FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Holidays (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/holidays/)
-   -   Christmas 2010 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/holidays/26774-christmas-2010-a.html)

MsJReg 01-29-2010 02:58 PM

Christmas 2101

I have bought a couple gifts already. I did buy 25 gift bags at the Dollar Tree for 50% off, so I should be set in that area. I'm like bilby-I'd like to run away for Christmas. It is not my favorite holiday, since it becomes so stressful and about gifts. Did I mention I buy for 15 grandkids, seven daughters and seven sil. Also my twin sis her family and my parents.

WendyMichelle 01-29-2010 04:07 PM

I have gotten 2 gifts but so far that is it...

cat lover 05-16-2010 09:06 AM

One word on some gift cards--- read the fine print on the back, some deduct a certain amount each month beginning with after they are purchased.

The two DS's and their wives is all we have to buy for and we had decided last year to cut way back on that. I used to shop all year and each had a rubbermaid tote that their gifts went into and then a big bow on them and gave them to them at Christmas. One DS and his wife don't celebrate Christmas (like DH and I; just another day here; DH and I don't exchange gifts) so last year we gave each a set amount of money, a pair of PJ's, sweat suit and a "few" gifts we thought they would like. This year we are cutting even those gifts back. If Christmas would go away that would make life easier!

We enjoyed it when the kids were little, but now it just being DH and I so many holidays just aren't anythig special any longer to us. We usually try and keep ourselves busy with some sort of project or another. So enjoy while the kids are little!

Bilby 05-16-2010 07:06 PM

You have to be careful on some gift cards, some have to be used in 3, 6 or 9 months, so don't go to far ahead and check the dates, will the person you give the card to use all the value in the given time

HAPPY6 05-17-2010 01:56 PM

:clause:7 Months and 220 days till Santa hits the sky again......HO HO HO HO

Pag36 05-17-2010 03:41 PM

LOL was wondering when you would start the count down Caroline

kathymac 05-18-2010 03:23 AM

It's never too early to start the countdown! Planning ahead makes all of the difference! I haven't gotten anything yet as we have had the house up for sale since February and we've been trying to declutter. The less we have, the less there will be to move. But the house is still on the market with no real prospects for a sale, so it's time to get back to life as normal. So I'll start picking up a few things here and there.

Pag36 05-18-2010 06:40 AM

You are so right Kathymac. If I did not do a bit all along during the year would not be doing anything much at Christmas time. I already have gifts for 3 people stashed. I want to pick up Flicka 2 for Judy this coming payday as know she will love it. Money spent on movies for her is never wasted she watches hers over and over. LOL not me once seen that is it.
Happy Christmas buying all

Bilby 05-18-2010 01:40 PM

I agree collecting things during the year is the best way to go, as time goes by we seem to do less and less presents, mainly now a few baked goods with only half a dozen gifts to give.

Candy 05-19-2010 04:42 PM

Pag36...I can watch movies over and over again . I remeber I saw them but never remeber much else,LOL.

I make stuff all year. This year everyone will get a painting. Still buy for 10 and under ..older grandkids get some money. I remind all the kids that we are having a birthday party for Jesus.