Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Holidays From New Year's to Christmas and Hanukkah too! Find all kinds of fun ideas here.

View Poll Results: How long will it be before you start decorating for the coming holidays?
I've started already! 4 8.33%
probably in the next week or two 15 31.25%
have a few Thanksgiving things up but I will wait to decorate other holidays 13 27.08%
I will wait until the middle of December or later to decorate 8 16.67%
I don't decorate 3 6.25%
other.... 5 10.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I already have the tree up...Which went up today...I decorated the house last week for Christmas...and tomorrow I will do the outside of the house...I got all my Christmas baking done...

Smiles & Hugs...

Last edited by BuddyBeanieBaby; 11-23-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pag36
Cindylee I am sure your girls will be thrilled you giving them a deco they grew up with. I would love having some that was on my family tree. Adam was talking about some of the ones we were putting on the tree that he would like to have them.
Pag36..last year when my girls were home they each took a couple ornaments off the tree which were theirs..gives they had received over the years from other family memebers, they were very happy to get them and seemed really surprized I was willing to let them go,,I said they are yours and always were,,but just got put away each year in my xmas stuff,,,LOL
The ones I may gift to each on are more like table and or mantle ornaments,,light up tree, snowman and manger scene,,,
Old 11-23-2008, 07:30 PM

Happy face

Patti. I am really super careful of the one old one that was Mom's. It goes near the top of the tree & when I put it away, I wrap it in bubble wrap & put in a bubble wrap bag. The one other one I had was mine from when I was a baby.. the hanger must have worked loose & it fell off the tree & shattered.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Nine Year Member

I have some of mom's (her moms ornaments) They are always on top of the tree. Not only do I have to worry about my Valerie(my cat) I have dgs to worry about! All gllass ornaments on top. Not for another 2 weeks though. We buy the tree 2 weeks before and decorate it not all in one night!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 11-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I must have missed out. When I was growing up we just had the plain colored bulb ornaments and never put names on them or anything.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I don't have anything either from when I was a child but do have some from Mom's tree and others she bought me or the kids over the years. Most of those have been given to Gina,Kenny and Pinky but of course Judy's are still here with me as she is. I am very careful to wrap the special ones too. And all my decos are kept in large totes so can not get wet and not easily crushed like a cardboard box would be .
Cindylee they will appreciate the table ornaments too I am sure.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I'm going to stay home on Black Friday so I can decorate and do some Christmas cards.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Assistant Moderator

Black friday?

Well today being friday and the weekend preceeding the 1st of Dec our decorations will go up on saturday and sunday, it's starting to get exciting! LOL

Old 11-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Kathy, the day after Thanksgiving has come to be known as Black Friday in the U.S. meaning it is the biggest sales day of the year and there is a mad rush for huge bargains with some stores opening at 4 a.m. The reason they call it "black" Friday is because the stores might have been in the "red" as in minus on their sales for the year so far and this is their last big chance of the year to make profits to bring them back into the "black," which would be a good thing for them. A lot of people wait until then to do their Christmas shopping so they can get better deals on gifts and other Christmas items.

Last edited by apricot; 11-27-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Assistant Moderator

Ok Apricot, that sounds like our boxing day (day after christmas) sales. (ds1 gets triple pay for that days work)
Black makes it sound bad but by the looks of things if you get your bargain it's a great thing.