FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Health & Fitness (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/health-fitness/)
-   -   2010 Weight Loss Contest (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/health-fitness/26719-2010-weight-loss-contest.html)

bunnyboo 01-17-2010 01:56 PM

me too

Well I'll give it a shot. I need to lose over 50lbs also,but I too will take baby steps to keep from getting discouraged.10 to start & hopefully it will be more as the year goes.Here's to us, we can all do it together. I too will be on in the evening after work.
Good luck everyone.:waterm: :exe:

CHADSMOM 01-17-2010 02:15 PM

Okay, I'm game! I actually should lose about 40 lbs. I have my diabetes in good check so now it's time for my weight to be also... We did this at a job nearly 30 yrs. ago, and we had a lot of fun, and were supportive of each other. We were all winners as far as I was concerned... Ten lbs. is a good starting point for me. Mine will probably be a slow go as I recently lost 10 lbs., well since mid November, but I am looking forward to this!:)

Minny 01-17-2010 06:21 PM

You are all winners.. even if you don't lose any at all.. at least you gave it a try! Good luck everyone!

ajrsmom 01-17-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minny
You are all winners.. even if you don't lose any at all.. at least you gave it a try! Good luck everyone!

That was the sweetest thing for you to say, Minny!

:bighug:

Minny 01-18-2010 03:21 AM

Thanks Tami.. I just hope I can help in a small way to encourage those that need to lose weight.

CHADSMOM 01-18-2010 03:57 AM

This begins today, correct? So next Monday we just need to report our loss for the week? **Just want to make sure I am doing this right:) ** I'm ready!

CalGalInFla 01-18-2010 04:26 AM

Today is the day ladies! Here we go! Minny, can you please be our official cheerleader?? You are so kind, helpful & supportive.

EDIT: The docs scale said I am 2 and 1/4 lbs. from my goal. (I feel it needs to be said I lost the bulk of my weight last summer with the help of the gals on the Starting a Fitness Routine thread, and it was very helpful.
Thank you again ladies.....) This checking in and having to report each week is very helpful for me.

I stopped at the market and got lots of healthy dinner "stuff" and F & V's for my folks and I. We are having baked salmon and NO carbs tonite! (I bake my fish in white wine, a small dab of butter, capers and loads of veggies). I just had my green apple and hummus for my snack. Nummy!

I am looking forward to lots of posts here today! :)

J~

PS - Tomorrow starts me back at the gym. I think I told ya'll I got the green lite. Thank goodness. Been 2 months I think?

RobertaD 01-18-2010 05:10 AM

I weighed in at 163 lbs. this morning and I want to lose 30 lbs in a year so I guess that works out to 5 lbs weight loss during this time period.

Roberta

CHADSMOM 01-18-2010 05:13 AM

Here goes with me...well, my info. I am going to put it out there!

My ULTIMATE goal is: 165-170

My Weight just now: 208 (gained 2 lbs somehow!)

So, here I go on my mission... Have a wonderful, healthy day girls and good luck to everyone!

apricot 01-18-2010 10:15 AM

Okay, since some of you are brave I'll post my starting weight too - 195. I'm going to try to lose about 2 pounds a week as recommended by my doc.

Minny, Keeping cheering us on !