FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Health & Fitness (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/health-fitness/)
-   -   2010 Weight Loss Contest (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/health-fitness/26719-2010-weight-loss-contest.html)

CalGalInFla 01-14-2010 04:53 AM

2010 Weight Loss Contest

Starting 1/18/10, anyone interested in losing the holiday (or pre-holiday) pounds can join this thread. The contest ends 3/08/10.

Here are the guidelines:
1) Each participant must post EACH Monday, to include the start date. (I know Lisa, you can start on Tue... :) This will keep out "cheaters" who come in and post they lost just to win the prize.
2) You do NOT have to state your weight. You can simply state, "I have 13 pounds to lose" and then report in each Monday on your progress.
3) The first person that follows these guidelines and loses ten lbs by 3/08/10 will win a $25 American Express gift card. There might be a runner up prize - we'll see how we all do.

We are here mostly as a support system, as we did with the last contest, so if anyone needs a boost, there are many people here to help you over the rough patches. Instead of late night snacking, post here!

Let's make 2010 our best year yet!

Go forth ladies! Here is to a healthier, and lighter FC!

J~

Please note, that FC recommends that anyone beginning a new diet or excercise program do so under the guidance of a medical professional. FC does not promote or suggest any program.

Good luck to all!

Contest ends 03/08/10
NOTE: Open to U.S. & Canada
Entrants must be 18+

Lislyn66 01-14-2010 05:03 AM

Woohoo! Okay, well, I'll be brave and state my weight on Tuesday. If the Biggest Loser contestants had to weigh in front of their home towns, in spandex no less, I can at least post my weight! I'll go ahead and state that ultimately I need to lose 50 lbs. Might as well get that out now!

Hugs to us all!
Lisa ;treaddd:

CalGalInFla 01-14-2010 05:12 AM

Dear Brave One - Good for you. I am so happy you are our first poster.

We have a few days to stock up on healthy snacks and drag the tennies out from the back of the closet, or drive thru McDonald's and eat 42 Big Macs before we start. Hee hee!

I hope we get lots of replies here today.

J~

bluebird 01-14-2010 06:55 AM

Yes! This sounds like fun!!

Minny 01-14-2010 07:27 AM

Gonna try this again...the first time it didn't post.

Good luck to all. I want to lose 10 lbs but I actually need to lose only about 5 lbs, so I won't enter this one. I'll be here to lend my support for all.

RobertaD 01-14-2010 08:37 AM

I want to lose 30 lbs. at least this year. I figure I'll work on the 30 lbs and see how I feel.

Roberta

ajrsmom 01-14-2010 08:51 AM

I'm in!

I need to lose over 50 lbs but for right now I'm taking it 10 lbs at a time.

I'm 4 days in to my low carb plan.

This Monday coming up will be my weigh in for the first week. :)

Good luck and hopefully everyone will be feeling a little better at the end of this!

happymomof4 01-14-2010 09:26 AM

I am in. I am trying to loss 20 lbs this year. So far for this year. I am gaining instead of lossing. Will see what happens this week.

apricot 01-14-2010 10:01 AM

I need to lose about 50 pounds but think I will work on the first 15 first. I will post on Monday's but it may Monday evening. If I turn the computer on before going to work I end up getting distracted and late to work.

I also have another issue with high cholesterol now and my doctor told me to lose weight if I don't want to take medication so have some motivation from that too.

Good luck to all.

FullCircle365 01-14-2010 10:21 AM

I'm in too! I need to lose a lot of weight, but know I need to take it in small steps. I sure could use the encouragement. I'm looking forward to starting this next week...the first time I have done anything like this!