Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Homeschooling Do you homeschool? Thinking about it? Join the discussion and talk to other homeschooling parents!

Old 05-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

How soon will your school year finish?

We still have 27 math lessons to do. And -- since school isn't over till teh math books are done -- we'll probably be going till mid-June.

Are any of you finished for the year?

Do you quit for the year when your state's requirements are met or do you use some other criteria? For us, it's 182 days and math books finished.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

upstate NY homeschooler

Hi, there! We are just finishing up our first year of homeschooling. I am a SAHM to our 4 children--not quite 6 yo son, almost 4 1/2 yo daughter, 2 1/2 yo daugher, and a 4 mo. old daughter. The eldest was in kindergarten this year, and the 4 1/2 yr. old will join in the fall. Here in NY state, the requirements are 180 days and the equivalent of 900 hours (for the lower grades) in that time period. Our 180 days will be up on June 4th, and we will be officially done with school then. All we have left is 20 lessons in one of his reading books, which we have been reading about 2 lessons a day. He will finish after June 4th, but I will start working on his 4th quarterly report to turn in any time after June 4th. Sounds like you are almost there!

Rebecca
Old 05-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I've been homeschooling my 10 yr old daughter for about a year and a half now. We don't have any specified requirments as far as how many hours or days, etc. here. But I tend to do the year round thing. We continue through summer. However I'm very flexible throughout the year. She goes a day off here and there, a week off now and then during summer for camp, classes, trips, whatever.