Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Health & Fitness Want to eat right? Going on a diet? Looking for the right exercise equipment? You'll find it all here, even Weight Loss Journals for those who want them!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What are your reasons for losing weight/ getting healthy?

Why do you want to lose weight or get healthier? Let's remind ourselves and encourage each other in our efforts!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:47 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

I want to loss weight to make my clothes fit better. It will also make me feel better about myself. Face it we all can use more exercise.

We as a family are eating healthier. Dh has high trigloricities which we have lowered by eating healthier. I have a daughter that is a runner who needs to eat healthy.

Charlotte
Old 08-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Nine Year Member

As we get older we tend to put on a few extra pounds. Being thinner puts less stress on your body and makes you look better in clothes. Being a border line diabetic I try to not overeat but keep meals interesting. If I didn't like to cook it would be half the battle.
_______
Sueanne

Old 08-07-2009, 04:33 AM
Nine Year Member

I need to lose at least 30 lbs which will help get me off the cholestrol medicine, help with my sleep apnea, and my blood pressure that is creeping up.

Roberta
Old 08-07-2009, 04:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

As Sueanne said, as we get older the lbs creep up on you and mine are around my waist. So it's a continual battle with me I pretty much eat healthy it's just the exersize that gets me down. I also don't walk like I used to, used to walk everywhere when I worked downtown.
Also my clothes fit better when I'm a little fitter.

Last edited by LaurieS; 08-07-2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am not happy in my body right now and would love to lose about 30 pounds. I know it would make my clothes fit better and I know it would help my self image and make me feel better all the way around. I need to find more time to exercise and need to be more careful not about what I eat but about how much. I eat very healthy (lots of fruits and vegetables and low fat dairy products) but I eat portions that are too large I think.

~Mother Theresa

Old 08-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I need to be strong and healthy because I am a caregiver. I have lost the bulk of what I wanted to lose but want to lose 5 more. I just joined a gym and going at 6am does not interfere with my home duties or my full time job. Tomorrow is only visit 3 so I am just starting. My 49th Bday is next month and it is my goal (thanks Pag36) to be a better me by that time.

(I am also going to do something about this hair. I just need an over haul).

Good luck everyone. This is very difficult, for me anyway.

Jodi
Old 08-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My reason for getting healthier is that I want to live longer than what my doctor says I will (I like proving people wrong about "me")... He says I am predestined to live 10 years more if I don't drop at least 100 lbs and walk more - in 10 years I will barely be in my 50's, and my grandparents both lived to be in the 80's & 90's respectively with similar health issues and lack of substantial health care. Then there is my DH, nieces & nephews, friends, and god-children.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 08-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Nine Year Member

I have gained about 30 pounds over the last three to four years, I suppose. It's totally lack of exercise and a nightly glass of wine or beer or two. My job got so busy I was working (yes, desk job) about sixty hours a week (including 8 - 14 at home on weekends.) That, plus a 45 minute drive each way doesn't leave a lot of time for anything. There are no gyms in the town I live in, and when I get done working I just want to get home rather than head to a gym then drive for 45 minutes. I have just purchased an exercise bike / elliptical machine combo so that needs to come in from its box in the shop and get put together and used. Anyone know of any types of exercises that can be done while driving? Also, I have developed a roll between my breasts and waist. Never had that before. Also, "the jiggle" in the under part of the upper arm. I realize some is age related, but I'm not happy with myself. Therefore, I need to do something to fix it. I'm thinking the bike is at least a start. Plus DH and I need to quit smoking. Good luck to all of us.

Last edited by Kell; 08-16-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have gained too much weight the last few years. I need to lose at least thirty pounds. Closer to forty to be honest. I am not working out as much as I should be but I am trying! I have been a caregiver and a mom to my kids for over two decades. It is all about taking care of me now. We have a mini gym in our basement so I have NO reason not to be down there working out. I really do not like my body and that needs to change. I am having health problems too. Losing weight will help with everything. I want a flat tummy again! And show stopper arms.