Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

How Do I...? Looking for answers on how to add a picture to your sig, where to go to find a certain topic, find out what LOL means? Frequently asked questions and lots of how to answers are here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

How To Upload Pictures And Personalize Your Signature Box

Hi everybody! This is a new section in FC,where you can ask questions and learn a bit about how to post graphics, and how to find an online Image Posting site,which is the first step before you can post a picture or graphic in your signature box. This will be a "FUN" experience,and NO question will be considered silly,thats how I learned and am still learning,and am by no means an expert,so we can all learn together and have fun.If you would like to ask a question,(on a graphic topic)you may start a new thread with that subject,because I know others will learn from your questions. So lets get started on your first step to posting a graphic in your signature box.
The first thing you need to know are the guidelines as far as size,as to what is allowed on FC. I know its different ,depending on the website you are posting on. Here are the guidelines for FC.
No more than 4 lines of words,"including" your picture in the signature file.No one picture over 100x100(and if anyone has any questions on how to resize I will be posting on how to do that,because thats actually a "basic" thing that alot of others "assume" you know about, yet I know alot dont,as I was one of the "clueless" ones first starting out,lol.If its a little over thats okay,but anything considered too big by Amanda or Tami, will be removed.
For anyone that wants to advertise a website or business,you are allowed to post the "business name" plus clickable link "only",and this is included in your 4 line maximum for your signature.
Okay lets get started on how to find an online image hosting site.An Image Hosting site is a site that allows you to upload and store photos,and will give you the "code" for that specific image,so you can post it right into your signature box. There are alot of FREE ones out there, the one I use and like the best is PhotoBucket,because its the easiest one I know of to use, you just upload the photo,and then you copy and paste the code right into your siggy box,"very easily". Here is the link for PhotoBucket
http://www.photobucket.com/ than click on the link (top left) that says join now
Okay you have joined Photo Bucket and now what? Your picture you would like to post is in your Picture folder (or wherever you store your pictures) I always use my picture file.) You will be using the "Add Picture" for uploading link on PhotoBucket. Once that is open you will see a "browse button" click on that,your file will open,go to the image you want and click on it.The address of your picture will appear in the space next to Add Picture. Now click "Submit". Your first picture will be uploaded into your PhotoBucket Album!Next to your picture you will see a check box, check the box, and scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you will see a bar that says"Generate HTML & IMG code" click on that, and a new page with alot of codes will open up.
Go down to the "3rd" box down and left click on it and it will "highlite" the box,than right click on it, and choose "CUT". Okay now you have the code for your picture to insert into your signature file on FC.
Next step, you go to FC, and click on your "user cp", and just in case you dont know where that is, its located in the top left of the main forums page, under where it says Family Corner Forums.Once you do that ,on the next page underneath "control panel" click on "edit signature".Now you should be on your signature box page, scroll down a bit, and you will see "edit signature" place your mouse in the box,in the approximate section you want your image to be, and right click, and click "paste", your code should now be in the box, and this is also where you can type any words etc. also. When its all set make sure you click on the SAVE button! Than it should be all set.Remember if you have any questions just ask,and have fun with it! As you get more experienced in doing all this you will find shortcuts of your own, there is really no ONE WAY,I just try and choose the easiest ways for us "computer challanged" people,myself included.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks for starting this thread I am sure it will come in handy.
Fish3711

Old 11-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thank you Sandie for wanting to share your knowledge. I'm sure we all will have so many questions. Unfortunately, I know that I have many and can't think of one darn one right now. Oh man!

Oops, by the way, how does my siggy look? Is there too much?

www.jorabeels.com
Old 11-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

WOW that was a great lesson Sandie.
Attached Images

"The thoughts you entertain are the seeds from which your actions grow."
Old 11-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks Teresa, Just trying to explain it as simple as possible because I remember how totally "clueless" I was first starting out, yet I would get directions for something that only "Bill Gates" could understand, lol.
I dont know I think there is a "tie" as to who is the biggest Siggy Piggy
Old 11-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank you so much Sandie!!!! I'm going to print this out and figure it out..I cant wait to put a bear in my siginature line..Your a sweetie!!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi Kim!! If you have any questions or need more help just ask,I tried to make the instructions as easy as I could. Even if you are having a problem finding cute "teddy" bears let me know, I have tons of them! I will be posting how to resize .
Old 11-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sandie this was a great idea for a thread thanks a bunch
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Actually the thanks goes to Amanda and Tami for asking me to do this, and Tami for setting up the forum!! I know this will be fun!
Old 11-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

CONGRATULATIONS

SANDIE
and thanks for all the new info. It will be helpful to alot of newbies....
Attached Images

"The thoughts you entertain are the seeds from which your actions grow."