Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Home Decorating & Repair Got any ideas for pretty window treatments? How about ways to fix that squueky hinge?

Old 04-14-2004, 11:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Dream House

Let's imagine our Dream House....where would it be? How would it look? How many rooms? The sky's the limit!
Old 04-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I believe my dream house isn't what people typically imagine! My idea of the perfect home is not very large, maybe 800 square feet, bungalow style, with two bedrooms. It is a perfect, little gem! It would be built between 1920-1940, with lots of character and charm. There would be little nooks and arched doorways, hardwood floors and darling details. It would be sitting in a park-like yard with large, mature trees, on a quiet, picture perfect street. I would decorate it like my current home, with soft colors and quilts, antiques and older furniture.

Actually, Dh and I are looking for just this sort of house! We currently live in a new house with a garage at the front that is completely lacking in character. It is in a great neighborhood with a wonderful mountain view, but just isn't what my heart longs for.

What would your dream house look like, Barbszy?

Jenna
Old 07-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Barbszy's dream house:

My basic idea keeps changing but one thing stays the same: it MUST have a front porch!!! A wraparound porch would be even better

I am drawn to older homes (before 1930). I like the bungalow style and also Victorian style homes. Like Jenna, I would want mature trees and a nice street. Inside the home, I'd love natural woodwork (stained, not painted).

Since we have 3 children I would want 4 bedrooms, a usable basement (for a family room) and a good size living room--since we want to keep the computers in the main area of the home. (Got to keep tabs on the kids!) And since we have a toddler, a fence is a must. I like those new fences that look like picket fences but are made of plastic/metal. We can still chat with the neighbors but not worry about the little guy escaping!
Old 07-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hmmm, my dream house...well for one thing, it has to be somewhere warm!! Where you can sit outside on your wraparound porch and enjoy the cool breezes and sip a sweet tea or lemonade!! I have always loved those house that have one of these porches or a screened in room to have your coffee in the morning. Maybe live in the Florida Keys or North Carolina, or even Arizona. NOT Michigan where we live now, love all the seasons but get soooo tired of winter, it just lasts too darn long!! I also would like room enough to have my own craft/scrapbooking room. And lots of windows cause I just love the light!! An open feel to the home is essential also.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

A log cabin in the middle of nowhere. WITH electricity and running water, of course.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Vickilynn, you WILL have an internet connection in that cabin, right???
Old 08-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

absolutely

Old 08-30-2004, 07:03 AM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Gosh my dream house! It must have a wrap around porch with columns. It must have a huge, open gourmet kitchen that opens into a huge open airy family room. The master suite must have a fireplace, sitting area and one of those spa bathrooms. It has to have a workshop that is heated and a/c for dh. Big back yard for a garden. I'm still thinking about the rest of it. Those are must haves.