Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Home Decorating & Repair Got any ideas for pretty window treatments? How about ways to fix that squueky hinge?

Old 08-25-2004, 05:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

and here is AFTER...
(if this comes out too dark I will take another in the daytime)
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2004, 05:20 PM
kellyandkids

Looking good!

OK, I just bought a digital camera but that means I have to read about it and not lose that paperwork amongst the rest.

I don't want to be a grownup tonight.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

OK, I am going to clean up my desk for the New Year! I am , I really AM!!!!!
Anyone else up for the challenge or am I the only one with a messy desk and files?

I have a desk something like the one Barbszy posted. It was my grandma's and I have had it forever. Same style as Barbszy but white pine.
I havn't cleaned the drawers of it, or the files next to it in eons!!!!!

What does your desk look like? Is it seperate of where you have your computer or is your computer on your desk?
Do you have a nice neat desk or are you a messy like me?

hugs, train

Old 01-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

That "after" picture puts me to shame. My desk is a WRECK right now.

Part of the reason is that Santa brought me a new printer for Christmas. We need to set it up on the network and put it in our home office, but that is not done yet, so it is living on my desk.

I think I need to REALLY clean out the drawers so I can set most of what's ON the desk INTO it.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Nine Year Member

LOL If I didn't have a desk all the piles of paper would be on the floor for the dogs to spread across the room.

My new desk is always a mess because I haven't gotten a good arrangement figured out yet.

I did actually get the piles cut down by half this week so maybe by next weekend I'll see wood.

Roberta
Old 01-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good thread some how I missed it before.
I have a very heavy desk that came from Germany it belonged to my hubby. It is not of course a regular puter desk. It has 3 drawers on the left and a door on the right which can be locked and is. On the door is my Bumper Sticker from FC that DebK sent me when she was my SS. Now on the top is tower on left monitor next to it with small speakers on side of tower and other one on side of monitor, keyboard in front (of course) have a sectional thing against the wall that is suppose to hold CD's etc but not one CD in any area lol. and to the right of that is 2 other smaller "sorters" which have lots of stuff, bills etc and it needs to be sorted and most likely some of it thrown away. YES it needs cleaning big time. I actually did some of it a week ago. But needs more
Old 01-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh this is a great thread. My "desk" is actually my computer table. On it is my monitor (which is huge! dh got me a new one for Christmas), printer, speakers, and piles of "stuff". I try very hard to keep it cleaned off and neat but since everyone in the family uses the computer, they are constantly leaving behind their stuff (candy wrappers, papers, toys, etc.) which drives me crazy! So, I have inherited my grandmother's desk. It is still at my mom's house as I haven't moved it yet and still am not sure where it is going to fit. It has a flip down top with lots of cool cubbies and drawers in the top for storing bill paying supplies etc. and below is 5 large drawers. When I get it, it will be my space to be organized. (well I can hope anyway). This weekend I am going to try to clean off my computer table again. I am then going to count how many days (or perhaps hours) pass before someone starts piling stuff on it!

~Mother Theresa

Old 01-09-2009, 09:30 PM

I have a computer desk and a cabinet on each side with shelfs. The cabinets stay pretty organized but the desk top is another story. And it's my own fault.
Dh has his computer on a small desk upstairs and is always neat.
I have a desk and file cabinet in my craft/home office room. Right now I can't see the top of it. My project in the next week or so is to get it cleaned off and my crafts, recipes and what ever else is hiding there gets put away.
Dh prefers to sit at the table in the 4 seasons room to do the bills. We have a small roll top desk in there for envelopes, stamps, paper etc. That is always neat since he takes care of it.
His work shop table in the basement sometimes looks like my desk though. But he's pretty good about keeping it decent so he can find things.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My desk is a huge mess. I had it cleaned and organized once (yep, only once,lol). I fogot what that looked like. All the notes we take off sites, daughter's "creative" drawings and notes to me, bills (paid and unpaid), notebooks, bill paying supplies, etc. are all piled here. I intend to get it organized and clean again, and soon. It is driving me crazy. Although, I know where everything is when I need it, (which pile to look in). I need to do some serious garbage "filing".
Old 01-17-2009, 06:59 PM

My work table in my craft/office room is cleaned off and I have all the bill recipets put away.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson