FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Holidays (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/holidays/)
-   -   Patriot Day-In Remembrance of Sept. 11, 2001 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/holidays/15336-patriot-day-remembrance-sept-11-2001-a.html)

ajrsmom 09-10-2005 07:21 AM

Patriot Day-In Remembrance of Sept. 11, 2001

In memory of the tragic events that happened Sept. 11, 2001.

Please share your thoughts, prayers and memories of that day.

ajrsmom 09-10-2005 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I still remember this day as if it were yesterday.

ajrsmom 09-09-2006 06:23 AM

As posted by dvalliere:

September 11, 2006, will soon be approaching. On this day, please wear red, white and blue to work or school to show your support for those who lost their lives on 9~11~01 and to honor the heroes who worked to save them and the families left behind. At noon your time on September 11, 2006, no matter where you are or what you are doing, stop, put your hand on your heart, and say the Pledge of Allegiance out loud or to yourself and say a prayer for our nation.

In addition, for those of us who drive to work, please drive with your headlights on to also give honor and remembrance to those who perished on September 11th.

If all of us do this together in every time zone round the world, we will have a powerful chain of thoughts surrounding us. Please keep this going to your friends and family.

By September 11, 2006 hopefully enough people will have read this and will join together in unity.

ajrsmom 09-09-2006 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

jrztomato 09-09-2006 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:fallleaf:
Prayers for all who lost there lives and for all of their families left behind...
Attachment 14906

ellenmelon 09-09-2006 08:27 AM

This is the 5th anniversary of 9/11. I also remember this day as if it were happening just now. I was watching Regis and Kelly when Dan Rather broke in with pictures of the first WTC bldg in smoke. I called my dh at work and told him about the odd thing and while I was on the phone the second plane came round the sky and building. That's when I said, Oh NO, nothing will ever be the same again. Life as we know it and the fear that this current generation is living with has now been realized.

I think of all the sci fi movies and wars they depict and think we are not so far into the past that those kinds of futures do not await us. If we think we are doing wrong by being at war, keep in mind that this is a most difficult war and difficult time for all, a war that we must develop new ways and methods of fighting. For right now we only know artillery and such, but that also will change. We will get more skilled at fighting these battles of the deceived minds and we will come to know how to fight evil in the hearts of men, perhaps and hopefully without loss of lives and destruction of cultures.

I too keep praying for a resolution to the power struggles and religious fervors that cause man to strike against man. I am thinking across all generations and all times, past present and future.

ajrsmom 09-11-2006 03:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The mood in our house this morning is sad.

We are going to watch the video of the plane crashes on CNN online this morning at 8:30 A.M. EST.

ajrsmom 09-11-2006 03:37 AM

On the 16-acre New York City expanse where the World Trade Center once stood, four moments of silence were planned Monday for 8:46, 9:03, 9:59 and 10:29 a.m., the times when jetliners struck each of the twin towers, and when each tower fell.

complete story

As part of its coverage of the fifth anniversary of 9/11, CNN Pipeline will stream CNN's television coverage of September 11, 2001, in real time, as the events of the day unfolded.
The free replay on Monday will begin at 8:30 a.m. ET, minutes before the first plane hit the World Trade Center in New York.
Monday's live stream of CNN's coverage of 9/11/01 is the first in an occasional series of historical days that CNN Pipeline plans to present.
In addition, CNN.com will offer comprehensive coverage of the anniversary, including a multimedia look at how life has changed since the terrorist attacks in New York, Washington D.C. and Pennsylvania, and stories and images from users on the how the attacks have changed their lives.

Complete story

ajrsmom 09-10-2008 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bumping up in:pray: memory of the tragic events on September 11, 2001 :pray:

Do you remember where you were and what you were doing when this happened?

I will always remember where we were that day....

I was sitting in a waiting room in our local hospital waiting to have tests run on me and my DH and DS were walking around the hospital-my Dh was trying to keep my DS occupied. I overheard some people talking in the backroom and they were saying that a plane had wrecked (a plane from the company my DH works for...and that's what caught my attention). Suddenly my DH came in and said to me "We are leaving now!" and then he filled me in on everything as we were leaving. We watched everything on TV. :( I know that neither one of us will ever forget it.

There are many moving stories and pictures time.com

ajrsmom 09-10-2008 09:14 AM

:( September 11, 2001: Timeline of Terrorism

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/sept112001.html

**printed from infoplease.com