Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Health & Fitness Want to eat right? Going on a diet? Looking for the right exercise equipment? You'll find it all here, even Weight Loss Journals for those who want them!

Old 08-16-2008, 05:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I just have to say this out loud "Bread is my enemy".

I love bread but it only takes a week of eating too much of it to mess me up plus I may as well put bread slices on my hips cause that's were it ends up.

I used to real good about exersizing every day. But it's been a very long time since I have been that disciplined. Something always comes up or maybe that's just an excuse!

I used to do Denise Austin everyday on TV, she had 2 exersize programs back to back that I would do. But she has taken a break and won't be back till sometime this fall.

I have lots of tapes/dvds just not much motivation.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm with ya Laurie! I love bread, would have sandwiches every day, every meal and be happy! I've cut back on the bread and when I eat it I eat the whole wheat but still!

My motivation dwindles more and more the later it gets in the day. I get up before everyone, I should do it then, just can't kick my butt to do it!

Gonna work on that and get up a little earlier and do some sort of exercise, I know it's good to kick start your day anyway.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Quote:
What I really like about Quick Blast Total Body Calorie Blast is that you combine aerobics/toning intervals, yoga, Pilates and ab toning on one DVD. It's a total body workout you can do in a minimal amount of time.
Are the movements fairly easy? I've had bad experiences with aerobics in a gym where the trainer pushed everybody to keep going even when it hurt. And the pilates and some yoga that I tried was just too difficult and not fun. The yoga was supposed to be for beginners but most movements were too hard for me. I do have an exercise ball and do like that.

First thing in the morning is the best time for me to exercise when it is just me and the cats. They sort of exercise with me in their own way, lol.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Mystery Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm not very good at exercise routines...

To return to the Guess Who Game or learn how to play this fun game click here!

Who is our Mystery Guest this week? Take a guess!
click here to submit your guess!
Please remember to submit only one guess per day. Thanks!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

bump
Old 09-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I didn't do as well as I wanted over the summer. I am walking 1 to 2 miles a day, have kept off 15 pounds and I am healthier. I can mow the lawn without feeling like I will die. lol I didn't met my goal but I am still in the race.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Bluebird, Glad you're still here. Congrats on keeping 15 pounds off!

My weight has gone up and down a lot over the summer. When the temp was 112 it was just too hot to exercise even in the house and then after that I pulled something in my neck. I've only kept off 5 pounds but that has been stable for quite awhile so hopefully it will go on the downward trend now that the weather has cooled down a bit.

Last edited by apricot; 09-30-2008 at 03:54 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Nine Year Member

Just received "The Safe Exercise Workout" and stretchy bands, in the mail. This was a freebie item, not sure if someone here at FC told me about it or if one of my friends sent it to me.

Anyways, I am going to pre-view it Wednesday afternoon and if I like it, I am going to add it to my daily "TO DO LIST". I have been scheduling some type of activity. If I don't work out, I make myself park farther away from work, store, school, etc. so I can have more steps in my day.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Bernice, Let us know how you like the stretchy bands. I have a 10-minute dance DVD that came with stretchy bands and has a couple of stretching routines that just use the bands, which I really like.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Nine Year Member

[quote=apricot]Bernice, Let us know how you like the stretchy bands. I have a 10-minute dance DVD that came with stretchy bands and has a couple of stretching routines that just use the bands, which I really like.[/quote]Never thought those stretchy bands would do anything, but boy was I wrong. Either that or I majorly over did it. I am just walking this week, waiting for my muscles not to hurt as much . Before I go back to the workout.