FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Health - Chronic Diseases (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/health-chronic-diseases/)
-   -   Fibromyaglia (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/health-chronic-diseases/2594-fibromyaglia.html)

CairalBe 01-02-2003 06:54 PM

What is a person to do?

Hello to Mellie, Janet, Linda, Vera, Val, Linda D, others with Fibromyalgia, and other problems connected with it; :)

Mellie, :heart:
Wow, I never thought a doctor ever got one up on a patient so; without the insurance company coming down really hard on both patient and doctor. But stranger things have happened. Good luck to you Mellie, to see a new doctor; one who will be taking control of your medical needs. God Bless you dear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda Dulin, :heart:
I also had the same problem with bleeding and if it happens to you again and your covered with blood. HEAD TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM, I wish I had. This being over 7 years of experiencing the bleeding heavily too...having D&C scrapings and what else that they could do because the INSURANCE COMPANY has to be documented your condition and the different ways the doctor treated it for you following this plan that the insurance company has all or most doctors follow. No idea why, they love to DOCUMENTATION. I finally had a complete Hysterectomy in 1999. Have had back of neck sweating or night sweats. Now with them worried about hormone replacement and all...what is a woman to do?

Now to let you all know about me. Today I got a telephone call from this doctor's office (Physiologist, and has Fibromyalgia and maybe she might know what to do to help me.) Well, I hope.

I have seen many other doctors and they just say this and watch out for that and then some say come back in 3 to 5 months to have a recheck. But then some give you (Depression Wellbutin) medicine; that tasted like metal in my mouth after 4 weeks so I stop taking it) :cat:

In the meantime, I am still suffering. But then your afraid that your insurance company will see that your going to too many doctors. Being as we pay the premiums... Sooooooo. Let's hope that this Doctor will be helpful for me. :confused:

Should I write up a list of everything that I see wrong with me from head to toe? The Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea, that requires me to wear a CPAP mask (which they still haven't found a mask that works properly because I am claustrophobic) pain in my thighs, my lower back, heels, feet (bone spurs galore), hands, neck, muscles, eyes, head, my sciatic nerve in my right leg, (carpal syndrome which I had surgery on my left hand) several years ago. I have been given a disability now, whoopie I would love to work again I am young (55) and have a long life but it is just depressing all the time to be told by your body you are not able to do what you used to do and was a regular woman. :eek:

Hummmm, been so long what is NORMAL any more? Oh well, wish me luck. Here I have rambled again. But you all know this is one of the best places to unload and we understand and give each other encouragement. I want to give you all a wonderful prayer that was sent to me I think this makes it all worthwhile: ^^

Subject: Happy New Year Wishes and Prayers

Before the stroke of Midnight tonight,
I went into prayer for all of my
Brothers, Sisters, Family and friends.

I pray Gods blessing upon you, His Grace,
His Mercy, His Benefits, His Promises and
His healing love upon all of you
and that He will lead and guide you with His eye.

I pray that He will send
HIS Holy Spirit to fall upon all flesh and
bring revival in our hearts and
those of all His children.

May this year bring you health, Divine protection,
faith, prosperity,wisdom, understanding and a
new deeper knowledge of Him from whom
ALL blessings flow.

May God richly bless you, Cheryl :daisy:

janet 01-02-2003 07:01 PM

Cheryl, Thanks for the Happy New Year's Prayer and Wishes.

Prayer is good for everyone.

:heart: janet

Lifestar 01-02-2003 08:34 PM

Welcome to the board, Linda D. I hope you find the compassion you need, and maybe a trick or two to get you through the bad days. These ladies have been a lifeline! Bless every one of you!

I need your prayers for my SIL. Her name is Alaina. A year and a half ago she was diagnosed with a brain tumor at the age of 30. She had the surgery and the radiation and the chemo, and was doing so well. She had a wonderful year. She was able to start her oldest in Kindergarten, and her baby in Pre School. She was able to be Matron of Honor in her sister's wedding. But new year's eve, she found out that the cancer had returned, and this time it is spread throughout the brain and is in-operable. She is starting a clinical trial at Sloane Kettering next week, but so much more than chemotherapy she needs prayers from anyone willing to pray for her. She has shown so much courage and joy and strength in these last couple of years. You'd never know she was fighting this awful disease each and every day.

The power of prayer works miracles. I know it does. And I know you know it too :heart:

I hope you are all well, and keeping yourselves replenished and well cared for in body and spirit. It's what we all have to do. Look out for each other, those we love, and always ourselves.

Peace and health in the New Year.

Valerie

Caponata 01-02-2003 10:10 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm not taking any meds try to avoid them my any means and where I live they push steroids which I don't want!Gentle hugs to you all.

Valerie Sorry for your SIL, God be with you all in these hard moments.

Vera

melliechavez 01-02-2003 10:20 PM

To all that have replied to my post :

:daisy: Thanks for all your helpful advice. I sure am going to do something about it. I have an appointment with my doctor on the 27th of January. I am going to make a complete list of everything that has been bothering me for so long. And I hope he has the decency to answer me :( .
I have been suffering far too long. These flare-ups with my skin burning and hurting, they come and go that is why I am confused.
I told the doctor about them before, but he had no idea what it was. I accepted that as part of the chronic pain.
Now that I have some knowledge about this Fibromyalgia, I read about, I seem to have alot of those symptons.
I have searched in medical books for so long to pin point my symptons and I never even came close to finding anything until now.

Muscular pain and waking up not being able to walk because of the pain in my legs and hands and feet. My neck and shoulders are always painful. So armed with this new information I am determined to have someone check me for this. I am so happy that hopefully I can rest my mind of all the worries that I have had of "what is wrong with me" .:( I get so stressed out, I actually thought I was dying a slow death.
This board has been a blessing to me and I thank all of you from the bottom of my :heart:
In reply to some of the questions that I was asked: yes I already have my medical records.
And I understand about the drug testing. I know also about the addiction of the medication. Thats why I make sure not to abuse them, and take them as needed only.

With all the support I have gotten I know things are looking up for me.

Thanks.. Mellie :cat:

I :heart: :angel:

ladyinmaille 01-03-2003 01:59 AM

Morning Ladies

Didn't sleep well last night. Tossed and turned, finally got up around 4:30 and decided to turn the puter on and catch up. So many postings on here.

First, Welcome Linda D. Yes, we will understand and try to offer support and sympathy for the various problems you will encounter. That is the great thing about this thread. When we get down, someone is here to try to pick us back up again. We feel your pain, anger and frustration of this disease that robs us of being the women we used to be.

Cheryl: Thanks for the wonderful prayer. :heart: I wish you all the best in seeing the new dr. that also has fibro. If nothing else, she will understand some of the things attacking your body. I will send a prayer that she is the answer to your prayers. That she can help aleviate enough of the symptoms that you feel somewhat "normal" again. Whatever the heck "normal" is.

Valerie: God bless your sil, Alaina. She is so young. I will send my prayers. My hubby has lost 2 of his sisters to cancer and a brother in law. It is a hideous disease.

Caponata: I admire your determination to avoid medications for as long as possible. I wouldn't want to take a daily dose of steroids either. Hopefully the medical profession in your area will change their minds as to the medications to help you. I, personally, can't imagine making it through this drug free. Each of us has to make decisions as to how to get through this daily. We all have to learn our limitations. Then, on special occassions, push those limitations. :-D I know if I didn't push them once in a while that I'd just curl up in a ball and die.

Mellie: The more you talk about your symptoms, the more it sounds like you do have fibro. As my Dr. told me when I was first diagnosed, fibro won't be the disease that kills you, but on some days, you will feel like it will. My mother had lupus and he said fibro is a weakend version of lupus. After watching my mom suffer so with lupus, I thank god its not that.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day filled with gentle hugs and kind words. I'm off to work. Take care. Linda

janet 01-03-2003 06:37 AM

Valerie, I will pray for your sil, Alaina.I too believe in the power of prayer. Do you mind if I share this story with you?

My hubby was be treated for the flu by a clinic Dr. I told the Dr. is couldn't be just the flu..this was on a Thursday, by Sunday he was writhing in pain, I rolled him over and there was a lump about the size of a baseball in his lower intestines. I packed him up and took him to the ER...it turned out to be "colon cancer", they cut him open from the pubic line to the breast bone...his tumor shredded the colon and was attaching itself to his pancreas, liver, and surrounding areas...here it was a Sunday, emergency surgery with a "young" surgeon. 5 hrs later I was told it was cancer...21 days after surgery, he started chemotherapy. He was in a clinicial trial...we could choose his treatment or they could plug all his medical history into a computer and the computer would pick the best treatment...I told the Drs. hey, I know nothing about this, let the computer pick.( I laugh about that now!) He was treated for 9 months, 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off.In his group of patients of 10...he was the survivor, everyone else picked their own treatment, we used the computer. I am proud to say that it will be 13 yrs. for him on April Fools Day. He remains cancer free and many people were praying for us, and I continually prayed. Our son was a baby then, and learned to walk at the Oncology Center. I thank God for the Blessings he has given to us. :heart:

janet

ladyinmaille 01-03-2003 03:43 PM

Janet

That is one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. I'm in tears. God bless you and your family. Hugs, Linda

janet 01-03-2003 05:45 PM

Ladyinmaille, Now I didn't mean for you to cry...it makes my eyes well up everytime I tell that story too! It was a scary time for us...we used up all of our savings, cashed in life insurance policies, retirement funds, and sold so much stuff, just to survive...I found a part-time job at Sears Catalog Center, so I could leave my hubby and the baby for 3 hrs a day, 3 days a week. It put groceries on the table and gas in the car to get to the Northeast side of Ft.Wayne every week...we were dirt poor and used our credit just to barely live. We never qualified for anything, we fell thru the cracks...we never filed bankruptcy as it was presented to us, we just continued to go on and I called all of our utilitiy companies and they were great to us, I paid what I could each month....my hubby was unable to work and when he finished treatment, they let him go because it was a year he was off! No warning or nothing...then on top of that my Dad was dying with prostate cancer....talk about stress!!! We got thru it all and by God grace, he kept us fed. Our church made us the Christmas family, I was embarrassed, but ever so grateful for the boxes of food, presents, and clothing. and our church wasn't a wealthy church either...our farmers around us would let us go out in the fields and pick green beans, tomatoes, corn...we had many a meal with that. God blessed us so, and graced us with many miracles, and my ds has his Dad too! :heart: It has changed our life.

janet

CairalBe 01-03-2003 07:17 PM

Safe Mode (Interesting Article)

Hello Janet and Linda,

Your stories are so uplifting. ;)
I was searched the internet and can came across this person's site (*See Below) and there was an interesting article with which I wish to share with everyone here.

Now I am not really that religious to a fall. But do believe that we are not alone in what we do each and every day.

So take a moment if you will and read what I have found: :worm:
It sort of says it all in one fell swoop.

You all take care. Have a good day, night and weekend...

bye for now Cheryl

(*Note)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~as an olive tree grows~
http://olivelam.blogspot.com/

SAFE MODE:

i'm typing away at my blog entry
and i glance down under the
posting window to see three
slightly peculiar words: enter safe
mode. and i think, wouldn't it be great
if we could have that in real