Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Sue, and welcome!

I too used to be a Flybaby...but have fallen from the nest. Unfortunately I can't even get dressed all the way to my shoes in the morning, my pain is so debilitating these days. Flylady was a great thing for me when I was in better shape. I do recommend it to anyone seeling some order in their life. I love her CHAOS analogy...it fit me to a tee.

I guess we will be seeing more of you 'round here. Jump right in, we're a friendly bunch.

Val
Old 08-31-2002, 05:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi Sue and welcome to the forum! We have alot of great people here and when you are down someone always throws you a life saver. I had the brain fog very bad for about 1 1/2 yrs. it is much better now and at times it gets a flare up but it doesn't last day after day. In my younger days I might of liked that feeling but not now! I can't believe this I am younger than Ladyinmaille!!!!, I am 49 will be 50 in Jan. Gee, I am usually the old one. HEE HEE

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ladyinmaille, I lived in a small town, south of Ft.Wayne, Yoder area, are you familar with that area...we had an 100 yr old farmhouse and wide open spaces. I do miss growing tomatoes! and the sun.

janet
Old 08-31-2002, 06:00 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yoder

Yes, I've heard of Yoder. Can't picture in my mind right now where it is but I bet my dh could. 100 year old farm house. Way cool. I love the old houses. I live in one myself that is at least 100 years old. Was a log house that got added onto. We have 2 lots with it so its not like someone is sitting right on top of me. We've been here 30 years now.
Old 09-01-2002, 08:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ladyinmaille, I miss the all the land we had, only 4 acres but all the land around us was being farmed. Our closest neighbor was 1/4 mile away. Our dogs had plenty of room to run and we had alot of animals to care for. Yoder is about 15 miles south of Ft.Wayne, going towards Ossian. Sometimes I think about moving back but I enjoy not having the city life and people here are so honest and caring. If you forget your purse in a shopping cart, you actually get it back with everything in it. One time an elderly lady lost an envelope with all her savings in it and it was thousands of $$$ and she got it BACK!!! People here look out for each other and know how hard it is to live. What a fine place to live...just wish winter was shorter...but maybe with global warming that might be coming.

janet
Old 09-03-2002, 03:45 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

shocking would you guys believe.....

.....I didn't go to sleep AT ALL last night???? This makes two or three times in a two month time period, and all the other nights, I don't go until around 2 or 3 am....I am at my wit's end
I went last week to the doctor and he suggested that I try Tylenol PM or Benadryl because it seems I have tried every sleeping pill and either it doesn't help me sleep at all or it makes want to sleep the whole next day....can't seem to find a happy medium! uugghh.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Pam,

Maybe it's the time of year, the change of seasone...but I'm having hte same sleep troubles too. I'm post-menopausal, thanks to a hysterectomy, so I can't blame it on hormonal shifts or anything else.

Past two to three months, I've just had these sleep shifts. I'm beginning to think I'm developing Bi-Polar disorder and that's my manic phases!

Anyway, I just don't know what to do about it..and I'm hoping it will go away as mysteriously as it started.

Val
Old 09-03-2002, 11:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I reported this post to Amanda, and put MidTnGal on my ignore list. I use this space to find support and to share with other folks who suffer with this day in and day out, or those who have loved ones who suffer. This space is not to ever be used for pure adverstising.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:28 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

To sleep or not to sleep

I'm sure the only way I get any sleep is because I take a muscle relaxant and a blood pressure pill about 2 hours before I go to bed. I do not get the good sleep, tho. I toss and turn. I never remember my dreams either or even if I had a dream. I used to have floating or flying dreams all the time - except for one dream as a child that I had over and over again about a particular bridge breaking just as I got to the middle of it. I know if I didn't take the drugs that I would be up all night. Don't know what I'm gonna do when my body gets immune to those drugs. The way it is now, if I get to sleep by midnight (I have to roll out of bed at 5 A.M.) I feel fortunate. My hubby will fall asleep around 8:30 every night, gets up around 11:30, goes to bed and goes right back to sleep and gets up at 4:30 A.M. GRRRRRRRRRR He gets 8 hours of sleep everynight. That alone lessens my chances of keeping up with him. He gets at least 20 hours more sleep a week then I get. And they wonder why we are so tired all the time. I wish I knew of some miracle to help us all. I know we all understand and we all want to help. It's a blessing to me to know that I can finally talk to someone who understands.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:34 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Janet

Forgot to mention to you that now I remember where Yoder is. LOL And yes, it sounds like you live in a wonderful community now. If I had a choice, I'd live in the country and I'd live in Southern Michigan or Wisconsin. Maybe that's because I'd be closer to the Ren Festivals, tho. I was thinking because it might be a little cooler, I can take cool better than hot, but I'll bet its because of the Ren Festivals knowing me.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:38 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Val

Last time tonight, I promise. I just keep remembering things I wanted to say in the first post. Thanks for reporting the obvious advertising.

Closed Thread