Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Health & Fitness Want to eat right? Going on a diet? Looking for the right exercise equipment? You'll find it all here, even Weight Loss Journals for those who want them!

Old 09-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Calorie Counters!

I'm hoping to connect with some others that are counting calories to lose weight! I lost 30 lbs last year by counting calories and walking every night.. and starting tomorrow, I will be doing it again! If there isn't one already, maybe this thread could be used for sharing Calorie Counting Tips and other useful ideas for losing weight!
Old 09-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Assistant Moderator

I count kilojules, last year I lost 10kilos this way.
I try to count to keep to 4500per day (1125 calories, I think) I know I'm not always perfect but I stick close. Still keeping it off.
I find making my own food from scratch a big help and keeping away from the pre packaged/prepared food and drink.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy face

I'm a calorie-counter and walker/runner, too. I don't write down every bite that I eat, but I watch portions and try to eat healthy. I'm a vegetarian, so I have to be careful not to fill myself up with too many carbs. I also walk/jog 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles in the evening. I hope to one day be able to jog the entire 3 mile route, but I have a long way to go. At the moment, I jog 7 sets of 4 minutes each, and walk the remainder.

I started dieting and walking about 18 months ago. I've lost nearly 30 pounds, but I would like to lose about 10 more.

Good luck!
Old 09-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

i want in on this..im trying to eat healthyer..and i just started walking at the park today..i hope to keep it up tho.

have a good day.
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 09-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thumbs up

Good for you, Ericka! Eating better and taking small walks is the perfect way to go!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Assistant Moderator

Curves is my thing, I'm there at 6am 4 mornings a week. I find if I'm not there first up I tend not to get around to it.

I do like a treat at the end of the day so if I've done well I have that bowl (small one) of ice cream!