FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Homeschooling (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/homeschooling/)
-   -   Kindergarten.. HELP! (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/homeschooling/7736-kindergarten-help.html)

TanyaLynn 07-25-2003 10:18 AM

Kindergarten.. HELP!

:confused: I have been homeschooling my oldest son since he was in 2nd grade, and this year he's in 5th, I have allready bought his school stuff, we are using Switched On Schoolhouse. BUT.. my youngest starts Kindergarten this year and I have not got anything for him yet. I was thinking of getting the workbooks from Alpha Omega... any suggestions? Any input would be greatly appreciated, he is much more energetic and noisy than his older brother and I am not sure how this is going to work out. He went to head Start the last 2 years, so I had quiet time with my oldest then. This year will be a challenge to say the least! Also, does anyone have any materials they may want to sell?
THANKS!
:cat:

martiehawk 07-28-2003 09:25 AM

Hi! I have 4 daughters I homeschool.

Ages 13.5 beginning 9th grade in 3 weeks
11.5 beginning 6th grade
7 beginning 2nd grade
5.5 beginning K

I use SOS with my oldest 2 and have saved all their cd's to use with my youngest two. We LOVE it.

With my 2 youngest I'm using AO's Horizons and LifePac's and really have enjoyed using them. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Feel free to pm me if you have questions or want more info. :worm:

peanut92973 08-01-2003 06:01 PM

theres alot of places where you can get workshhets on the internet. enchantedlearning.com, worksheets.com, abcteach.com. those are some off the top of my head.

oldfashionmama 08-02-2003 05:17 AM

i love love love alpha omega workbooks! both my children always score a grade level ahead and this is all they have ever used. it makes things so easy- no record keeping and no creating tests etc. plus the phone staff is super helpful!

elg71 08-02-2003 07:30 PM

Possible Idea

I don't homeschool, but I do use workbooks with my two girls from Learning Horizons (An American Greetings Company). These are workbooks used by teachers, with answer keys and such. There is a website: www.learninghorizons.com although I haven't checked it out yet because I just noticed the web address. I can say that both my girls are in preschool and are way ahead of the game according to their preschool teachers. Also, a friend (who teaches third grade) said they had already grasped concepts that some of her third graders are just getting. My girls are three and four years old and can write basic words, basic addition, logical thinking, etc. And these are skills they learned because they enjoy doing the books, not because I pushed them into learning.

Like I said, I don't and won't homeschool them, but I can see a difference between my children and children the same age, even some older and will continue to provide these workbooks and others to my girls.

Bless you for having the courage to homeschool and good luck in your search for information.

TanyaLynn 04-03-2004 08:02 PM

Thanks!!!!

I was just going back over my old post and wanted to say thanks to all of your for your suggestions, and I decided to get Alpha Omega workbooks for Nick and he is zipping right through them and doing very well! He is learning to read too, and that is so fun! Hope you are all having a good school year as well! My 5th grader is making good grades as well, I am happy with it! :)
:cat: