Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 05-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Assistant Moderator

My ex husband was one of the first cases, and the dr that he had wrote alot of medical reports from his cases.. AS the dr said he was one of the 1st one, that was back about 45 or so and give yrs.

main thing you got to follow the dr directions or you will have flair up on and off.
He had alot of inntestinal tooken out, but whe he eats to much of things with seeds, or not the right kind of meats, or not cooked the right way he will have a flair up.

I know I wanted to kow alot of information about it, but his parents just sort of passed it off and woldn't talk about it.

I watch hm go thru alot of stomach problems due to it. I know I tryed cooking the foods he suppose to eat, and had trouble with that for Iwasnt' told alot.
so find out as much as you can to give yourself peace of mind.

I hope all goes well

Joy, sorry to hear of yoru fil passing away.
Prayers are with you.

Last edited by bar_bar; 05-02-2007 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

First of all, my condolences on the passing of your FIL.
Hugs to you.
Joy, this will not relate to your hubby at all, it's more an FYI.
My endometriosis was misdiagnosed as Crohns disease back in the 1980s. I had a lot of intestines tangled up, too, that sort of thing and was put on medications (which obviously didn't help) I am still very food sensitive. It wasn't until Mark and i started infertility treatments in the 1990s that I was correctly diagnosed.

I have friend who does have this and his was helped tremendously by diet.
I wish you hubby all the best.

hugs, train
Old 05-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Dear Joy -

My deepest sympathy on the death of your FIL.

I think all the posts basically have been saying the same things. You have to learn to manage your life so that you don't have flares. If stress is a contributor, your DH will need to learn to manage the stress. If foods are a contributor, he will need to learn to manage his diet. If autoimmune disease is the contributor, then he will have to learn to manage that. It requires a balance. The same goes for any chronic disease. Some are more devastating than others. Some people manage conditions really well that would be totally devastating to others. I know many people say they don't know how my aunt deals with severe diabetes and parkinson's yet is still driving all over the place, going places, doing things, at the age of 76! I couldn't do it! But she tells me she couldn't deal with my problems. I certainly couldn't deal well with diabetes, that's for sure!

So, I hope your DH learns to handle his condition well and without too much hassle.

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
~*~ The Hummingbird symbolizes tireless joy & the nectar of life. It creates an internal massage, restoring health and balance. ~*~
~*~ Unknown ~*~
Old 05-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

The Dr's appt. on Friday answered some questions and left us with more.
CD is very hard to diagnoise according to Dr. the only way to be 100% sure that someone has CD and not Ulcerated Colitis, Inflammatory Bowel or something else is if you do a cross section of the colon.
DH seem to have symtoms that point to a mild case of CD at this time, but as the Dr said--"It can quack like a duck, walk like a duck and still be a turkey"
Right now he has put DH on medication and given him a diet to follow. We will go back in 2 months to see if that is working.
One of the big dietary changes is no dairy products except aged cheese and yogurt. This will probably be the hardest on DH.
Now I am searching the net for recipes that will work well on his diet.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

You might ask the MD if adding lactase to milk will make it digestible for your DH. There are several brands of milk around the country that are for people who are lactose-intolerant, and might be acceptable, also, for your DH.

Other products that might be helpful include Danactiv and Activia. Again, ask your DHs doctor about them. All of these products fall under the heading of dairy products which have been altered by the action of one of the lactobacilli species (like yoghurt), thus may be acceptable.

Help him keep his spirits up. I'm finding more and more that laughter and a positive attitude go a very long way to feeling better - at least it helps me a lot with the fibro, fatigue and RA!

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

~*~ Murphy's Lesser-Known Laws ~*~
~*~ 8. The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room. ~*~