Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hello Pamtanise, It must be the season changing because I have been having sleep distrubances too! I know that the sunlight is changing here and leaves are starting to change color. Our evenings are cool. So I find whenever there are alot of changes, it messes up my sleep patterns. I have been doing this for a couple of weeks now..Sometimes it is 2:00am, then if my noisy neighbors come home from the bar at 3:30 and whoop and holler...I am up! So I just stay up and read, surf the net, post here..then about 5 hrs later I can sleep...I am fortunate I am no longer working outside the home, so I don't have those pressures anymore. Sometimes I find a cup of chamomile tea, extra strength tylenol, and crackers help.
I am finally sleeping better some nights and I make sure I don't drink any caffeine drinks in the evening.

Good Luck!

Ladyinmaille, hey I say if the Ren festivals make you feel great I think you should attend more! We always need things to keep us happy and it makes it so much easier to take the pain.

Have you ever been to Door County in WI? I love that place, now I can live there really easy. It has cherry orchards, farms, then the little towns along the shores...great friendly people live there too!

Southern MI. gets hot...just like Ft.Wayne...now Transverse City and Holland MI. are cooler..they are on Lake Michigan.

MdTnGl, it is against the rules to plug your own business on this site...it was in the agreement when you signed up. It is the rules.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well ladies I do have som e (keeping my fingers crossed) good news...

I have been on the neurontin for about a week or so..and yesterday and today were very goood days. Stood up straight, no pain!! Walked etc. Today even went to the pharmacy for myself, and took the kids to the supermarket. I leaned on the cart, and the kis did all the work ( G-d Bless them!). But I was out on my own !!! And WALKING!!!!!

What a joy...I can hardly explain this ( there should be an avatar with tears streaming down one's face)

OK, so I needed a percocet at 4 pm,,,but only ONE percocet. I'm now cooking dinner by myself

So I'll let you know if it was a fluke or if this was the intervention I have been praying for.

Love to you all, and blessings.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:36 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Way cool

Door County, Wisconsin. Oh, that sounds like a little bit of heaven doesn't it? I can just picture it from your description.

If Southern Michigan gets as hot as Ft. Wayne, nevermind. LOL

My daughter has always wanted to live, or at least visit a lot, either Chicago or New York. EEEEKKKK. She must get that from her daddy.

Val, you are finally walking about without pain. Oh how wonderful. Just try not to overdo and hurt yourself. Going to the drugstore, grocery store, and fixing supper is quite enough for one day. (oops going into my mother mode) I am very happy for you.

Pamtanise, here's hoping for a good nights rest for you. Hope the changing of seasons doesn't effect you for too long and exhaust you.

Gentle hugs to one and all. Gotta take my drugs and get to bed. Notice I didn't mention sleep. Nighty night.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:41 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Way to go Lifestar!

I am so happy something is helping you....I am on Percocet also, along with some other medicines....I don't like to take such strong measures, but I know I would be in a wheelchair if I didn't take them. We do what we have to!

We are so sad here tonight, our guinea pig "Happy" passed away earlier this evening. DS (8) is having a hard time dealing with everything which is stressfull for me and on top of no sleep the last night, I'm probably headed for big trouble in the next couple of days.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Well ladies, I had a mammogram on Tues, and my fibromyalgia is flared up! My upper back and of course the chest muscles were just aching with pain...I felt sick to my stomach most of the night and felt like I had the flu...Not to mention my boobs are swollen. I have never had this before...and I have been getting mammograms since 1985 atleast every year.

I think when I see my Doctor in Oct. I will tell him about the pain involved and how sore I am with all the pulling they have to do.

I am going back to bed...too queasy to do anything...hope you are having a better day than me.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:31 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Janet

Just read your post. I am so sorry. I've never had my boobs swell after one of those tests. How horrible. I hate those tests. They say it will be a little uncomfortable. If any of you remember the old washing machines, its like getting your boobs caught in the ringer.

And to be so sick at your stomach on top of that.

I hope you get to feeling better real soon. Take care of yourself. Will be thinking about you.

Val, hope you didn't overdo. Hope you are steadily improving. Am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Everybody take care of yourselves. I am doing ok, not great, but ok. My son has started working again, about a week ago. Now if my son in law could just find a job. Would relieve a lot of stress on me for sure. Not sure how we are gonna make it through this month but I try not to worry, just say my prayers and let him take over.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Have any of you seen the forum: From the Homefront.com? Under the health and fitness section they have an article on Fibromyalgia. Also you can print off cute cartoon sayings about fibromyalgia. If you have time, check it out.
Old 09-06-2002, 02:03 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

thehomefront

I tried to find the site you were talking about and couldn't.

I hope you are feeling better by now Janet. I'm experiencing a lot of pain in my back and legs here lately. Do more sitting than anything else because it hurts too much to stand and walk. The other day my ankle was just hurting so bad so I wished it would stop hurting. I woke up the next morning and my ankle didn't hurt but I had such a headache. I decided I'd rather have the ankle hurt. And I'm soooo tired. It's hard to stay awake.

Tomorrow I have the grandkids so that will improve my spirits. Except my one grandaughter took a header off of a bed (she was jumping on it) and has 8 stitches in her forehead. This happened last night. Haven't seen her yet. Hope I don't cry when I see her. I guess she cut it all the way to the skull but she didn't fracture her skull or have a concussion.

Here's gentle hugs to everyone. Take Care.

Old 09-06-2002, 04:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

~hug~ to Linda

It sounds like you could use one...

I hope your grand daughter is OK. Poor kid. How scary is that, huh?

I remember when my little one, then 2 years old, needed stitches over her eye after falling in a playground. All my paramedical training kicked in, and I handled the emergency, up until the point I handed her over to the ER staff. Then I fell apart and sobbed as hard as she did. LOL!

Anyway..I have a "delicate" question...

I was feeling geat...and then DH and I got romantic and the PAIN in my hips and back toward the end and afterward...Well I may never get "romantic" again!

It's been a while because of the pain, and It's GOING to be a while longer. It was terribly painful and has taken two days to recover.

Does anyone have any experience or sage advice? I don't quite know how to broach this with my Doctor. My husband works with him.

Val
Old 09-06-2002, 04:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ladyinmaille

Sorry, I should of put the exact web address...I am not thinking clear today, try: www.fromthehomefront.com

Scroll down the page and about half way down you will see a title, "A fibromyalgia Foxtrot-Dancing with the pain. Click on that title and it takes you to their page. Check it out. If you need anymore help..just holler!

janet

Closed Thread