Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 11-11-2002, 06:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

WOW, I didn't realize so many people had IBS. Janey, do you take any medication for it? The doctor put me on DICYCLOMINE 3 times a day (15 min before each meal). He also put me on 2 Fiber Con once a day. It has been a miracle drug for me. I can now go out to eat, and be away from home. I have a life now. Before I could hardly leave home, and that got to be old!! I am still drinking my coffee though, and so far no problems. I will try and stay focused tho, in case I start having problems. (I hope I don't because I LOVE MY COFFEE ) I have noticed that sugar & chocolate are not agreeing with me, so will start writing things down. Thanks for your help. Cafe
Old 06-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have had IBS for years.
For anyone else that has this, have you found that a bland diet helps you?
It does for me but I find I can never stick to it and go back to my sodas and junk food.
I can only eat so much cream of wheat..........

What tames your tummy?

hugs,train
Old 06-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Train

I have had IBS for years too and I try and watch what I eat....partly because I have a hiatus hernia also. I take meds for the hernia which help but lately I have had a terrible time with the IBS. I am getting cramps so bad that I am almost passed out in pain. They gave me some meds but all it does is prolong the inevitable. I am trying to stay on a fibre rich diet but even that does not help all the time. Wish there was an answer!!!!

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 06-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I know, Debbie.
It is so frustrating. Sometimes I just think if I didn't eat at all, then my stomach wouldn't hurt.

Besides the IBS, my doctor is advising me for other health reasons too, to start taking better care of my health.....ie exercising and eating better. You know how I just go in circles with this though and cannot keep motivated no matter how hard I try.

Hope your cramps get better.

hugs,train
Old 12-17-2005, 10:44 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

I was diagnosed with IBS back in March. I was given Zelnorm and it works pretty well...sometimes too well! I hate all the fiber powders and most of the foods so the zelnorm helps keep things going.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I took zelnorm and it didn't do anything. I changed my diet...exercise and drink all natural fruit juices, green or white tea and also take natrun's healthy trinity every other day. Probiotics really help. You can find them in yogurt (without fruit), and keifer.

Become a Secret Sister!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Assistant Moderator

I've never been diagonse with IBS, but I do know I do not have a proper enzyme that breaks up my food, and from what my kid's step mom goes thur and what I've read here I got the signs.. and I know I go thru alot of pain with it does it flair up..
Old 02-12-2006, 08:30 AM
Nine Year Member

Fermented milk products like plain yogurt and kefir will help, along with a high fiber diet (easiest to get with beans and grains like oatmeal and barley), but first make sure it is IBS and not a food allergy or hormonal changes.

It is easier now to get whole grains with the new food movements and products available in stores and fast food places.

Sugar and fats are irritants. Cut down, don't cut out...

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."