Christmas 2010

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • My list will be pared down this year just have no choice. And with Adam & Bianca not being here not sure what I will do for them. The W-Mart is not that close to them and they both like going there. But that still may be what I do. Gina & Kent are hard to buy for so most likely will give both some cash how much remains to be seen.
    Steven good question, Judy is my easiest one to buy for. But none will be too expensive.
  • I've bought a few smal things during the year for dh and a family of 3 that we always exchange with but it will be less expensive this year. I don't exchange with anybody at work. Last year they tried to have a gift card exchange and that failed. I did some baking and took that to share with whoever wanted it but doubt if I will even do that this year. There are lots of diabetics there who can't have a lot of sugar.
  • I don't work so no exchanges of any kind there. I make cookies and some times Breads and take to church the day of the Christmas program but other than cards that we lay out on table at church do not do anything there much as I love my small congregation. We never mail cards our ministers gather them and pass them to the diff congregations. We have several in diff areas of VA.
  • That's pretty neat Pattie the minister passing on the wishes be kind of fun when they are delivered.

Going back to apricots baking for work collegues I do make chirstmas treats at the beginning of Dec for hubby to take to work for our 3 employees, the just go in the kitchen fridge and they can take them as they like, rum balls, white christmas, christmas cake slices, broken pretzels mixed with choc, you know the, tid bits.
    I then just make that stuff for us and depending on where christmas is as to who else I make it for.
  • I have never been one to make fancy cookies. But evidently what I make they seem to enjoy. They also keep the platters that I have them on and then they can use the platter to lay out some of their own baking at future Fellowships we have or whereever they want to use them. Each family gets a platter. The Breads are sliced to eat while there and then any leftovers can be taken by anyone. I have fun doing it
  • I will usually bring in a cookie tray to work, but a pretty small one. One of our partners' mother loves to bake and send him in with lots of cookies and candy. Besides that, we got lots of goodies from other businesses and law firms. We put some of the stuff in the freezer for after the holidays.

This year I may make ornaments for my co-workers. I was going to do that last year, too, but ran out of time. We'll see how it goes this year.
  • I am sure they will love your ornaments Kathy I know I would. Going to sit on porch and read for a bit.