Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:13 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good News for me, too

Just got the phone call from my Dr. today. Lupus test came back negative. Am still waiting on the results of ovarian problems and thyroid. But no lupus. Happy day..... Hugs, Linda
Old 01-31-2003, 05:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Wonderful news about your tests...so glad it was negative! hooray! A great reason to eat cake and party!

Lets wish for all good news!

janet
Old 01-31-2003, 09:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

so happy your SIl is doing better

Lifester: I'm so happy to hear the good news about your SIL. And hopefully this will all be behind her and she can look forward to a healing and happy life. I was praying for her and her family. I know God answers prayers! Thank God!

ladyinmaille, Isn't that wonderful news? I'm so happy for you. Hopefully all your other test come out the same. Things have to get better for each and everyone of us.

To all " Yes I am scared to drive, I haven't been to the doctor to do all the lab work again, Since all my family lives in the city and I live so far out in the boonies it's going to be hard to get around.

This is a little town and they don't have handi-cars to take anyone to the doctors yet! I really have to rely on one of my sisters or DH.
Or I was thinking when I go I usually feel pretty good it's after awhile that this tiredness comes over me. I did tell one of my sisters since I more or less know when I feel totally drained that I would stop the car and call her to come get me, this is one of the times I thank God for the cell phone.

I know I will really think about it before I get behind the wheel of my car! My DH is usually pretty good at running errands for me when I don't feel good and now he knows what's happening to me. I really will be careful, I know I can rule out diabetes, And I hardly get any sleep at night so I guess this really has to be looked at huh?
Thank you all for your replies.
Mellie

I really
Old 02-01-2003, 06:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Linda, I'm so glad to hear your test results came out negative for lupus. What a relief. I was really praying for you. Now I'll keep that energy going for the rest of the issues.

I was reseraching Chronic Fatigue Syndrome <CFS>, (also called myalgic encephalomyalgia or something like that.... ) And it describes my symptoms to a "T" but it sais people diagnised with fibromyalgia are excluded from the diagnosis of ME. It's amazing that it sounds like fibro, but isn't fibro? Weird and confusing, huh? No wonder we can't figure it out...doctors can't figure it out!

I hope you are all having good days.

Val
Old 02-05-2003, 04:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Lifestar, I have heard that Chronic Fatique Syndrome is part of Fibro, and so is Chronic Pain Syndrome. I am in the middle of a flare up now...feel pretty bad. Mostly the pain part , and the fatique part. It is new places...my left toe(2nd) when I walk and your foot rolls up on your toes..mine causes pain..even to painful to rub. ALso I am having alot of upper back body pain with areas almost under my arms. I can't even stand to have my hubby rub icy hot on it...it is so darn painful...

Thanks for letting me vent...hope this passes soon.

Janet
Old 02-05-2003, 05:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Sorry for not answering some of the posts...

Hello again,
I feel really bad for not replying to some of the ladies that posted to me.
I have been so run down lately, days are sometimes I can't even put on foot forward to even get started.
As a result my home is suffering, messy right now. I just can't do it right now Everything is piling up for me. I need a maid! LOL

My mom comes and helps me now and then, but it's not the same.
I hope all you ladies are getting on with better results then myself.
I finally went for my blood work. I guess the Dr. is checking my heart for some unknown reason.
If you need to get a hold of me just PM me and you will get a faster reply, since I will know then that you replied to me.
Thank you so much ,
Mellie
Old 02-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi,
I have been around wfd and know some of you from that site but never came to this one before seeing the posts about fibro today.
I was in the middle of a flare. I wasso exhausted I went to bed last night at 8:30 and figured I would wake long before my alarm...not.....I struggled to get up when the alarm went off and my back has been killing me. I just felt totally exhausted. I have been working, going to school and going to aqua therapy three times a week, dealing with this lousey weather around here, and just feeling overwhelmed in general and I guess I reached my tolerance level....I saw some snow this morning when I got up and turned around and went back to sleep. I slept until 12N.
I was supposed to go away this w/e and I am so glad that I cancelled it. I would not be any fun.
I take Lexapro for depression, Klonopin for anxiety, Carbatrol for seizure disorder, topamax to prevent migrianes, Vioxx for every day pain ( I have been on 50mg for the last 2 weeks, usually take 25mg) and Darvocet N for the back pain. Believe me when I tell you it barely helps. There are days that the back is doing fine and then the pain is much better but when the back is acting up....loook out...I am not sure which comes first the pain or the fatigue. I also have finally been diagnosed w/ obstructive sleep apnea which some believe can be a cause of FMS...I am going for the CPAP trial and if it helps I will get a machine in a few weeks but it is not happening fast enough for me. I am use to be being active and doing what I want dispite the FMS and lately it has gotten the better of me.
Good Luck to all.
Ruth

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
Old 02-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi Cat,

Sorry to hear about your flare-up...yes it gets to really slow a body down but maybe that is what you need at this time.Sometimes Fibro hits a person like a fierce monster...attacking you and making you miserable. Sounds like that is where you are at. I can tell you this, at first it seems as if the Fibro will never relieve itself...now I don't get it as bad as I did at first. I was in bed most of the time then, now it comes and goes with no warning. I have learned to deal with the pain, meds for pain do nothing for me. It does take awhile to accept this illness, especially when you have been active. Little by little is starts to come back. One thing I learned was to seize the moment. If I was feeling great, I would make sure I would do what I was longing to do that day. And worry about the pay back later. Alot of the meds you are taking are sedating, so check with your doctor, that is what they are there for.

Take care, glad you found the fibro board.
janet
Old 02-12-2003, 07:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome to this thread, Ruth.. We're a sorry bunch at times, but a good and supportive gang of ladies

I was so sorry to learn that you, too suffer with this beast... It's amazing that once you start to talk about it, the more people you meet that have it too. We alll seem to suffer in silince, and maybe we shouldn't.

I'm glad you rested today. I think that is the key. I too am on antidepressent, antiinflamitory and antimigrane meds...but like I have said here the neurontin made the biggest difference in my pain... Now if only the fatigue would go away! LOL!

Well, I am tired, and have more to do on line, so I'll catch up another time, just wanted to say HI

Val
Old 02-13-2003, 01:57 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome Catlady

We are all here for you. Of course we are sorry you share our disease and while we can't help you physically, we can understand your pain and fatigue and all the things that go along with this dreaded disease. We all have our good and bad days and sometimes it seems like the bad far outweigh the good. But, if you can hang on long enough, you'll have a day where you feel somewhat normal and when that day comes, live it for all it's worth. Take care. Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs, Linda

Closed Thread