Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Melliechavez, I was the same way when I first was told I had Fibro. It does get better...you are just in a bad flare-up time. I would use a heating pad and take extra strength tylenol for the pain...they even have tylenol arthristis pain releiver...it is slowly released into the blood stream for continued pain control. WhenI would go out I would rub down with odor-less Bengay. Soaking in a hot tub was good and hot showers..I have a shower massage.
Try drinking warm milk before going to bed,and take a tylenol if you can...maybe that might help till you see your doctor on the 27th. If not, call your doctor and tell them that you are continually in pain and can't sleep...maybe they can work you in earlier...worth a try anyway.

Hang in there, you are a strong lady. I will keep you in my prayers.

janet
Old 01-19-2003, 10:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Mellie,

I'm sorry you are having such trouble sleeping. That is the worst part of the fibro as far as I am concerned. It affects everything else. Be sure to complain about this to your doctor. Sometimes something like AMBIEN, a non-narcotic sleeping pill, for a few days, will re-set your clock, so-to-speak. Or of course, most fibro patients are treated with sleep aids, but I found them too sedating, and chose to stop.

And Thank You so much for your prayers and thoughts for my SIL, Alaina. Her surgery is Tuesday, and she has started her chemotherapy. Keeping her, and Dr. Holland in your prayers on Tuesday would be much appreciated. I'll let you all know how the operation goes as soon as we have a final outcome.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Incontinence

Hi and thanks Cairalbe for the sites which I visited and found intresting. I used to be able to be dry by not drinking at all during the day , but I need to drink at least 8 to 10 cups of water in my diet and of course u can imagine the rest.
God help us!
I'll pray for your SIL Lifestar,

God helps us all,
Vera
Old 01-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Has this happened to anyone out there?

I am just sooo tired and it's affecting my driving!
Monday, I almost had an accident! Thank God nothing happened,but I can be fine one mintue and the next few minutes I can't keep my eyes open! Don't know what's going on with me!!

Coming back from the doctors office I suddenly was so tired and this was early like 10:30 am. I live about 25 miles from Tucson and my doctor's appointment was at 9:30
I have gotten like this before but i think this was worse. I had to pull off the road 3 times because i couldn't keep my eyes open for anything!
I just wanted to get home. one of the times I guess i sort of dosed off and I was on the freeway going at 75 miles per hour and I was on the other lane. Almost next to a truck. I was so tired that that didn't even bother me. I don't even know how I got home, but I did, and I thank God I didn't kill anyone that day.

I told my doctor all the symptons I have been having and he has ordered a series of tests. Now I'm scared to drive anywhere for fear of falling asleep. I do have all the symptons of Fibromyaglia and i guess my doctor is going to check me for this if I can ever make it back over there.

Has this happened to anyone else? I can't depend on anyone drving me around. I really need answers now. If you have had this problem, how did you solve it? What am I going to do now?

Thanks for hearing me out...Mellie

I
Old 01-31-2003, 12:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi Mellie,

Take care of yourself and stay off driving till you know better what you have.
Any Diabetis? check for it?
It happens to me at times but mainly after having drunk a cup of strong coffee! like a few hours later!

My whole body ached yesterday, I guess the weather was humid! and a bit colder!

Take care, Vera
Old 01-31-2003, 02:09 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Mellie

I can imagine how terrified you are of driving now. I get this a lot of times and I just have to shut my eyes and take a nap. Luckily my hubby is on early retirement so I don't have to drive anywhere.

I don't know what brings it on all of a sudden. All I know is that I can't keep my eyes open any longer. I don't know if it is from not getting the good sleep at night, or a sugar problem or what. I'm not much help with the answer as to why it happens, but it does happen to me so I know what you are talking about.

The only way I know to explain it is you are like a child in a highchair eating your lunch one minute, and sound asleep the next. Try to explain it that way to your Dr. and at least he/she will be able to visualize what happened to you.

Good luck, Mellie, I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs, Linda

Vera: I think cold weather makes the aches and pains worse. Actually, any weather change sets me off. After a few years, you get to know the weather better than the weatherman. If it weren't for the fact that once in a while we feel halfway decent, I don't know what we'd do. For me the brain fogs are the worst. I guess I don't like to loose control and when you can't think straight, you are not in control. To me, that is very scarey.

Take care. Hugs, Linda
Old 01-31-2003, 05:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Mellie, you need to find someone to drive you to the doctors...don't take any chances okay...I get very sleepy at about 2:00pm everyday...and can't fight sleep so I usually give in and sleep. I am not driving though. Maybe it is just the hum of the engine, heat and it relaxes you and you want to sleep. Or it could be a medical problem...sleep apena, or nacrolepsy. So be careful, protect yourself and others..get someone else to drive you.

janet
Old 01-31-2003, 05:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi all

My SIL came through the surgery beautifully. The doc said he got all the growth out. Clean margins on pathology! Better than we expected. She has no deficits other than some memory and slight personality changes ( she is a little like a "Stepford Wife" ) but the Doctor said this might reverse over time. All in all we are so thankful and counting our blessings. Now we hope the clinical trial is sucessful, and that any future re-growth will have as good a prognosis as this.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers. Everyone is being so wonderful. People we don't even know, aquaintences and "chat buddies" have sent gifts, grocery cards, flowers, and things for the kids. It's amazing what generosity exists out there. I am changed by the graciousness of people. Truly.

Millie... What you are describing has happened to me in association with sleep-deprevation situations. Maybe you have sleep-apnea? It's almost a narcolepsy type of feeling.... You just can't help it.. so pull off the road and sleep! Crack a window and nap for a few mins in safety. Don't EVER drive at night. The headlights are hypnotyzing. ( to me at least). There are organizations that will drive you to doctor's appointments for fre, and if you speak to a patient advocate at your community hospital, they will advise you on what is available in your community.

Good luck with that. That's scary! Be safe.

Val
Old 01-31-2003, 06:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Lifestar, so great about the news and your sil, Alaina. Prayers have been answered! I am so glad to see such a positive answer. God must have more plans for her, so she will be here for awhile! Hooray!!!!

She is in Christ's love,

janet
Old 01-31-2003, 02:09 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lifestar

Oh, I am so happy for you. Your sister in law will be ok. Thank heavens. Thank you for letting us know. Hugs, Linda

Closed Thread