Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Health & Fitness Want to eat right? Going on a diet? Looking for the right exercise equipment? You'll find it all here, even Weight Loss Journals for those who want them!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Am I The Crazy Person???

Hey Connie - if I am the crazy person, my Mom SWEARS that if you have had children, your boobs will NOT shrink no matter how much weight you lose. I have not had any so mine did shrink. I lost over 30 lbs and I went down 2 cup sizes. YAHOOO! And no sagging of yet, so another Yahoo! (Does anyone subscribe to Mom's theory???).

Hi Patti. I have been back since Monday but have not had a minute to get on here. My lap top did NOT work at sister's house. I was in Sturgeon Bay and spent a day in Egg Harbor and Fish Creek. If anyone can go there - do it. Its LOVELY!

Ok so the contest is ON. Just so this is neat and clean, let's start on Monday morning, 01/18/2010. Everyone interested can post whatever they want (weight, amount to lose or whatever feels comfortable.) and we will do Monday check-ins. The end date will be after I get back from Los Angeles 3/8/2010. That gives us 7 weeks for one of us to lose 10 and win the prize. How does that sound gals???

The race is on!!!!! Now I must find something in the freezer and get the contests back in order. EEK!

Big Hugs everyone!

Jodi
Old 01-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sounds like a plan! I will be at the church camp Monday but I'll weigh in Tuesday morning! I figure one of these times a contest might actually give me incentive, more than I already think I have!

I subscribe to your mom's theory as well. Ever since I've had my kids, the boobs have been the same. But then I've not lost a lot of weight since the last 2 sooooo....one of these days maybe I'll be able to figure out that theory! Although I don't mind mine, lol!

Hugs all, I'm off to mop my kitchen floor.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:37 AM

Happy face

Good luck to all entrants!

Have to laugh at Jodi's answer to the boob question!! Well I have to say I've had 5 kids & my boobs only got bigger while I was pregnant.. I went from a 32AA to a 34A, so I didn't have any to lose LOL. I was only 90 lbs when I got pregnant so I was tickled to gain some.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Assistant Moderator

I don't agree with your mom! I went to a DD while pregnant but was able to lose weight and get back into a C cup. Sometimes a large B would work. My Gs are getting big on me so I am very hopeful! If not hi ho hi ho it's off to doctor I go! I planned to have a breast reduction in Febr or March. Since we have moved I need to put it off for a while.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well let's hope your loss will shrink those mamms!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you Connie.

Back to my contests. I am about to announce some winners.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalGalInFla
Hey Connie - if I am the crazy person, my Mom SWEARS that if you have had children, your boobs will NOT shrink no matter how much weight you lose.
I am living proof that if you lose weight after having kids, your boobs can shrink. It took a good deal of weight loss (over 25 lbs) before I could see any real difference but it does happen. All of my bras fit much bettter -- not only band size but in the cups as well. (after having 2 kids)

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

New Thread Within Forum

Hey All -

Tami suggested that I start a new thread inside this forum. I think that is a good idea so I will do that tomorrow after I finish my contests. I just wanted everyone to know I am doing this.

Stand by to stand by.....
Old 01-14-2010, 04:55 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Link to Weight Loss Contest Thread

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...tml#post974024

J~
Old 01-14-2010, 06:55 AM
Assistant Moderator

I made it to the six am yoga class today! I took a tap/jazz dance class last night. I am down.... five pounds!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just finished my Namaste yoga that I'd recorded. Takes my knees half the recording to cooperate, lol, but am thinking that once I get some weight off the knees will cooperate better!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.