FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Holidays (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/holidays/)
-   -   Is October too early to start seeing Christmas displays and decorations? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/holidays/21541-october-too-early-start-seeing-christmas-displays-decorations.html)

Liza44 10-07-2007 05:50 AM

I can argue for the craft stores. I was previously a manager for JoAnn Fabrics and you have to have the materials early for sewing, crafting etc. because of the time factor.
WomansIndex: Yes!!!! Especially since it is looped. I find myself knowing what the next song is in the tape. Pretty sad!

bobbijean 10-07-2007 08:35 AM

I agree that thanksgiving seems to be a forgotten holiday, it makes me sad. Just a meal you have to get thru on your way to go Christmas shopping. I wish they could wait until after Thanksgiving but I know that is unlikley but at least Nov 1 would be better than Sept 15th. I think for people with small children all the trees and lights get kids too reved up too early and they have to wait so long it must be hard.

WomansIndex 10-07-2007 08:49 AM

Thanks for the welcome Pag36!
Liza44; I would go crazy and I do love Christmas songs a lot! A friend of mine who works in a bakery said the same thing, about knowing the next song in the tape.

Pag36 10-07-2007 03:31 PM

You are welcome WomansIndex. What is your actual name?

Bobbiejean, I agree with the poor kids have so long to wait till they get their gifts after such a build up. Hugs to all

jjoj 10-07-2007 04:35 PM

December 24th?? Okay, no. Just kidding! I was thinking maybe around December 1st, actually, to give everyone a little time to appreciate Thanksgiving.

motherof2 10-07-2007 05:46 PM

Welcome to Womensindex. This is a fun place to be. Enjoy yourself!!

BuddyBeanieBaby 10-07-2007 10:54 PM

I love to see all the Christmas decorations as early as possible...

Sorry if I step on anyone's toes...but I never liked Christmas at all,not even as a kid...When I had my kids,I just went through the motions of Christmas for them...Now last year was the best Christmas I have ever had and this Christmas is going to be even better for me...

If I could,I would start decorating this week...hubby thinks I am nuts enough to do it too...ROFLMAO

So I will start decorating on November 1st...I know too early...but that is okay with me...

Mish 10-08-2007 05:13 AM

For me my mil has her set of decorations you know the ones that everyone used to collect in a vanity like thingie.It is in there year round.I like Christmas decoratins but when i was at walgreens this weekend all i saw was Halloween stuff out.It was nice to have them focusing on one holiday at a time.

Mish :)

Pag36 10-08-2007 05:39 AM

Theresa that is WAY too early for me BUT if you enjoy it then why not do it. Have fun doing it too

motherof2 10-08-2007 05:41 PM

Theresa, Do what tickles your fancy but I agree with Patti. Way too early for me.