Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Health & Fitness Want to eat right? Going on a diet? Looking for the right exercise equipment? You'll find it all here, even Weight Loss Journals for those who want them!

Old 09-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Assistant Moderator

Yes I will be paying for the op in total, like a hotel bill lol because I am not in the extra private fund, we figured rather than pay the monthly private fees for something that may be used we would keep money in our bank account to gain interest and use in case of an emergency like this.

The Doc I meet yesterday was the Surgeon that would perform the op, he was most impressed with the almost 1 inch size with not to much discomfort before the other month. Yes the whole gall badder will be coming out with keyhole surgery and 4 small incisions.
He wanted the 19th Oct but that is ds1 birthday so took the 20th.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Nine Year Member

Good luck to you!!!

-John Wooden

Connie

Old 09-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Kathy, that is the kind of surgery I had when i had my gall bladder out and it was a breeze. I had no pain at all, just had to take it a bit easy and not lift much for a week or so. My biggest surprise was having staples for the 4 small incisions. I could not for the life of me figure out how they would get them out but it didn't hurt a bit. Hope your surgery goes really well and that you have a quick recovery.

~Mother Theresa

Old 09-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Nine Year Member

Kathy, I'm just checking in to see how you're feeling? Hugs...
Old 09-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Assistant Moderator

Not so bad thanks Happy.
Having a cholesterol problem I do watch my fat intake although as I'm on tabs probably not as much as I should, I rely on the tabs more than I should. I have been extra careful now that I know fats set off gall upsets so I have given up cheese except for very small portions as I have with other dairy products and so far that has been enough to keep the immediate pain at bay.
I'm going to get a few meals in the freezer over the next week or so, so that I don't have to cook when I come home.
I'm hoping now I just stay well so that the op can go forward.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Nine Year Member

Kathy I take meds for CHOLESTEROL. I'm very bad at explaining things but I'll try. I told my doctor that I never fry foods at home and eat fried foods out only once in a great while. She told me that some people just produce to much cholesterol. In other word she told me it COULD be high even if I ate all the right foods all the time. But she did say to watch my diet, which I try to do. The meds I have been taking for years and my cholestrol reading is always good. I just had a blood test today for diffrent things and I hope it's all good.....
Old 09-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Assistant Moderator

Happy that's pretty much what my Doc said about me and cholesterol but I guess my little extras can't hurt, I've been on cholesterol tabs for about 13yrs now, it's a bummer as dh eats much more fatty foods than me and his cholesterol is perfect! I think the way the Docs read our results is different to the US but basically means the same.

I hope there are no probs for you and your blood tests turnout good.
I swear one time a lady took blood she was sucking fat out my arm LOL wow did I have one heck of a bruise after that one!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

You should NOT take meds for high cholesterol after having your gallbladder removed. You can form liver bile stone which are very serious. This is what happened to my father this year.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Assistant Moderator

That question is on my list now Bluebird. Can you tell me how you know that cholesterol meds are bad after?

It was explained to me that if there are many stones in the gall bladder sometimes one or 2 make their way down the other ducts, as those ducts are like a twisted tube some will get stuck. I was told after the op I would go for another ultrasound to see if there are any bits in those tubes, if there are they would go in through the colon and do something to take them out that way, they do a double check. He said seeing that mine is one biggy that it should be ok but they will still do the double check.
Although gallstones are a calcification build up of 'stuff' it's a pity they can't pin it down to exactly 'what stuff' LOL

Old 09-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

After you lose your gallbladder your body can still form stones in the liver ducts. This will prevent your liver from working normally. There is a warning on the medication, that you are not to take it after having your gallbladder removed. My dad had terrible duct stones and almost died from them. It would have helped if he woudl take care of himself and go to a good doctor. He does neither.