FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Holidays (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/holidays/)
-   -   Christmas 2010 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/holidays/26774-christmas-2010-a.html)

Pag36 05-19-2010 04:48 PM

Candy if I wastch one I have seen before I almost always know the dialog before they say it. The only movie I have on purpose watched over and over is the first Miracle on 34th it use to be a tradition for our children

crochet2 05-30-2010 09:12 AM

Good afternoon all!!

Even though I want to give everyone everything, this year I am thinking that 3 gifts apiece will be it. After all, Jesus only received 3 gifts. Since I first heard about this idea, it has intrigued me.

I do send away for samples all year long, and do a lot of "try me free" items (hand lotions, shampoos, make-up, etc.) that make excellent gifts, or stocking stuffers.

My favorite items to receive include kitchen stuff (a new bowl, new kind of plastic container, etc.), that doesn't have to be expensive for me to like it. My favorite items to give include sox, and pjs.

No one in my family revolts against used clothing, so a trip here and there to the thrift stores generates lots of gently used sweatshirts, and tops. And, there are always items that still have tags on them (some kitchen items, some toys, etc.).

Yard sales are great to find almost anything - yarn is a biggie for me. I just go and make an offer straight away, and worry about what I will use it for later (to make gifts for others - hats, mittens, scarves, etc.).

Michael's and AC Moore also have sales throughout the year on t-shirts (5/$10 usually).

Ladies, hope I have given my ideas in clear ideas, and that they are helpful.

Take care all!! Norma

Pag36 05-30-2010 10:11 AM

Norma I do the same thing with samples and check out Goodwill for sweats for Judy. And like you have found new things there.

trainlady 05-30-2010 07:39 PM

Big Lots is another great store to get Christmas bargains at, especially stocking stuffers. Last year I had all my shopping done by October and I am hoping to do the same this year. My nieces always get three things from us, an ornament, a book and one other present. I've gotten a few things for them so far......

I started a new tradition this year of Christmas cards in March!!!!! Merry St. Patricks Day...Happy Christmas!!!

hugs, train:fireworks

cat lover 05-31-2010 03:20 AM

trainlady, do you send the cards in March or just get them all written for Christmas time? Just wondered! lol

trainlady 06-01-2010 08:36 AM

This year I SENT them in MArch!!! LOL!!!!

Pag36 06-01-2010 10:45 AM

Yep she sent hers in March what a surprise and pleasure.

I love Big Lots too Donna. Have not been there in awhile. Might do that tomorrow if I get out with Stacie

HAPPY6 06-10-2010 03:41 PM

I received a Christmas card from Donna the day after Saint Patrick's Day. I thought it was going to be a Saint Patrick Day card.....Never expected it to be a Christmas card!!

Haleys grandmom 07-01-2010 04:21 PM

I don't even dare to think Christmas the way my mother's health is. She is doing real good right now, but, the Dr's said 6 months and that would be around Nov. or Dec. but, I think she's going to fool them unless she gets pneumonia again. If she's not around it will only be my dh and myself. Our kids are to far away and it costs so much to send them anything.

Bilby 07-16-2010 11:16 PM

Not that I'm counting but ....

5 Months
160 Days