Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Health & Fitness Want to eat right? Going on a diet? Looking for the right exercise equipment? You'll find it all here, even Weight Loss Journals for those who want them!

Old 06-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Tongue Gotta get walking again!

I have found walking to be the best exercise for me with a bit of biking too. Now that the weather is better "not great" here in central Maine I have to get out and WALK more. I find I sleep better and eat less. I try to do it 4 times a week for about half an hour but really should do it 6 times in the nicer weather.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I need to get walking and working out again!!! Seems I am doing yard work a lot but that isn't enough.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

A friend and I go to the university (where my DH teaches and she attends) to walk at the recreation center. Downstairs they have cardio equipment, gyms, pools, etc, and upstairs, they have an indoor walk/run track. We meet a few days a week before her class and walk the track, either a mile and a half or two miles, whatever we feel like doing that day. We look at it as stress relief and getting our butts moving rather than an outright attempt to lose weight, and so far it seems to be working. We really enjoy it and we've slowly taken off a few pounds apiece.

Our original goal was to work our way up to the cardio machines within about 3 months (we just started this a few weeks ago), but we enjoy talking while walking so much, I don't know what we'll end up doing!
Old 07-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Nine Year Member

About the only exercise I'll do is walking, and it's too hot to walk outside here. So I am getting back on my ancient treadmill. I had gotten into the routine, then it gave up on me, and it sat awhile. DH got it going again, but now I've gotten out of the habit, and I've just gotten back to it. I am already noticing more energy. I'll be happier when the scale shows a difference!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:52 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I just started walking again last week. I was good, I walked every morning and then in the afternoon if I didn't walk again, I did some yard work. Here's my walking buddy
Attached Images

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 07-05-2009, 09:23 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jus testing
Attached Images

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 07-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

One thing I did that has gotten me motivated to walk is I got a dog. We have had him two years now and every morning I get up at 5:30 a.m. and am out walking him by 6 a.m. before work. Since he HAS to go out, I HAVE to walk him. Now it has become so much a part of my morning routine that I miss it if I don't do it. I will admit, though, that I am not up at 5:30 a.m. on the weekends! He gets walked a bit later then. And now that the weather is getting nicer, I will also try to walk him again in the evening.

~Mother Theresa

Old 10-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Walking?? I used to walk for about 2 hours a day. It keeps me fit all the day :D
Old 04-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am still walking my dog every single day rain or shine. This morning I walked in sleet and freezing rain and came home soaked. Not fun. Next weekend I will be doing the MS Walk in Scarborough, Maine - 6 miles. Let's hope I can make it the whole way.

~Mother Theresa