Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.80 average.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:01 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Isn't that just the case Val. People who are undeserving really know how to play the system and the rest of us who have worked and are honest and are now struggling with FM have to learn these rules and which hoops will get the farthest. It's a hard game to learn.

Rosindubh, boy I sure hate to hear that you are in such pain! but Val, is right, there are laws to protect you if you make good faith efforts to pay on your debts, even if it is only $5.00/month. We learned the hard way! If you don't makes the efforts and pay diligently, they are not sympathetic and will haul your case before court for a judgement and garnish wages. We are not there yet, but I'm learning about an old ER bill that I ignored. It's hard to face the medical bills piling up, but do not ignore them. make contact, tell them what you are willing and able to do and then follow through with it every time!!!! Can't stress this enough!

Rosindubh, take a hot bath and try to release some pain and stress. Val and Janet have posted some wonderful stress and pain reliever techniques here. The one that comes to mind right away is the hot bath with epsom salts. Sounds really good to me, too right about now! Hang in there and keep visiting with us here. PM your email addy to me - you need some cyberhugs!

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 12-20-2004, 03:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi gals

Just wanted to update you all on my medical issues. What was once thought that I might have fibro has changed. I saw an internist last week and after spending 3 hours with him and doing several simple tests he thinks that I may have a rare neuro condition called syringomyelia. It is where a cyst forms on the spinal cord and elongates over time causing many neuro problems. I have no cornea reflex in my left eye, ihave no sensitivity to hot or cold in my left habd and foot, same with pain. It has also affected my respiratory muscles so that they are weak and it is a chore to breath now. I still have to go for a MRI to be sure. If it is surgery is the treatment and that only arrests the disease it will not change any problems that have already occured. I opened a new thread in this forum to explain and see if there are any others with this. hope you are all coping well this holiday season, may god bless all of you

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 12-20-2004, 03:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Dearest Deb, I am so sorry to hear about your medical news. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.
This ailment is so much more severe than Fibro..especially since it is rare...that means they are still studying it too..I pray that you will find some relief.

Love Janet
Old 12-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hugs Debbie....

Update on dd. She does have JRA, she is on celebrex and it is working! Dd overdid it last week and sprianed her hip.... she hasn't been able to move much at all the last year so building up will take time. I don't know what we will do if they pull Celebrex and Bextra.... Really how many people take 800 mg of this stuff a day??
Old 12-20-2004, 08:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Connie so glad you got some answers for her. i hope she takes it easy..the muscles will take time to strengthen. My aunt is worried that they may pull it too and she just switched from /vioxx to celebrex....same with my mother in law. here is hoping they don't. tkae care

hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson