Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Health & Fitness Want to eat right? Going on a diet? Looking for the right exercise equipment? You'll find it all here, even Weight Loss Journals for those who want them!

Old 07-14-2008, 04:31 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks for all the tips.I do pretty good working out when I am at the ymca.I have my youngest who loves to swim there,staying busy in my garden,taking the dog for walks when it is cool enough and just trying to stay busy.I still buy the junk food and try to watch the servings of what I eat of that.The sunchips are pretty yummy too,.
Mish
Old 07-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow, this was good reading! Very motivational. Tracy, you have permission to kick start me into moving it! I'm not a big veggie lover but make myself eat the peas, corn, green beans type of stuff. I have tried to eat salads, nope, not even with dressing that is calorie laden, can't do it. I had dropped the soda habit, then picked it back up so now I'm back to trying to kick it again.

My baby is 9, can't blame her! I have to take responsibility for my own actions. I even have a gym membership, $25 a week, lately my dd1 age 16 is using it more than me! I am going to start going with her again. I've gained in the middle which is one of the worst places per the medical profession. My target is 50 lbs, I could even go 65 but I'm sticking to 50 now.

Just wanted to chime in here and get subbed I guess. I want to be healthy for my kids and future grandkids, and most of all, me!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Dd and I bought yoga booty ballet and hip hop abs. Now I need to make myself find time to work out. These really look fun.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Amanda and Barb,

I recently purchased the Firm Transfirmation set on eBay (for almost half of the retail price. ) The set came in a case with adjustable hand weights and 5 workout DVD's The nice thing about the DVD's is they have a shorter version of the workout on each one, which is perfect for beginners or on a day where you don't have a lot of time. I have found them to be really effective at burning fat and reshaping muscles. I started out slow, doing the shorter workouts and worked up to the longer ones.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hello lifeandstyleforless!

I tried the firm years ago but couldn't get thru them. I was having medical problems at the time.

This Julys Fitness magazine is awesome! There is a 4 week zone plan that I am trying. I am so busy right now, I need something planned out for me. For cardio I will swim in the mornings. I didn't this morning since I had to mow the lawn.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:01 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Yes, The Firm have some great tapes. It's all about consistancy, exercising on most days of the week. Interval circuit training is the best for weight loss, especially for women who are short on time. The reason being is that the combination of weight training and cardio will allow your body to build muscle mass increasing your metabolism burning fat!
I have some great new videos called THE 6 MINUTE QUICK BLAST CALORIE BURNER AND FAT BLAST which combine circuit training and Pilates for the core. You can check them out on Amazon.com and see the reviews from the women that have lost weight with them.
Would love to hear from any women who have tried them and are getting results.
Remeber every step will get you closer to the big picture so don't just blow off a few minutes of exercise, work hard and make the most of it!!
Old 08-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Tracey,

I like to use DVD's at home on those days when I can't get out to the gym. I just ordered one of your DVD's from Amazon.com. I'm looking forward to trying it!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Tracey's DVD, Total Body Calorie Blast, arrived. My daughter and I tried it out today. We both love it! I highly recommend it and plan on writing about it in an upcoming blog on our website.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:14 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you!

So glad you enjoyed them! The workouts are so great when you just only have little time to workout. I appreciate you taking the time to let other know about the DVD's.

Talk soon!

Tracey
Old 08-16-2008, 05:21 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyMallett
So glad you enjoyed them! The workouts are so great when you just only have little time to workout. I appreciate you taking the time to let other know about the DVD's.
As a self-employed, homeschooling mom, I don't have much time for exercising. What I really like about Quick Blast Total Body Calorie Blast is that you combine aerobics/toning intervals, yoga, Pilates and ab toning on one DVD. It's a total body workout you can do in a minimal amount of time.

Quick Blast Total Body Fat Burner looks interesting, too. I already have a stability ball, so I think I am going to order it.