Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Healthy Living > Health & Fitness > Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating Tired of the same old boring snack food? Share ideas here to spice up your low fat snacks and meals!

Old 12-29-2006, 01:15 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

New Year & Healthy Eating?

Anyone else setting some New Year's goals about healthier eating? Would love to share some ideas and recipes. I have been following Weight Watchers and am finally within goal range...only 12 more pounds to go. I believe that healthier eating is important although more challenging these days with all the fast food and frozen conveinences.
Linda
Old 12-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I was on a diet most of last year so that I could look good for a fan club outing (to see Bobby Labonte, the man with me in the picture) and NASCAR races. Since I am in school, stress just makes me want to eat and eat and eat. I am planning to drink more juices though. My resolutions however aren't eating healthier as much as it is to get into graduate school. But, my DD gave me a blender that she got on a infomercial and it is also a juicer. So, I am planning on making some of my own fresh juice.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 12-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

IM always on the lookout for easy healthy recipes as I have a 15 dd who I try to set a good example on eating right. It is sometime hard as she is very actived in differ things so we are on the go alot. She got on dancline at her school this year and they workout alot so that has help her. She is also into karate for the last five years and that helps her stay in shape.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Nell, I am in the same boat. I need to eat healthy, but between working in the research lab, the mental health clinic, my other classes, and my tutoring job, I just don't have time to eat properly. I need ideas for lunches and meals that are quick, easy, and healthy.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I know what you mean! Ds has move out today so now I'll be the one to do all the running with dd,if we wait to eat when we get home on the days we have to go to town than its to late late to eat. So I'm on the lookout for anygood ideas.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Nell, where did he move?

Old 12-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

He moved to town in with some friends of his.He had wanted to find some to share the rent and bills.This is not the first time but the time around did not work out for him. ~its audrey for a short time~hey hey hey guess what here pretty soon im probably gonna get a new account but im trying to come up with a screen name i can live with for a while...anyways just thought i'd let u know that i was gonna get back on soon so yeah...well gotta go mom wants her computer back bye~blows kiss~
Old 12-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Nell, be sure to email me your new addy when you get it. DH settled on Jetboponcho, which is a combination of both the boys' names (chihuahuas) and it was a name we could both live with. I haven't added Bonte and I don't plan to anytime soon. I still just cannot let go of Jet-Bo since his death.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

welll...umm it's not nell's addy it's mine audreys if that helps any and i like your addy so yeah sorry bout the confusion
Old 12-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Audrey, sorry I thought you were your mom and maybe you were staying with your grandma. lol Have fun tomorrow night!