Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Health & Fitness Want to eat right? Going on a diet? Looking for the right exercise equipment? You'll find it all here, even Weight Loss Journals for those who want them!

Old 06-19-2008, 05:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Amanda, you can get small hand weights in Target for a couple of dollars. I think 2-lb weights were 2 for $5.

I have tried cans but I have small hands, so if the can was big enough to be heavy enough, it was hard for me to grip!

You know what might be good, those 1-liter water bottles. Fill those with water or sand.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:15 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Amanda you might post of freecycle for weights. You never know.

As for fake sugar, I will not use anything with spenda or nutrasweet. I have done the research and choose not to use it. I do cheat and have a diet pepsi sometimes. When I research an item, I read what the experts say in the US and in Europe.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:30 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks so much for the tips.You also need to find something that you enjoy doing too.
Mish
Old 06-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

The most water that I've been able to drink in a day is 5 glasses. Plain water also doesn't seem to quence my thirst and then I end up wanting something sweet.

I've tried all types of exercise videos and finally found one with a 5-pound ball that came with a DVD workup. I really like it because it only takes 20 minutes to do a full body workout and I don't feel exhausted like I did with some of the other exercises that I tried and I've stuck with this the longest.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:56 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

The key is to find something that you enjoy. Sounds like you have found a video that works for you and if you're seeing results then this is a good reason to stick with it. Time is always an issue with a family this is why I wrote Sexy in 6 and the Quick Blast video's as they're only 6 minute blasts to fit in to your lifestyle.
As far as weights you can try filling water bottles with sand. However, you will need to find bottles that are can be easily held without straining your hands. Let me know how it works? Big 5 Sporting retail outlets have preety in-expensive weights.
Crystal light is a nice change from water but I think you should also drink just plain water otherwise you will never cure your sweet tooth if you keep feeding yourself sugar. (obvioulsy this is your best choice and where you should be getting the majority of hydration from and it's free!) I had a few of my clients go completely without sugar for a few weeks then slowly introduced it back in to their diet. They couldn't believe how sweet sugar was after the short break and has helped them cut their sugar intake in by half. It's amazing how much sugar is in our food and we don't realize it.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:28 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Tracey,
Thanks for the information on the sugar.Nevre relaized how much harm it can do but I have cut back on the choclate.I know that alot of foods have it in there too,which of course makes it just as hard too.
Mish
Old 06-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Assistant Moderator

I go to curves 3 to 4 times a week early morning but am known to dance around the house during the day, the kids think I'm a bit nuts but it makes me feel better just by the short spurt of activity.
I still have that baby belly it doesn't worry me like it used to, maybe that's just the, I'm over 40, and am not as worried about body image as I used to be. Not to say I don't like to feel good about myself.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have managed to get to the gym three times this week! I'm so proud of myself. When I'm there, I tend to focus on the weight circuit machines and then do 20-30 minutes of cardio. I figure I can walk or ride my bike at home, but I don't have the weight equipment here. Plus, I really enjoy doing the weights so much more than a treadmill or stationary bike.

Kathy
Old 06-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Nine Year Member

I can find a million things to do, instead of exercises. I have put more activities in my routine, so I don't feel like I am exercising. I cut the sodas and went way down on the sweet tea and drink more water. I park the farthest from the door and walk whenever I can.

What is another way to get healthier?
Old 06-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

To maybe try going for walk too.If you can make sure you have a good balance of fruits,veggies,meats and protiens and carbs too.
Mish