Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:23 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi everyone

Yes, Delores, I was tickled pink I managed to stay that long, too. Trust me, tho, every chance I had I parked myself somewhere for a little bit. They have a lot of tables and chairs and bales of hay to sit on here and there throughout the festival and I think I managed to sit at every one of them. I was doing the duck waddle pretty badly by the time we headed back to the truck. My family doesn't have to ask me how I'm doing, when they see the duck waddle they know I'm pushing myself with all my will power.

It was another beautiful day today. This is just too good to be true. Sun is shinning, a wonderful breeze, 85 degrees but not muggy. Last night the breeze was cool and it smelled so wonderful that we left the deck door open all night to let in the fresh air.

Work went whizzing past today. I love it when the time flies. Only did 8 hours today. Am grateful for that.

Janet, I hope your elbows are feeling better by now. We have so many strange aches and pains that who knows what causes what. It's just when they pop up someplace new that we go, HUH? What's this?

Val, are you doing OK? And we haven't heard from bgwelz or Stitcher 45 for a little while. I hope everyone is doing well. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. Gentle hugs.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:06 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

HI JANET AND LADYINMALL ;)

I HOPE YOU ARE BOTH ABLE TO ENJOY THIS EVENING !
I HAVE NO ENERGY TODAY
WONDER WHY ??
JUST KIDDING , I NEVER HAVE TO WONDER NOW .
JANET , ARE YOUR ELBOWS IMPROVING , I HOPE ? YOU ARE NOT OLD JUST MAYBE , FEEL THAT WAY SOMETIMES !
LADYINMALL, EVEN WITH SITTING AS YOU GO ALONG , YOU DID GREAT !
WHAT KIND OF WORK ARE YOU ABLE TO DO ?
I AM A NURSE AND WAS DEVASTATED WHEN , I COULD NO LONGER WORK !
MY ENTIRE LIFE CHANGED OVER NIGHT !
AS WITH ALL THINGS ,I BEGAN TO ADJUST ! IT WAS GREAT TO HEAR YOU CAN WORK .
Old 10-01-2002, 01:51 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Evening

Delores, I manage a small office. We do title insurance. Whenever someone buys or sells property they get title insurance, it used to be abstracts, now its title insurance.

The only reason I've been able to continue to work this long is that I have 4 weeks off a year either vacation or sick plus I can take more time off without pay. I've been there over 14 years. We get the holidays off and that's an extra 10 days a year or so and then we get our work anniversary day off and our birthdays off with pay. Another incentive that has kept me there this year is my son and son in law both lost their jobs around the same time I hubby and I had to help them keep roofs over their heads. I love my son and daughter dearly but I'd work 60 hours a week to keep them in their own homes, not mine.

Lucky for me, both of them found temp work that might turn out to be permanent work, so I've got everything crossed that they get hired permanent.

Yes, I'm always pleased when I don't have to be the party pooper and admit I can't take it. But this time, lucky for me, my daughter said her feet were hurting and could we please go. Now, I never know for sure if she sees me do the duck waddle and bails me out or not. I think probably she does. She's a great daughter. I just love her to pieces.

It's starting to act like it might rain here. I'm starting to ache quite a bit and my nose is stuffing up. I knew the wonderful weather couldn't last forever.

Gotta run. Take care.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Dolores, Thanks the elbows are getting better...they aren't aching like a toothache anymore, they just feel tender...like it hurts to brush the skin??? What a crazy thing...it's like...now what! lol

I used to work in a hospital too, in the Lab...the official vampire of the Lab! lol Too much stress all the time for me....never had any gravy jobs there as you well know with your position. Some of my best friends are nurses and miss the daily interaction with them! I absolutely HATE the politics that go on in the medical field.
Did you find that at your former place?

Having no energy really stinks and then when I do get some I tend to overdue!

How long have you been diagnosed? Do you get the brain fog too? Migraines?

Take Care,
janet
Old 10-02-2002, 01:18 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

LADYINMALL ;)

HOW ARE YOU THIS MORNING ?
THIS IS STRANGE , I DID NOT PUT THIS SYMBOL HERE , I CAN'T EVEN SEE WHAT IT IS !! LOL
OH WELL !
I READ YOUR POST AND THOUGHT HOW MUCH YOU SOUND LIKE ME ..... I GUESS IT'S A MOTHER THING !
I HAVE ONLY TWO CHILDREN SON & DAUGHTER . AND I TOO WOULD , WALK ON COALS FOR THEM !
IT'S TERRIBLE HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE OUT OF WORK ! SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE OUR WORLD IS GOING BACKWARDS ! AND THE COST OF LIVING IS SO HIGH !
ANYWAY , MY FRIEND ,YOU SEEM TO HAVE HIT THE JACK POT WITH YOUR JOB I HOPE YOU GET TO SIT FOR MOST OF IT ? THAT'S GREAT .
I AM STILL TOTALLY WITHOUT ENERGY IT IS SO NICE TO BE ABLE TO TALK OF THIS ( FM ) WITH SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT !
OH ,I MEANT TO ASK YOUR NAME !
GOOD BYE FOR NOW , BLESSINGS
Old 10-02-2002, 01:44 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

MORNING JANET ;)

HAVE YOU BEEN SPYING ON ME ?
LOL WOULD YOU BE THINKING I HAVE " FIBRO FOG " ?
GEE JANET, JUST BECAUSE I GO IN THE OTHER ROOM FIVE OR SIX TIMES BEFORE, I REMEMBER WHAT I WAS IN THERE FOR OR READ A CHAPTER OF A BOOK TWICE TO GET THE MESSAGE AT TIMES !!!! LOL
YES , I DO SOMETIMES .
I'M TELLING YOU THIS FM IS EVERYWHERE ! I WAS " STAMPED WITH THE OFFICAL FM STAMP " MAYBE FIVE YEARS AGO . I KNOW I HAVE HAD IT SINCE CHILDHOOD ! HOW ABOUT YOU ?
I ALSO HAVE CFS . ACTUALLY ,THIS IS MY BIG THING LATELY , FACIAL PAIN .
YOU ALSO ASKED ABOUT HOSPITAL POLITICS ........I ALWAY AVOIDED IT ! I REALLY DID ! I WORKED FOR ANGENCY AND I COULD PICK AND CHOOSE WHERE I WORKED ! IF THEIR POLITICS BEGAN TO INFRINGE ON ME I JUST DIDN'T GO BACK THERE FOR A LONG TIME !
I HOPE YOU HAVE A PAIN FREE DAY !
Old 10-02-2002, 02:25 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Dolores

Good morning dolores, my name is Linda. I'm 55 years old and have been married for 35 years. In addition to a son and daughter, I have 4 grandchildren, 2 of each, ranging from 10 years old to 5 years old. I am blessed because my daughter lives about 3 minutes from me and my son lives about 15 minutes from me.

I'm sorry you are feeling so utterly exhausted right now. It really is hard to even get out of bed. I've been so exhausted before it was a chore to breath.

Yes, I can sit all day if I like and my work area can be accessed with my wheel chair, if it gets to that. The other wonderful thing about my job is that my daughter works there part time and my daughter in law works there full time.

I have the brain fogs, too, and that is really bad when you are trying to do your job. I've been there for years and at times I can't remember the simple things. Luckily, I can get help with the answer from my dd or dil.

Speaking of work, it's 5:30 A.M. and I've got to go. I work 6:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. most days. This winter when I ride with my hubby it will be until 3:30 P.M. but I usually take Fridays off and have a 3 day weekend.

See everybody later. Have the best day you can. Gentle hugs.
Old 10-02-2002, 04:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question Elbows

My elbows are one of the worst FM spots I have. I can't rest them on anything, they hurt most of the time. Every morning I wake early with the elbos and hand pain.
I know this new hurricane is going to effect me again.
I am feeling better from my diveroticulits, but I really have to watch my diet. No fun foods & no salads which I LOVE.
But it can always be worse right
Wishing all a better day
Old 10-02-2002, 08:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hey gang!

Sorry I have been gone so much. The fibro has been kicking butt. I've been avoiding posting. Probably not a good habit, avoididing, that is. I've been sticking to the "what's for dinner" thread or looking at everyone else's problems, so I could avoid my own.'

My fatigue is extroadinary. I have so much trouble getting through my days. I'm snappish with my children amd the headaches are unbearable. They are not migraines (thank G-d) they are tension headaches from muscle fatigue.

My limbs are tired to the marrow. PT is helping with the flexibility, I have graduated from the walker to a cane (YEAY!!) but I still can't get very far without stopping to rest, rest, rest.

I have also been quite depressed. (DUH!) so I tend to avoid people and things when I am in that situation. It is a bad habit, I know.

Dolores, I know we really havent "met" but "Hello!"

It's nice to see another active " fibro baby" on the board. I too was a health -care professional before being diagnosed with fibro in 1989 after an on-the-job injury put an end to my career too. I was a Paramedic in NYC for 11 years prior to that injury, and was never able to work on the streets again.

Although I stayed in active service active in EMS as a training officer, quality control officer, public relations liasion, etc. for another 12 years, it wasn't the same thing.

After I left the Service, I began to work as a Health and Safety Educator at a local colege, and do summer work as a Health Director at a day camp. I even started my own business, doing training, but the fibromyalgia made it impossible to continue with that as of two years ago also.

I know the feeeling of my brain leaving for vacation without me.... very frustrating, especially when she doesn't send a postcard!

Janet, I'm so sorry to hear of your new pain!. Sometimes my elbows are painful, but for me it's a neurological thing, like carpal tunnell but a compression of the nerve higher up...

I remember once, having a virus, and each morning I woke up with a different set of joints aching...migrating joint pain it was called...It was so disconcerting.

Your description of your pain sounds almost like complex regional pain syndrome..the extremem localized pain ...if it persists, be sure to mention it to the doc. Pain that intensly sensitive should not go un-investigated, especially on the heels of your "flu" from a couple of weeks ago. OK?

Other than that..I have nothing else I can think of to say today...This is long enough. I sure have been "saving it up" huh?

I hope you all stay well. Oh and Linda...I got theis incredible Rennisance catalogue/magizine in the mail the other day, and I thought of you! If it all wasn't so expensive, I'd buy some of the clothing for my family for haloween and we'd go regally through the streets dmanding candy or threatening the families to face th
The consequences! LOLOL!

Be well all.

Val
Old 10-02-2002, 03:55 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle Val

You crack me up. I'm sitting here exhausted to the bone, worked from 6 am to 4:30 pm then went to Walmart to pick up a few items, grabbed some kfc, got home a little before 6, carried stuff in, fed the cats and kittens, ran my daughter home after we ate a bite, then sat down here reading my mail. I saved the fms post for last because I was so tired and I hurt so badly and I though if push came to shove, I'd wait until tomorrow to post.

But I read you post and busted out laughing with the thought of you and your family in ren gear demanding candy. rotflmao. If you do that, you must post a picture.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I almost feel human again.
Laughter is the best medicine.

Blessings and gentle hugs to one and all.

Linda exits, stage left, laughing.

Closed Thread