Anyone With Eye Problems?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Thanks For Your Prayers
    Went to the Doctor this afternoon. Was glad they were able to take me at another office 25 miles away. He said he saw no damage even took an ultrasound picture. A blood vessel had hemoraged causing me to see blood in the eye. Had a bad headache last night was worried. I felt relieved & thankful when he said not to worry. By the time I got there most of it was gone. Isn't that always the way. Always feel better safe than sorry. Thanks for your concern & prayers. Nice to know you have a place to tell your worries. Sueanne
  • Sueanne--so GLAD everything is Ok!!

Keep us posted!

Debbie
  • New Glasses
    Thanks Debbie...... Went back this morning to my local office to get my eye checked for new glasses. Thinking about having a Sclera Shell put over my bad eye. They match your other eye same color and help shape the eye due from shrinkage. At this point I am seriously considering it. Time to make the necessary decisions since the eye is still holding pressure. Will get new glasses this week with different color tint to give me a mental lift. Thanks to all, Sueanne

• Sueanne--

So sorry to read about your eye problems. I hope things are better for you, and take care of your good eye.

Back in 1985 I was told by an optometrist that there was a lesion a quarter of an inch away from the retina in my right eye, and he sent me to an ophthalmologist in Orlando. I had been told that if the lesion reached the retina, I'd end up with macular degeneration which leaves one with only peripheral vision in the eye.

The dr' in Orlando told me to take 50 mg. of zinc once a day for the rest of my life, and a multivitamin tablet with B once a day for the rest of my life. I have done so, and some few years ago I was told by an optometrist, when getting checked for new glasses that the lesion has healed. Another one told me it was unusual to have the condition in only one eye. The cause is unknown, and there is no cure for macular degeneration.

I believe, though, that it may have been caused by my six summers in Michigan in the 1960s baking in the sun on a beach without eye protection. I never have had an injury to my eyes, and cooking in the hot sun from 8 or so in the morning until 5 in the evening is the only thing I can think of as a possible cause. --I HAD to have a tan, and I sure did, to the point of going through chills, and sweats when I got home, and the next day I was right back out there for more! And another thing in these later years--I have had pre-cancerous lesions frozen off my face, plus a basal cell sarcoma removed from my left temple just two years ago.