Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Health & Fitness Want to eat right? Going on a diet? Looking for the right exercise equipment? You'll find it all here, even Weight Loss Journals for those who want them!

View Poll Results: Do you have a special routine that you use to maintain a healthy lifestyle?
Yes, I have a daily routine that works well for me 14 45.16%
No, I don't have time for a routine 5 16.13%
I'm currently looking for new ideas 10 32.26%
I've tried many different things but haven't found any that works 3 9.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
I too, like Sueanne, begin my meals with soup. Bean soup is an excellent choice and a cup is plenty.
I recently added Tart Cherry Concentrate to my diet..2Tablespoons a day, mixed in water.I buy it at a health food store. This helps with arthritis, inflammation, etc. I like it.

PS. Even if you do all the right things, that does not prevent diseases. I will be having total knee replacement surgery on Sept 8. then in 6months, I will have the other done.
janet...Have been thinking about you. Everyone I know that had knee replacement was happy with the results.
Good idea about the cherry concentrate. I take pomegrante concentrate from the health food store and mix with water have seen amazing results with mammograms changes.

Always tell my Dh the same thing about diseases they creep up on you no matter what we do right. I am sure it helps though?

Sept is a good time to have surgeries not to hot or humid.
Take care of yourself.
_______
Sueanne

Old 08-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I don't have a set time for my exercises...I squeeze one of them in when I can, except for the stairs, which I do 14 daily and a minumum of three times a day. Otherwise I have lowered my carbohydrate intake to a maximum of 50 carbs per item, and I am working on lowering the amount of cvalories I take in untill my exercises improve (from like light activity to moderate). When I was in college (2004 - 2007) for a few semesters I took Yoga classes - I really miss those classes now, but I try to do some of the exercises still... One is flex/extend my ankles - this works the ankles, the calves, and the knees (your thighs and butt muscles if you're lucky), eye exercises - Slowly rotate your eyes L/R, U/D, Diagonally/ corner - corner, and clockwise/counter clockwise (gently message eylid afterwards), breathing exercises - deep in, hold, slow release (gently press on one side of the nostral opening and repeat), arm/leg circles (just like it sounds, but slowly) - forward/backwards, back/hip stretch - lay on floor, arms out (t formation), gently bend your knees up, slowly bring up to your chest, and slowly rest them to either side of you hold for a count of 3, bring back to your chest, and repeat with opposite side. After bringing knees back to your chest, slowly lower feet back to floor (repeat as needed), and lastly deadman's pose - lay as flat to the floor as possible, legs out (V formation), arms out (- formation) back of head firmly resting on floor, close eyes and invission your favorite place, the people you enjoy being there with you, the type of weather you enjoy occurring... keep your eyes close, continue the slow deep breaths. Don't be surprised if its 15 minutes to an hour or longer when you wake up... depending on the stressors your mind has been coping with and/or any illness (includes sore/bruised muscles/bones) will depend on the amount of rest your body gets afterwards.
**** Note: Check with your doctor(s) before attempting any YOGA exercises. **** Just encase you need to alter how / when you do them. This is so important for people with back / joint issues, as we need to use body / neck pillows and or have someone supervise us.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 08-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Assistant Moderator

I have tried to get on track with excerse but not getting far! Well, I am walking every night. I want to increase my workouts. I am cleaning up the basement this weekend so I will have room to excerse!
Old 08-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hello Sueanne,

I used to drink pomegrante concentrate too, till I read a report where Lipitor was not good to take while drinking this concentrate.

THey always keep us searching for answers, don't they?

Do you keep up with Blondie?

Hugs, janet
Old 08-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
Hello Sueanne,

I used to drink pomegrante concentrate too, till I read a report where Lipitor was not good to take while drinking this concentrate.
Do you keep up with Blondie?

Hugs, janet
I only take one tablespoon with a glass of water. Try to take it in the afternoon. Take the vytorin before bedtime. Today they have something bad to say even about vytorin.
I have been thinking of sending her an email especially with the bad weather they have had in her area. Have you heard from her?
Will write you if I get an email back from her.
Take care of yourself.
_____
Sueanne

Old 08-23-2008, 04:32 AM
Mystery Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Exercise is good for the body and soul

To return to the Guess Who Game or learn how to play this fun game click here!

Who is our Mystery Guest this week? Take a guess!
click here to submit your guess!
Please remember to submit only one guess per day. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2008, 05:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Sueanne, I know Blondie had trouble getting on here at FC and not sure what the problem was.

I do get an email from her every once in awhile..I am not sure how often she checks her emails.

She is still staying busy with her gardening, and thinking about flowering bushes instead of plants.

I will send her an email today and will let you know when I hear back.

Hugs, Janet
Old 08-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I stick to a routine or a schedule all the time,,with out it I am just not myself,,
I do everything on schedule or it is my routine every day.. when I sleep, eat, exercise , shop etc..and when or if I stray off my routine in any way I just feel crappy,,so for me I do exercise regularly and do everything on schedule.. it is what works for me...
Old 08-25-2008, 04:08 AM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylee
I stick to a routine or a schedule all the time,,with out it I am just not myself,,
I do everything on schedule or it is my routine every day.. when I sleep, eat, exercise , shop
Cindylee.....My Dh does the same thing being a Diabetic for over forty years. He has a schedule all day that he keeps on. Hate when we are out and we have to go home for lunch since he never eats away from home. He does bring a snack in case we get tied up at a doctors office longer than expected.

I am opposite than him don't like a routine garden what ever time I feel more energetic and get more done than if it was planned.

As you get older your routines change.

I do subscribe to health magazine that interest both of us. Been doing it for over thirty years. Dh has learned alot reading about Diabetes and what is best for him. At his age he looks and feels good.

Being opposites in our nature has kept our lives in balance.
_______
Sueanne

Old 08-25-2008, 05:52 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yes..routine works for me,,LOL my daughters were all brought up on routines and schedules so they find they are doing the same now too,,and are happy for it...
So it can be a really good thing all the way around