Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

How Do I...? Looking for answers on how to add a picture to your sig, where to go to find a certain topic, find out what LOL means? Frequently asked questions and lots of how to answers are here!

Old 06-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Commonly Asked Questions

How do I add a signature to my posts?

You may have a signature file that will appear on the bottom of all of your posts.

You must be logged in to access the control panel. If you are not logged in, scroll to the bottom of the forum home page and enter your user name and password.

Once logged in, click the button at the top of the forums that says USER CP. This is the user control panel where you can access all of your settings.

Click the link that says Edit Profile. Scroll down to where it says "Signature" and enter your information here. We ask that you please keep the signature to a maxiumum of 4 lines, including your homepage url. No affiliate urls please!

How do I place an icon under my username?

In order to get an Avatar (icon) under your name you need a minimum of 20 posts. For more details on Avatars, please go to the thread http://www.familycorner.com/forums/...=&threadid=1748

In the meantime, instructions for adding, changing or deleting an avatar are:

1) click the USER CP button at the top of the page

2) click Edit Options

3) Scroll to the bottom of the page. The last option before submitting the modifications is "Avatar". Below the word Avatar, there is a link that says "More info..." click that link and you will see the avatars to choose from. When you find one that you like, click the button that says "change avatar".

4) you will be taken to a page that will allow you to choose the avatar that you want. It will only display 25 avatars per page, so you can look at the end of the avatars to see if there is a link to more pages. Click the check box of the avatar you want and click the button at the end that says "Submit Modifications".

How do you set the correct time for the forums?

To have the time correctly displayed on your computer screen while at the FamilyCorner.com Message Boards, go into your "User Control Panel" by clicking the USER CP button at the top of the page. Once in the control panel, click "Edit Options" and scroll down and select your time zone.

Where did my post go?

"Where did the thread I started go? I can't find it."

Often times someone will start a thread where there is already a forum going for that subject. In this case, the new thread will be merged into the existing thread. This makes browsing the board listings much easier and removes repetition.

If you are looking for a particular subject, you can always browse the main forum index by clicking the HOME button at the top of the forum's pages. Or you can use the SEARCH button to find what you are looking for by typing in keywords relevant to your search.

If you want to see all of your posts, simply click the SEARCH button above and type in your user name in the "Search By User Name" field.

Hint: To reply to a particular post, hit "post reply" rather than starting a new thread. This will keep the forums running smooth!

Where can I get help if I need it?

There are several things you can do. You can always go to the FAQ's (can be found here: http://www.familycorner.com/forums/m...?s=&action=faq). You can also email [email protected] or PM Tami (ajrsmom).
Old 06-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Can you post URL's to other sites?

As long as what you are posting is not an affiliate program that is making you money or a work at home business that you are running, then it's fine to post urls. Message boards are great places to find online resources for anything from recipes to education and everything in between. So please feel free to post urls to places that you feel are on topic for a particular thread. If you have a work at home business, please limit your url to your signature file.

What is Email Notification

You also have the option to have email notification set. If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Receive updates to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.

If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here .

Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options.

Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'.

How do I post and/or reply to a message?

TO REPLY TO A MESSAGE:

If you see a post that you want to reply to, click the green button at the top or the bottom of the page that has the post on it that says "post reply". Then just follow the prompts. You just fill in the box with your message and click submit.

TO POST A NEW THREAD:

If you don't see your topic anywhere and want to start a new "thread" (conversation), then click to the appropriate forum and then click the green button that says "new thread". But please only use this if you don't already see a conversation that is going on about that subject. When you post a new thread, please make the subject line detailed. For example, instead of typing "I need help" or "need ideas" in the subject, type something like "Homemade laundry soap" or "mommy burnout". That way when someone scrolls through the threads they will know right away what the conversation in that thread is about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please know you can email or PM me at any time for help or to answer your questions.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I'm just wondering what happened to my reminders...they aren't coming today! Do I clear my cookies, then log in again and start over?
Old 12-01-2003, 01:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I followed your directions but it's still not working. No reminders coming through.
Do I need to reset my computer before the cookies are totally "gone"?
Thanks--
Old 01-03-2004, 02:08 PM

recipe

please tell me how i go about posting a recipe.
colleen

Old 03-09-2004, 04:40 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

testing reply
Old 08-02-2004, 07:09 PM
iGlide

This is Amanda testing something, please ignore
Old 09-20-2004, 02:19 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

HELP i clicked avatar and this came up."Use avatar
Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post. no
(note that any custom avatars will be deleted if you select this option)
Choose your avatar from the available list:
' Now what help
Old 09-20-2004, 06:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I think you need a minimum of 20 posts to have an avatar...but you're ALMOST there! Then when you go to that section where you just were, there will be some to choose from. As you get more posts, the pool of available avatars will get bigger
Old 09-20-2004, 06:16 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh ok

How do I know how many I have?