Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.
Old 09-27-2002, 03:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi lifestar.
You're right that's were I must have picked the habit myself at the tennis court
s a long and forgoten time!!

Bye Vera
Old 09-27-2002, 04:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Lifestar

Hope you are starting to feel better, do you think maybe the antibiotics may have made you weepy? Strep is hard on your body and physically it makes you so darn tired! Antibiotics make me so tired and then I get a yeast infection, besides the queasy stomach. Food even tastes strange.

I have finally broke the cycle of headaches, bodyaches, and tireness...it is strange how you are sailing around feeling great then poof! you are sick, tired, hurting, and queasy.

I have been able to get 6-7 hrs of sleep at a time now! What a breakthru for me. I feel so much better.(fingers crossed)

As I understand hormones and change of life you can have symptons till you pass on. Hot flashes, etc. Regardless if you have all or parts or not. I know of people who still suffer from hot flashes and they are in their 70's. So there must be some things that Doctors can't explain??? With your medical background what do you think?

Warm thoughts and wishes sent your way!

janet
Old 09-27-2002, 04:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

set back

It has not been a good month for me. I have been absent from the site for awhile.
My goal was to get ready for my total Knee replacement surgery which meant getting any neccesary dental work done & a complete physcal.
Well I needed 3 fillings which took 2 appt. at the dentist. Problem #1 I had a diveroticulitis attack & ended in the hospital for a week. I am on a very strict diet until I can go back for my colonoscopy.
So I went back for my last dental appt. and am now waiting for my colon to settle down before the scope.
I also have to have a drug induced stress test before my knee surgery.
I don't need to tell you as I know you all understand what this has done to my FMS
It is not good & add in the wet weather we are getting from the storms down south.
Please keep good thoughts for all of these tests so I can have my knee replaced & be able to walk through the store again.
Not to mention I am still fighting my disability claim as I have not worked for almost 2 years now.:mad:
This is long but I hope you understand the range of emotions I am going through. I need good thoughts and any prayers you can send my way.
I do the same for all of you as most of you are probably going through this weather change also.
I have enjoyed decorating for the fall season as that is my joy with my granddaughter
Keep good and postive thoughts
Old 09-27-2002, 05:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Janet,

As I understand it...as long as you still have ovaries, you can have symptoms. That is THE BIGGEST reason for women going on hormone therapy during peri-menopause. Hormone replacement therapy can really relieve a lot of the symptoms of peri-menopause, like the hot flashes, sleeplessness, vaginal dryness, loss of libido, etc. It's worth weighing the rosk/benefits of a short term/mid term treatment plan with your own doctor. Everyone has their own risk profile.

For me, at 45, after a hysterectomy and "ovar-ectemy" (lol) I really felt it was worth being on estrogen for the next 10 years or so for the cardiac protection, and anti-aging benefits.

I'm glad you are sleeping better now Janet. Whatever the reason, it's a gift. A few nights ago, I closed my eyes at 12:30 AM and opened them at 7:30 AM and had not stirrred a muscle in between. I don't know how I did it, I want to re construct the entire day and do it again! It was wonderful!

Anyway, I'm so glad you are feeling better, and I hope it continues.

I haven't heard from Linda...ladyinlaile..I hope you're good, Stitcher too! and whatever happened to Claire?

Hugs to all

Val
Old 09-27-2002, 05:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

~bgwelz~

You must have posted while I was typing, with my nose stuck to the keyboard... (<hugs>) to you!

I know how you feel and I send you prayers and best wishes. I have had diverticulitis, and live with that now for several years. The colonoscopy is nothing compared to what you have been through already. Be sure to tell your doctor you want anesthesia for the proceedure , if he doesn't automatically offer it. You will be in a twilight sort of sleep and feel nothing at all. The worst part of the whole thing is having to drink the salty tasting prep stuff the day before. Honestly. I was looking at the TV monitor saying " Gee, my colon is kind of pretty, huh?" and then he told the anesthesiologist to give me a little more drugs, and I fell asleep, and woke up in the recovery room. LOL!

The diet takes a little getting used to, but if you think of it, like you are blessing your body every time you eat right, instead of indulging in what you want, it might make it easier. and it will make it less painful. Besides, it will get you through that knee repalcement a lot quicker too!

Rest as much as you can. Can you get into a PT program? Maybe some aquacize would help you as much as it is helping me? That warm water is wonderful, especially in this wet, cold weather.

In any event, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Val
Old 09-27-2002, 06:06 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hiya

Sorry I haven't been here to help out but I had a migraine and the minute I'd get home from work, I'd go straight to bed. With it I had the blasted twitching left eye that almost drove me to distraction. Compared to what you all have been going through my migraine seems like a walk in the park.

Yes, I think the change of weather has all of our systems in an uproar.

bgwelz, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you undergo surgery for the knee replacement. I know of several people who have had it done and have been very happy with the results. I'm sorry you were in the hospital for a week. I hate going to the hospital. They never let you have your snuggly blanket and pillow. And if they expect me to sleep, they'd better drug me heavily.

caponata, I never thought of soaking the tub overnight. I'm going to try that. Because I like to take a lot of baths and soak this sore old body and I get so weary of cleaning it. Thanks for the tip.

janet, glad the symptoms have lessened a little for you. we have to celebrate everytime we have a good day. If we have a good day now and then, it helps us get through the bad days.

lifestar, I'm here. whenever I don't post for a while, you'll know I've got a headache. I can't take everything else that this disease hands out so so but give me a headache and I'm totally incompacitated. What I mean by so so is that I can still get on the puter, unless my hands are cramping. Kinda hard to type, then. lol Sorry you have to go to that wedding tomorrow. You'd have a lot more fun going with me.

Tomorrow hubby is taking me out to breakfast, my favorite meal to eat out, then we are going to the Pioneer Festival and spend as much time there as I can. I love the Pioneer Festival. So many things to see and do. So many different foods to try. Oh, dear, I'm gonna overdo, I know I will. Sometimes you just have to go for it. I guess I'll be the one having fun this weekend. Will tell you all about it later. I just hope it doesn't rain. It usually does.

Gentle hugs to everyone. Take care of yourselves. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ladyinmaille, Hope your migraine is gone by now and you are recovering well and having a decent week so far.

Another rainy day here...it has been raining for so long now...it sometimes stops for a little bit but it is still too wet to work outside.

Crazy thing is going on with me...I woke up with 2 sore elbows!!! Can't figure out what in the world I did, if anything...any ideas anyone???just don't want to do that again! lol It is not like I play golf or baseball, basketball etc.

So how is everyone doing?

Gentle hugs to everyone!

janet
Old 10-01-2002, 02:32 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Morning Janet

Can't say I remember ever waking up with sore elbows. Maybe one of the other girls has. I wake up every morn with the bottom of my feet feeling bruised. Like someone beat them all night long, but never my elbows. yet

Yes, migraine has let up. Thank goodness. I absolutely hate those.

We've had lovely weather for the past few days here. Sun shinning and not too hot. Been spending as much time as I can outside.

We went to the Pioneer Festival Saturday and I really enjoyed it. We walked around for about 3 hours and then came home. It was a very good time. I got some peanut butter fudge and ate it all myself. They had bbq ribs that were soooo good, too. I got myself a cane to use at Ren Festivals and hubby cut it down for little old short me. lol

Everyone take care. Gotta go to work. Gentle hugs.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:49 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

HI EVERYONE ! ;)

I HOPE EVERYONE WILL BE DOING BETTER SON !
JANET , I THINK YOUR ELBOW PAIN IS SIMPLY DUE TO THE FM .
I KNOW THAT, I HAVE EXPERIENCED THE MOST UNUSAL PAINS FOR NO APPARENT REASON !
I WISH ,I COULD OFFER YOU A SOLUTION .
SOME DAYS I FEEL LIKE ,I HAVE MUSCLES AND JOINTS WHERE I NEVER THOUGHT THEY COULD BE !!!
LADYINMALL , I THINK THAT'S WONDERFUL YOUWERE ABLE TO WALK AROUND THE FAIR FOR " THREE HOURS " PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE !!!!!
I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS !
VAL, HOW ARE YOU TODAY ?
Old 10-01-2002, 08:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hello Ladyinmaille, the Pioneer Festival sounds like a great way to spend some time...peanut butter fudge..yummy! So glad you were able to walk and enjoy the day.

Dolores...well I feel better now that someone else has had unusual pain too! I know my wrists sore and weak so picking up certain pans is hard...or am I just getting too old?
Maybe I am an old person and don't know it! lol:p

Have a great day everyone!

janet

Closed Thread