Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Homeschooling Do you homeschool? Thinking about it? Join the discussion and talk to other homeschooling parents!

Old 04-24-2003, 10:41 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Will start homeschooling next school year...

I am very excited to begin our homeschooling adventure next school year...This something that has been on my heart for about 4 yrs now and is finally coming to pass. Our reasons for bringing our 3 older children home are not because of disciplinary problems but because I feel, after much prayer, that this is what God would have me do. My children are very excited too! We have 5 children with only 3 in school right now. 1st - 3rd this year. They have been attending a great Christian school (my husband & I actually graduated from there) but it is time for them to be at home. I have several friends that are currently homeschooling their children so I have them for support and I am also getting involved with our local Christian homeschooling group. Any tips or input from you "experienced" homeschoolers would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 04-24-2003, 11:02 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

Take time to view the entire homeschooling forum.
There are many other discussions that you may
benefit from.

Some of the threads may not be shown. At the bottom
of the forum change the show topics...from 30 days to
"the beginning" and hit go, it will show all the threads
on this forum. I think there are 3 pages of threads.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky New Homeschoolers!!! WELCOME TO THE FAMILY~

I LOVE about.com! for all the information there.
There is a forum on just about everything and loads of information on each topic as well as an e-mail newsletter
which keeps you informed on your topic.
I joined the education and the homeschool forums as well as the distance learning forum. You can subscribe and unsubscribe at any time.
The Homeschool forum at about.com has links to loads of information on each state so that you can do state history or
just learn about a state (or all of them)
There is also a FunDay calendar which has educational activities that your kids will just think are free time!!

I have loved the free resources/samples available to teachers and homeschoolers as well! Just check out the links on the different pages! You'll be lost in the sheer wealth of information.

Exercise is a dirty word!
Every time I say it,
I wash my mouth out with Chocolate!
and rinse with Caramel!
Old 05-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

OOPS! I forgot to tell you to make sure to find a support group.
And if you are in a state where you must have a "cover" or "umbrella" school, make sure that you use one with which you are comfortable discussing problems as they are supposed to be a help to you as well. The more active ones provide more choices and opportunities for your children. Our "cover" has football, baseball, softball, cheerleading, choir, drama, yearbook, Key Club, a Christian Honor Society, Beta Club, Spirit Team, Chess Club, etc.
We are also a part of a learning co-op which is like regular school except that the kids only meet for class once or twice a week and only for the subjects that you need and choose. This makes it easier to get the harder subjects covered by a living breathing human being who actually understands them!!!!
OK, so who says that homeschooled children don't get any
kind of socialization????
I say that we just have a better control over who our
children socialize with!!!!

Exercise is a dirty word!
Every time I say it,
I wash my mouth out with Chocolate!
and rinse with Caramel!