Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Home Decorating & Repair Got any ideas for pretty window treatments? How about ways to fix that squueky hinge?

Old 08-29-2003, 10:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Furniture Finds..

I am wanting to have an Italian Country farmhouse table and I can not find one anywhere! I have only seen the one I like at a model home and I can not find anything like it. I have looked online, in furniture stores, catalogs, and even the library to find a picture to maybe get someone handy to build for me and nothing. I might have to go back adn take a picure of it!! lol.

Anyone know where I can find this table and what specific piece of furniture have you been looking for?? Maybe I have seen it.

TX Chef Fran
Old 09-07-2003, 12:32 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

table???

If you are still looking for that table I would got get a few pictures of it from that model home and ask if you could call the decorator. She might be able to tell you where she got it from or maybe even be able to sell you the one from the display home. If you can't find what you want, look in the yellow pages for a local wood worker or cabnet shop. If your able to draw out what you want they should be able to build it. My husband is a jack of all trades and has built me several pieces of furniture from things I mentioned I wanted (a bench for our bedroom, an entertainment center, and a large shelf are a few items). They should also be able to give you options about type of wood, color of stain and so forth. Also ask for an estimate as well as a contract that will protect you and the builder. Such a piece would be pretty expensive, but it should also last a lifetime and be a valuable heirloom. I wish you luck in finding what you are looking for!
Steph
Old 09-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ask the builder who the decorator for the room is.. then, call the decorator and discuss the table.

There are certain pieces and fabrics that are available only through decorators.... It can't hurt to ask, and this way you are going to the source.

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 09-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb tried French country?

Hi, Just read your post and although I don't know if you can buy this in america, I thought you would like to check it out. I am a military wife currently living in Germany and we found the most fabulous French country oak furniture made by a company called Pierson. We have a HUGE farmhouse table and buffet/hutch that is so gorgeous and sturdy it will surely be passed down to my great-grandaughter (If I ever have one that is)! Here is the site and at least you will have pictures if you like it to print out and show around for help.
http://www.pierson.fr/english/collection.htm

Enjoy and I hope it helps!
Wendi-AirForceWife&Mommy
Old 10-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

THANKS!!!

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions. I called hte builder then called the decorator and it was actually bought at Crate and Barrel!! Went to their website and it cost $1400 for the table alone! WOW! And then antoher $400 for each chair (there were 6) There is NO WAY I am spending $3,800 on a dinning room suite. So here is what I decided. I printed out the picture and sent it to my uncle who does custom cabinets. He said he could build the table for about $100 worth of supplies!!! That is a savings of $1300 right there!!!!!!!! Then with the chairs I talked to my mom who is a Garage Sale Junkie who redoes anything and everything to make them beautiful!! She said I could find some simple plain chairs that are L shaped then just add my own pad and get the slipcovers. I checked around and the slipcovers I can get for about $30 each, found cheap chairs for $30 each and then the cushions shouldn't run much so all in all it should cost about so if I can find the chairs for around $400 I should be able to do all of my 6 chairs.

$500 for the same table or $3800??????? Mmm you do the math!!!

TX Chef Fran