Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.
Old 07-06-2002, 10:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Fibromyaglia

Does anyone have fibromyaglia? I was diagnosed about 6 years ago and have been coping with the chronic pain, fatigue,musle pain, sleep disturbstances, etc.

Most of time I can manage it, with meds, elavil works the best for me. But now the increasing symptons are annoying. I try to keep a regular sleep and wake pattern, eat healthy, keep stress low. Now it affects my jaw, TMJ, and I suffer from Migraines....all of these are in the Fibromyaglia circle. Pain meds do NOTHING for me.

Weather changes affect me too! What a bummer....it has been wonderful here...hot not humid and all of a sudden it has turned to 50degrees at night. Now my body is kicking up a fuss. I feel like I have the flu, achy body, muscles, fuzzy brain, and also I am nauseous.

I would love to hear from other sufferers to see if they control their disease differently or have any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks

janet
Old 07-08-2002, 08:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Janet,

How were you diagnosed with this? I have all the symptoms of someone with this horrible thing and was just wondering how you found out for sure.
Thanks for any help you can give me,
Kathy
Old 07-08-2002, 08:59 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

Janet ,
I have had rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia since 1989 and it can get VERY bad but you have to keep a good attitude and try to continue to do most of the activities that you always enjoyed even though it can be difficult. I have lots of headaches, "all over" body aches, depression, and severe fatigue. All you can do is try to live a healthy lifestyle and try to exercise and be as active as you can be. Your mental attitude can help a lot, even when you feel so bad that you are really down! On the very "bad" days take a well deserved break and other days try to do something that you enjoy, I sew, quilt, and craft and it helps me. I hope this little bit of info helps and remember you're not alone, lot s of people suffer from this condition...............BackwoodsTess
Old 07-08-2002, 09:54 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have had fibromyalgia for a couple of years. I have tried all kinds of pain medications. I was on Paxil for awhile and that seemed to help except that it caused headaches. I am now on an antidepressant and celebrex. I seem to have it under control. I am hoping this is the answer for me. But keep fighting and trying new things. What works for one person may not work for another. So I have tried many things. All with a doctors advice. I see him about every 6 to 8 weeks to keep this under control.
Good luck to you and all of the people out there who have this disease.;-)
Old 07-08-2002, 10:54 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi. I have had FMS for 30 years. They use to call it fibrositis.
I am also a diabetic. They say water exercise is very good for you. My jaw can be very painful, I have a hard time eating some foods. I also get terrible ear aches from drafts, air conditioning and fans. I also take celebrex and zoloft. I have good and bad days. I have learned that if you feel good don't over do it or else you will be sick for a couple of days. My right arm is really bad .I still do not sleep well and always wake up more tired then when I went to bed. Of course with my age I also have arthritis and other health problems. I just keep telling myself that it could be worse, I could have cancer or MS or something else. Keep smiling .
Charleeta
Old 07-08-2002, 11:05 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi!

I have FM also. I was diagnosed in '98, but believe I have had it all along, even when growing up, but I think it got alot worse after the traumatic pregnancy and birth of my son in '94. I also have some other problems: hypertension, gouty arthritis, hypothyroidism, heart murmur, depression and a host of other things due to the FM like migraines and IBS. I am on Celexa for the depression, and it has so far been the only thing to help the depression but it killed my sex drive! For pain and inflammation, I am on Relafen, Allopurinol, Colchicine, Percocet, & Flexeril. For the high blood pressure, I have to take Procardia, Maxide, Lebetalol, Cozaar, and have to have prscription Potassium supplements. For the hypothyroid, I have to take Synthroid the rest of my life.....no wonder I have depression!! What gets to me emotionally though is people who don't take me seriously, all I have heard all my life is "You're too young to be so sick!"

It took alot of experimenting (under the doctor's supervision) to find a combonation of meds. that helped any. I have come to the conclusion that no matter what we do, or take, that it will not take it all away....we will have to do the best we can with what we got. I have learned the hard way to PACE MYSELF! I have also finally realized that if a situation is stressful, then it's OK to say no or even remove myself from that situation, for instance friends may invite us over for supper and then start arguing....oops, time for us to go!

~~Pam
[email protected]
Old 07-08-2002, 11:30 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Fibromyalgia

I also have Fibromyalgia.. Was diagnosed almost 3 years ago but was told I've had it for about 15 yrs. Mine went into remission for a few years but I also had a traumatic pregnancy and birth with my 9 yr.old daughter.It has been really bad since then. I also have CFS,TMJ,osteoarthritis,and Hepatitus C. Now possibly Lupus. I didn't want to be on a lot of medication from fear of addiction so I decided to try the alternative medicine approach.That helped for a little while but then all of a sudden something happened that made it have a reverse effect on me.I came close to dieing.Now I'm only on pain medicine but I'm afraid it isn't working very well most days.I seem to be able to handle the pain a lot better than the depression though.I've been addicted to nerve pills before so I'm very scared of being put on anything like that again.The only way I can tell you to try to cope with it is to take one day at a time.I get through each day
with a lot of prayer and Faith in God.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:01 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I AM ANOTHER !

HI EVERYONE ,
I TOO SUFFER FROM THIS DD !
SINCE CHILDHOOD !
IT REALLY CAN EFFECT EVERY AREA OF THE BODY AND MIND !
MY FACIAL PAIN HAS BEEN GETTING WORSE LATELY AND SOMETIMES I CAN'T HOLD MY HEAD UP !
THE ONE THING I HAVE LEARN'T AND DO HAVE IS A GOOD DOCTOR ! PLEASE , IF YOU DON'T HAVE A UNDERSTANDING MD , FIND ONE .
I HATE TAKING MEDS BUT, I AM NOW GIVING IN TO IT . PAIN MANAGEMENT
IS THE KEY I THINK .
I WAS UNABLE TO WALK FOR SEVEN WEEKS DURING MAY AND JUNE , THAT'S WHEN I GAVE IN AND BEGAN TAKING MEDS .
IT IS UPSETTING TO HANDLE THE LOSSES FROM THIS DD, I THINK THATS WHY WE NEED ANTIDEPRESSANTS !
AND THE FACT THAT, SO MANY ARE IGNORANT TO THIS DISEASE, I'M SURE YOU HAVE ALL HEARD STATEMENT'S LIKE " WELL YOU COULD DO IT YESTERDAY , WHY NOT TODAY "
BOY , I CAN ONLY HOPE THEY NEVER HAVE TO FIND OT THE HARD WAY . THINK POSITIVE AND DON'T OVER DO ANYTHING ! WE CAN LIVE WITH THIS DD .....I'M GLAD YOU BROUGHT THIS TO THE M.B.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL .
SOFT HUGS , DOLORES
Old 07-08-2002, 02:17 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Fibromyalgia

I have struggled with these symptoms for a few years after having children. I became very ill and went on The Yeast Connection diet. Lost 45 pounds and never felt better! All symptoms were gone within three months. Check out "The Yeast Connection Cookbook", and the remedies outlined for Candidiasis in James Balch, MD's book "Prescription for Nutritional Healling".

Hope this helps!
Old 07-08-2002, 04:08 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

HI KELLY !

THANKS FOR THE INFOMATION !
WOULD YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE A LINK FOR THAT SITE ?
DOLORES

Closed Thread