FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Health & Fitness (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/health-fitness/)
-   -   2010 Weight Loss Contest (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/health-fitness/26719-2010-weight-loss-contest.html)

apricot 02-23-2010 06:01 PM

J, Do you have Sun Chips there? I like to snack on them when I get a salt attack since they are a little bit healthier than regular chips, also thicker and take longer to chew so I don't eat as many.

We've had back and forth weather too from beautiful spring-like days back to blustery winter days with white blossoms blowing off the trees so that it almost looks like a light snowfall. I walked in the freezing wind yesterday but enjoyed warmer walking weather this morning.

CalGalInFla 02-24-2010 06:47 AM

Roberta - good choice. Apricot, we do have sun chips here but I'm not a big fan. I have to do what I did before and just stop the behavior. It is not good to ingest all of that salt and then go to bed. I did it last nite but I only had about 7 or so instead of chomping down a huge pile.

Good luck everyone.

BTW, do you want to extend the finish date since we are all struggling? Thoughts?

J~

RobertaD 02-24-2010 06:58 AM

Works for me, I don't think anyone has lost more than 2-3 lbs.

Roberta

apricot 02-24-2010 06:57 PM

An extension sounds good to me too.

CHADSMOM 02-25-2010 01:42 AM

Sure, an extension would be of help. I am having a hard time getting out to get any exercise much beings the bweather has been so cold, or either too wet!

happymomof4 02-25-2010 02:35 AM

I went to WW yesterday. I didn't gain or loss anything stayed the same. That is ok at least I didn't gain anything.

Lislyn66 02-25-2010 03:54 AM

Count me in on the extension, pretty please?

I do love Sun chips and it's a toss up between the cheddar or the harvest flavor...great, got me thinking about them. Other than that I'm not much of a chip fan.

And it's my time of the month, yet again, and I'm hungry for anything and everything, puffy, blah!

Lisa
:lep: in remembrance of my dad who passed away on 2/25/07.

apricot 02-25-2010 08:24 PM

Lisa, My favorite Sun Chips are the multigrain but I like all of them. Hope you feel better soon. Was your dad a St. Patty's baby?

We had a baby shower at work today. I brought a gift but didn't go to the potluck so I wouldn't eat all that food. By 3:30 the huge cake was all gone and all that was left were a few tortilla chips, so no temptation left there, ha. I did get up a half hour early and walked 2 miles to a DVD this a.m.

Lislyn66 02-26-2010 05:53 AM

Apricot, no, Dad was an Irishman, lol, mixed with a little Scot for flavor, with a dash of American Indian, and anything else, nobody knows. Good job on not attending the pot luck!

Aunt Flo is in rare form today, so happy I really don't HAVE to do anything today. If she eases her cruel grip I will try to get to the store for a few things to get us thru the rest of the weekend and week.

The only exercising I've done in the past week is moving my son to his new apartment.

Have a great day all.
Lisa

bluebird 02-26-2010 06:02 AM

Yes to the extension!