Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Education > Homeschooling

Homeschooling Do you homeschool? Thinking about it? Join the discussion and talk to other homeschooling parents!

Old 04-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question Is Homeschooling good or bad?

Hey guys,

I cannot decide whether or not to homeschool, and after lots of research ive put together a little website so I can get some feedback. If you would visit it and leave your opinions that would be fantastic in my decision making process!!!
http://www.wix.com/krussell22/homevpublic

Thank you!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Krussell, welcome to Family Corner

I noticed that you had placed the same question in two separate places. We really don't do that here, so the second question has been deleted.

After I visited your website it was clear that you are a student. Are you also a parent with children who is considering homeschooling, or are you a student working on a project?

We're friendly here and happy to help, but it's nice if the person asking for the help of our members is clear about who they are and what their purpose is in asking.

As to your conclusions on your site, government regulation of education is precisely the reason that many parents choose to homeschool or (as I do) send their children to Catholic or other religious schools. In my opinion and in the opinion of many other parents who choose non-public alternatives for their children's education, the government does not belong in the business of educating our children.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Krussel, I welcome to Family Corner. If you get a chance, pop over to the Introduce Yourself forum so that others may greet you.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!

Last edited by DeBora4BobbyL; 04-25-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, I looked at the sight & will leave my feed back here rather than there. The main thing I don't agree with is that homeschool should be highly regulated by the government. I wouldn't mind maybe yearly testing, but not more than that really. Does the government love my child better than I do? Does the school board care more about the sucess of my child & what the future holds for for him? Do they even know him better than I do? The answer to all of these questions is a resounding no.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The government does not know my child the way I do. Mothers know their children best.

Also are you a parent considering homeschooling or writing a paper on homeschooling?
Old 05-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

There is good and ad points to both sides , so much depends are the people involved. I have 1 friend who is and is doing a great job as she takes the job seriously. Another uses the computer and her kids work maybe a hour a day but takes breaks for everything. Her kids are way behind their age level. My dgd is very social and loves regular school ( we live in a very good district)an does great in the public school