Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

View Poll Results: Do you suffer from allergies and/or sinus problems?
yes, allergies 5 26.32%
yes, sinus problems 0 0%
Suffer from both 12 63.16%
No, not me 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2007, 06:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Do you suffer from allergies and/or sinus problems

Oh, My aching head! If you are like me, You are feeling pretty awful this time of year. Stuffy nose, aching head from allergies and sinus problems.

What do you do to make yourself feel better? Medicines? Home remedies?

Here's to feeling perky again!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tami I have awful enviromental allergies along with some others. I am bad all year round but the worst is from April to October. I am taking allergy shots and they are helping a little bit....I have not had to use the eye drops as much so far this season but I am still stuffy. I take Nasonex twice daily, a double the max dose of reactine, livostan and a few others as needed.

I always am stuffy and get major headaches from them. Does not help that the trees I am allergic to are popular in Ontario.

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 06-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I have allergies to dog hair,cat hair,pollen,perfume,grass,strawberries...I stay clear of anything that will set my allergies off...my dog does not shed or have dander but my daughter has 2 cats and I couldn't even go into her house...

I take Extra Strength Reactine...I also use an inhaler when I need to...
Old 06-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have severe allergies, especially here in NM. When I moved to Las Cruces, I took unpasteurized, locally made honey (1-2 tablespoons daily). It cured my allergies because they were from whatever plants were blooming. That did the trick there and I rarely had to take allergy meds.

However, here in Carlsbad, I cannot get locally made honey, much less the unpasteurized type. So, I live on allergy meds daily.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 06-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have allergies all year but am worse from April to Oct. I am on Allergia 180 , nasocort Pulmicort 2*a day and then another inhaler as needed. I also us Musinex to help clear up the mucus. This year has been really bad I had to up the Musinex to 2 2* a day to help with the whizzing.One thing I have learned it to put the air on early and leave it on. This helps control the dust, pollen and moisture in the house.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
You name it and it bothers. Central Air helps bunches because it filters out the pollen, dander, dust, etc. Along with Allegra, flonase.singular,advair plus steroid shots 3 times a year.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBora43
I have severe allergies, especially here in NM. When I moved to Las Cruces, I took unpasteurized, locally made honey (1-2 tablespoons daily). It cured my allergies because they were from whatever plants were blooming. That did the trick there and I rarely had to take allergy meds.

However, here in Carlsbad, I cannot get locally made honey, much less the unpasteurized type. So, I live on allergy meds daily.
When we first moved to Kernersville NC before moving here, my husband worked with a guy who said that he and his wife used to suffer from allergies so badly when they lived in Pa but when they moved to NC, they felt remarkably better due to the fact that they lived next door to a bee/honey (farm? is that what you call it??) I had never heard this before.

When we moved here last year, I didn't suffer nearly as bad as this year has been already. I am also allergic to certain cat dander.....and I am starting to think that our new kitty might have one of those types because usually, I am fine once I can get indoors into air conditioning. The last few days, though, have still been rough inside our home. I am hoping that this will pass.

Big hugs to everyone who is suffering alongside me!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-23-2007, 02:05 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

I'm allergic to many things. Certain foods cause intense intching.
Pet hairs/dander cause swollen eye lids and nasal passages.
My doctor said probably pollens too.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I can't be around cats--my eyes and face start to itch, then I start coughing and it feels like my throat will close up.

Certain very hairy dogs also cause my allergies to flare, as well as things with heavy fragrance (like candles, air fresheners and those "Plug In" oil air fresheners.) If I am in someone's house who has those, I have to ask them to remove it.

I take Singulair for allergies and asthma year-round. That is taken at night. If I wake up feeling congested, my doctor told me to take a Tylenol Sinus or something of that sort. I stock up on Excedrin Sinus; usually one in the morning is enough to get me through the day.

Mucinex is great when I start getting stuffed up because it helps with the cough that goes with it.

AND I've got 2 inhalers "as needed."
Old 06-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Do you suffer from allergies and/or sinus problems

Do you suffer from allergies and/or sinus problems...

Yes, both and then I have to go to doctors for meds.. to help with it.....