Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Holidays From New Year's to Christmas and Hanukkah too! Find all kinds of fun ideas here.

View Poll Results: Do you decorate your home for ALL of the holidays?
YES! I have a stash of everything! pumpkins, stockings, shamrocks, sparklers + much more! 34 49.28%
I do but only for the "big" holidays like Christmas and Easter 26 37.68%
No, I am not inspired to decorate any more 8 11.59%
Are you kidding? I never take any of the decorations down! 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This fall when we visited DD1 in college we had to take her bag of Halloween decorations. She and her roommate started a contest on their floor for best decorated room. When she was home last weekend she was going through her things to see what she had to take back with her at Thanksgiving so they could do some Christmas decorating.
We also drive around and look at Christmas lights. Now that the kids are getting older sometimes it is just DH and me. I don't think you ever get too old for Christmas lights.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

it's so funny because we did a fall festival in my office and we pulled decorations from everywhere. everyone in the office had some type of decor and we do it for everything
Old 10-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I agree don't think we ever tire of looking at the houses/yards with all their Christmas decorations. A lot of people here have Halloween/Harvest deco's out. I have 2 scare crows cute ones that is Gina has them too but also more hay bales, pumpkins, guards etc.

Christmas I will do things in the house and the tree of course. I have a friend that takes her pix off the wall and wraps them like presents and puts back up kinda nice.

Gina already has lots of her presents wrapped and ready to put under a tree or ship off to her inlaws in S Dak. Her tree will go up on T-Day or day before not sure when mine will go up yet.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I love to decorate for Christmas but now my children are grown, I had gotten out of it but am going to do it big this year and I decorate almost every room inside my home.....but what inspires me are that all of my ornaments on my tree are handmade...everything from when my children were little that they made in school to making everything from beading ornaments to yoyo ornaments.....even my tree skirt and tree topper are handmade. My husband of 3 years has yet to see how I decorate for Christmas so he is in for a treat and I really cannot wait to start all over like I use to. We will see. Does anyone else make all of their decorations?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I decorate for all the holidays. i usually go out big for Christmas
Old 11-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We love the changing of the seasons, and decorating for the holidays goes hand in hand with it!

My dd went to Trunk-or-Treat at our church last night, and her family won 1st place for the best decorated trunk! They came by here 1st, so I could see my grandbabies all dressed up, and I have to admit that they did a spook-tacular job of decorating!!

But, no one in our family holds a candle to my mom's Christmas decorating. She loves Victorian decorating, and tours homes to get ideas and then puts her own touches with it, and well......it is something you almost have to see to believe. It is incredible. Christmas is going to be at her house this year, and I can't wait to see what she has dreamed up!

Now that Halloween is over, I can't wait for all the Christmas lights to start going up. So beautiful!!

I don't ever remember snow at Christmas~so Raggd3, if your "powers" kick in, please send some my way! I promise lots of hot chocolate, pecan pie (and everything else that Tami has offered) if it could happen! What an awesome thing that would be if it snowed here for Christmas!!

Happy decorating everyone!!

You miss 100% of the opportunities you don't take.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I love decorating for all holidays

Old 11-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We love decorating for all the holidays. My ds, 13, really likes to do Halloween and Christmas. He did most all of the Halloween by himself this year and received lots of compliments from neighbors.

Grandma always decorates for the different holidays too and the kids love seeing all the different things. She always has a huge village set up and the kids will go and help her. They love to watch. For the past Christmas or two she has given ds some village pieces and this year she is going to give him Halloween decorations she bought on sale this week for his Christmas present. And he will be very happy with it.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 11-05-2006, 05:39 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

the house being decorated was something I grew up with so if I go into a home that isn't it seems strange to me. I of course have everything from the window clings for each holiday to the tiniest of things to hang on the tree. our cvs always has the tiny houses for Christmas and Halloween for .99 so I have lots of those. a Christmas music box, Christmas set of dishes , tables cloths , all of the little knick knacks you name it I even go out to get pointsettia plants ..the house probably looks like a store but it is fun and does make you happy as well as your family when they are a part of the decorating or are surprised when they walk in and you've been busy all day putting things up and dont forget the cookies ...a must it is fun and does make your home feel more cozy and when you live where it snows you need all the warm and fuzzy you can get.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:34 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I had always thought that decorating was for the kids, now I realize how much adults look forward to seeing it too.

I try not to miss any excuse to celebrate with decorations.

We enjoy the holidays with the grandkids.

Maryann

We learn lessons in the school of suffering
that we can learn in no other way.