Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Health & Fitness Want to eat right? Going on a diet? Looking for the right exercise equipment? You'll find it all here, even Weight Loss Journals for those who want them!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:47 PM

Happy face

What do you mean by Energy Work? I try to keep busy but can't do alot of exercises because of other health issues. I have osteoporosis in my back which limits alot of movements. I also have poor circulation in my legs which limits walking. I do what I can, but at 68 yrs old, I don't feel up to alot of exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird
Monday we talked about this is class. Energy work is supposed to help.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:45 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I know more about Reiki than other energy works but there are a lot. A lot of massage therapist are energy workers too. This is one group I belong to. You can become a memeber, free, and learn about Reiki.
[email protected] I used Reiki on my daughter's hands yesterday after she mowed. She isn't used to mowing and her hands hurt. She was amazed. I know I am going through a lot of changes since I was attuned Monday. Change is good!
Old 05-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Nine Year Member

Change is good. With me the only reason I want to quit is they are so expensive. I just don't know how I did it the last time cold turkey with two somewhat little one's. But my ex challenged me. And he said mean things, etc. He already quit and I didn't. Oh well. DH is over a year now without smoking and I am still puffing. There are times I hate it, but most tmes I love it. Just putting in my two cents!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 05-31-2009, 07:00 PM

Happy face

Laurie, I did quit once a long time ago.. I got a real bad case of the flu & slept most of the 8 days I was sick, so I quit then, but started back up again.. now it's real hard to quit. I know I have to quit or be like my sister was & one of my brothers is now.. on oxygen 24 hrs a day. I don't want to be like that. That is incentive enough, but it's so darn hard!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Nine Year Member

It is more than hard! I cannot think of getting up in the morning and having my coffee without a cig. I need the coffee but the cig is always there? Like I said I did it before but this time is much more challenging. You know when I hate it the most is when my jeep has been sitting all closed up and I open it and smell that smell.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Nine Year Member

Lauri what about having the car professionally cleaned to get rid of the smell then making a promise to yourself that NOONE is to smoke in the car.

I really think it is all the chemicals that is put in the tobacco that makes it so hard to stop. At least with DH doing the roll your own the smell isn't there from some of the chemicals.

Roberta
Old 06-05-2009, 04:13 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

According to the Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr we have to accept that smoking does absolutly nothing for us...there is no reward in it.
I haven't given up on stopping but am still smoking.I find I do well when I'm not around other people smoking and when cigarettes aren't available to me but for whatever reason something stops me from letting go of them when they are available.Smoking addiction is subtle and nasty.I think the key to kicking it is really understanding the chain reaction caused by the first smoke and digging deep to find out why we keep suffocating ourselves when we don't have to.....wish I had the answer for myself.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

wishing those of you that are smokers the best success in the world to stop the smoking
knowing what John went thru with his smoking habits befoe he had to quite but the aftermath of it. hate to see it with others.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:10 PM

Ahmedsameh, if by the healthy cigarette, you mean those electronic ones, I have one of those, but get no satisfaction from it. It does not have the taste of a cigarette & all I can taste is plastic that it is made from. Some have said they had good success with them, I just haven't had any luck with it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedsameh View Post
you can use the healthy cigarette it is very nice
Old 09-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I feel for you. I quit 29 years ago last month, and I still remember my last cigarette fondly. I had surgery and was on morphine, so that is how I quit, but it was hard afterwards as I was over 2 packs (50) a day! I did so love smoking, but it didn't like me. My hubby quit 2 1/2 years ago. A year (almost exactly) after he quit, he had a heart attack at work. Smoking blocked the arteries to his heart and it almost killed him. We had no idea it did this!
I used to take a menthol cigarette and not light it. It felt goooood. I also kept the last cig in the package, and when I feel I want to start, that is the one I have to light up first.
I wish you well, and strength. It is so hard, but so worth it when it happens.

Don't get your knickers in a knot It makes you walk funny!