Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Holidays From New Year's to Christmas and Hanukkah too! Find all kinds of fun ideas here.

View Poll Results: Do you decorate your home for ALL of the holidays?
YES! I have a stash of everything! pumpkins, stockings, shamrocks, sparklers + much more! 34 49.28%
I do but only for the "big" holidays like Christmas and Easter 26 37.68%
No, I am not inspired to decorate any more 8 11.59%
Are you kidding? I never take any of the decorations down! 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Do you decorate your home for ALL of the holidays?

I have been digging out all of my Halloween and fall decorations this past week. I love decorating, in some way or another, for all of the holidays.

Since my kids are still young, I can get away with "cheesey" decorations too.

I happen to think that our decorations make our home warm and inviting and that they make people smile when they come to our door.

Do you decorate for ALL of the holidays, some of them or none of them any longer?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 10-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

We decorate for Christmas - each year I can get dh to do a little more!

We put out pumpkins and mums for harvest and I try to change the outdoor flag for each holiday!
Old 10-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My mil showed me what true holiday spirit is. She is a regular Martha Stewart and decorates her whole house completely for each holiday, season and event. I have since tried to emulate her initiative, and I can safely say that I decorate for almost every holiday and season. It helps that I have started a dayhome, so we celebrate each thing now.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Head Moderator

When the boys were at home we went from one decoration coming down to the next decoration for whatever holiday was next. Now that it is DH and me and we live in isolation back in the woods, we don't tend to decorate much any more. No one else would ever see it and enjoy it and we are just too busy with living a mostly self sufficent life in the woods that most often I don't even think of what holiday is coming up. I do put a wreath on the door for major holidays)if I remember them), but we don;t even always have a Christmas tree any longer. I did take some branches from small trees 2 years ago and painted them silver and white and put them in a vase; they are up high where they can be seen from lots of areas and I have hanging on it snowmen, smores characters, and a few real Christmas ornaments that are always on it. That is about it!
Old 10-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle
My mil showed me what true holiday spirit is. She is a regular Martha Stewart and decorates her whole house completely for each holiday, season and event. I have since tried to emulate her initiative, and I can safely say that I decorate for almost every holiday and season. It helps that I have started a dayhome, so we celebrate each thing now.
My Ex-MIL went all out for Christmas. Even though she wasnt a warm and inviting person, her house was really pretty.

I bet that your house and your MIL's house is great!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 10-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I'm just not much on decorting. I do it for Christmas and that's all. My DD likes that my neighbor has decorations for every holiday and season! DD has taken Halloween into her own hands. She is drawing Halloween pictures and taping them to windows and doors all over the house.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:24 PM

Happy face

When the kids were younger, we did alot of decorating, but I don't do a whole lot anymore. I try to get lights out & some decorations for Christmas, but that's about it. Since I remarried, we haven't done alot of decorating yet. I will have a tree since I have alot of my Mom's decorations & special ones the kids made when they were younger. Putting them on the tree keeps their memory alive for us.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Assistant Moderator

Only because we don't have a few of the holidays the US has but we do the decorations for easter, although the kids are sorta past that so probably not much longer.
Christmas absolutely! I go all out and hubby does the house up outside in fairy lights they go up Dec1 and come down New Years day. It's fun and I get the kids to help as much as possible. I did buy a new candle Angel decoration for last year but thought it was to pretty to put away and sits out all year round now.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:13 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrsmom
I bet that your house and your MIL's house is great!
Well...I guess that depends on your definition of "great", some might say borderline to full on tacky!! LOL (that is to say, my house, not my mil's--she is quite savvy!!!)
Old 10-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I go all out at Christmas,icicle lights all around the house,and fence,lots of lights in the windows,lots more lights on the tree inside and outside.This year I am doing the snowman theme in the house.I love the lights and I am going to enjoy them for as long as possible.