Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ladyinmaille, are you back?

Just wondering if you are back from WI. and how your trip was?

I am hoping you had a fantastic time and feel fine!

Great weather here last weekend, so my fibromyalgia was not causing any problems.(knock wood)

janet
Old 08-27-2002, 03:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Good News and a trip out west!

Hello Val, Janet, Ladyinmaille, and others who read here,

This is not about pain this moment or this week. It is about my trip I am going on and some about how it got started.....

Well, on Thursday I will be leaving for Oregon, to visit my mother and half-sister. ;-) This will be the third time I have seen them in over 30 years. The last time I saw my mother I was expecting my son at the time and I was only 23 years old; back in 1971.

My parents were divorced and my father had custody of me and my two brothers, but never let us visit with my mother or know anything about her. He also lied about the reason we did not see her. He has passed away back in 1988, so no way of asking him about the reason why??? (God and him only know now.)While I was raised in California, she only lived a few cities away from us, most of our lives, as we grew up. I had been looking for her ever so long.

Now, how I found her or what I had done to find her; was put a posting to a bulletin board on Ancestory.com under my maiden name. I put down just enough information that she would only know. So I wouldn't get answered by someone else. She is 74 years old now there are other family members I am going to meet this time going out to Oregon that I didn't know about.

Well, in June of 2000, wala I got an email from the bullentin board similar to what we get here. I went in and read it. I was completely shocked. The reason I was shocked was because she had said that she had only been online for two years and had been looking for me and my two brothers forever so long too. Also come to find out I have a little sister, whom is a grandmama like me.

While I am gone to Oregon, I will be celebrating my birthday with them, this time my first ever that I can or will be able to remember aftr all these years. I am so excited I am pinching myself.

Well, hold your messages until after the August 29th I will be gone until the 23rd of September. So you all take care I will miss this group of wonderful people; not sure if men read this page)...lol

Have a good second, minute, hour, day, night, week, and month while I am gone. Think pleasant thoughts now ya hear!!

Bye now, Cheryl
Old 08-27-2002, 11:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Oh Cheryl How exciting!!!! I can only imagine the feelings you are having right now. My husband met with his brother for the first time since he was 6 a couple years ago so know that the anticipation is almost overwhelming. I pray that your trip and your time with family new and old will be a wonderful experience.
Enjoy and know that we will all be awaiting your return and all the great stories you will have to share.

I'll miss your happy face around here. Hopefully you will feel great all the time you are gone.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:08 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Janet

Thanks for remembering and asking about me. I've kinda been knocked out the past couple of days. However, I had a marvelous time and so did everybody else. We stayed there for 7 of the 9 hours it was open that day. One time I started to cry from the pain and we went back to the truck to get the wheelchair but I rested and got a fresh gaterade and some cheese and fruit and I was good to go again. The minute we got back to the motel I took a muscle relaxant and the hottest soaking bath I could stand (was too tired and too sore to walk all the way to the end of the hall to the jacuzzi). Then we drove home on Sunday which is a 6 hour drive. Needless to say, I'm still having residual cramps, exhaustion, pain, agony, hurt, hurt but I don't care. It was worth every drop of pain I'm going through. Thanks again for remembering. You are special.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:18 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Cheryl

As Stitcher said we shall miss you but we are so happy you are going to go see your mom and family. How exciting. I'm sorry you spent all those years apart from your mom. That is heartbreaking. I can't imagine not being with my mom growing up. She has been deceased since 1986 and I miss her sooo much.

And to be celebrating your birthday, too. This is just too much. I'm just so excited and happy for you.

Happy Birthday to you.

Hope you have a safe and painless trip and we will be very anxious to hear how everything went. We will try to be patient because you will probably need a couple of days to recover.

Will send good warm fuzzies your way.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Ladyinmaile so glad you had a good time. I thought about you all week-end while i laid around in pain (bad weekend). Sorry that you are paying the price but we all know that we will when we do something - anything. if we have enjoyed what ever it is we have done then sometimes that makes it easier to handle in the end.

I haven't wanted to bother you because I was thinking that you needed your rest but since Janet asked about you and how your trip has gone I could hardly wait till I saw where you had answered. Great to have you back.

You take care of yourself and get all rested up again. okay then when you feel like it we want to hear all about your day at the faire

Today has been a hard day because on top of the pain that I have had all week-end, this was the day to transfer our grd to the pyschatric facility where she will spend the next several years being treated for all the problems that she has. While I know that it is by far the best place for her it is very hard to take her and turn her over to them. Until now we felt we had a little control but now we have none. I have no idea when we will be able to see her again. I will be a few days before they get her settled and then they wil let us know when she can have visitors. Until then I will know nothing because I an "just her grandmother" makes me so mad when I hear that remark. No I do not have legal custody but I am the one that will be there when she needs me and who has been there from the start. Ooooops sorry I'm just a little overwrought right now. :mad:

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.

Last edited by stitcher45; 08-27-2002 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:41 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Stitcher45

It was a marvelous day. We arrived at the gate around 8 am and we were 6th in line. During this time we visit with all the other rennies that we have met at previous ren faires. At 9 am they let you into the parking area and that's where we finish dressing - not as risque as it sounds - You have the bare essentials on and then in the parking lot you add the extra layers, put on your makeup, fix your hair, talk some more with the other rennies. At 10 am they open the gates after the Queen and her court go through. As soon as you enter the gates they have acts going on and people welcoming you and handing you maps and such. Then we started walking to the shops we wanted to pick things up at. Everywhere you look there are acts going on and shops to look into and food and drinks to buy. We belong to the Friends of the Faire so they have a special place we can go sit in the shade to drink ice water and visit. I don't know whether I used my legs or my mouth more. I got a gazillion hugs and had my picture taken so many times. One couple brought this darling little girl (about 8 or 9 I'd guess) and they asked if she might be able to sit by me so they could take a picture of us. I said sure and scooped her up on my lap, she was as light as a feather, then my hubby sat down by us and we posed for a picture. Then Bob took a picture of her with our disc camera and showed her so she could see how pretty she looked. The couple thanked us and said they were sending the pictures back with her when she had to go home. From the coversation, she was with her dad for the summer and going back to her mothers. And I got to see the troll. Oh, I love that man. He even puts dirt and leaves in his hair. He stays in character no matter what is going on around him. Next year Bob says I should walk up and give him a kiss and see if that'll shake him up. He is soooo good. He's my favorite character/act. My next is the Swordsmen. They do a comedy routine but they both have been trained in sword fighting so they are excellent. And then they have all these musical groups and the jousting. Oh, dear, I could go on and on and on. Just so many things happening. I just can't get enough of it.

Sorry to hear you had a bad weekend. I hope the pain lets up soon. It's so exciting about Cheryl isn't it? I always had my family around me so I can't imagine the excitement she is going through. I think everyone has the right to know that they have been adopted and given all the information they need to track down their biological family. Even if the family doesn't want anything to do with them, they at least should be able to get medical information and family information. I know if I had a child out there, I'd want to be able to see him/her. Or if I was adopted, I'd want to know about my other family.

Hope you get to feeling better real soon.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Welcome Back Ladyinmaille

Great to hear from you! So glad you had a fun time at the Fair.It sounds like a blast. I figured you are paying for it now with soreness,tight muscles,and pain, but heck atleast you got to go! Hooray!
I hope your pain lessens with each hour, day & minute.

It was so good to hear about your trip, going somewhere and enjoying yourself just seems to rejuvenate the body and spirit.

I had a busy weekend, we had a surprise party for my Mom's 80th birthday! It was great and alot of family came into town.
I am pretty well tired now too and achy...makes me feel like I have the flu..which all of us know so well.

Here's wishing us all a better day tomorrow.

janet
Old 08-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Janet

Your mom's 80th birthday. Wow.... That is great. I bet you had a wonderful time getting to visit with everybody. Isn't it just a fact of life that sometimes you have to do things that you shouldn't do just because if you didn't there wouldn't be much joy in your life? Whoa, what kind of sentence was that? Did I tell you I'm horrible with English? On top of the fact I can't spell.
Luckily the kids got their brains from their dad.

My wonderful mom died when she was 65, she had lupus, and my dad died at the age of 79. All of my grandparents passed in their 60's so I figure my days are numbered, I'm 55. In case you noticed the wonderful mom and nothing about my dad being wonderful, it's because he wasn't. I gave him due respect for being my biological father but........that's as far as I want to go on that sore subject.

Today was my worst day, I think. I should start healing now and getting a little better everyday. This weekend we are going to try to can some tomatoes so I hope it gets better because it's gonna get worse again. You gotta smile about it or cry about it and I'm still in the ren faire mode so I'm gonna smile this time.

Take care. Here's a soft hug. Wish they had a little smiley face for that one.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Question Oh My

My last post was lost in cyber space...and I had so much to say to you all!

Linda, I welcomed you home, and am so glad your Renissance experience was a success in your spiritual if not in your physical realm!

Sandy, I sent you ~hugs~ and compassion for the day you had. You did what was right, and you are probably one of the strongest women I know of. Your Grand daughter and the beurocrats that surround her may not appreciate what you are sacrificing, but I see it. And I commend you. No wonder you were in such pain. Your body shares what your spirit feels.

Cheryl, I am so excited for you! It is a wonderful opportunity, and I hope you get what you want out of this reunion. I have been a "motherless daughter" since the age of 19 when my mom, aged 52, died of a sudden and massive heart attack as we spent the day together. I have longed for her many times as I have grown into womanhood, and logged the milestones that go with that transition. I envy the chance you have to reconnect with your mom. No matter how old you are, I think having a mother's love would be a priceless and comforting thing.

Janet, Congratulations to your mom! Health and long life! I'm glad you were able to participate, and that the demon fibro didn't keep you down.

I'm doing better myself. I'm having good days and bad days, but still not able to walk more than 20 feet or so without terrible pain.

I'm off all the pain meds and only taking the Neurontin, in hopes that it will be a successful treatment for this neuralgia. The narcotics weren't doing anything for the pain, they were just making me dopey!

Tomorrow I have 2 doctor's appointments. We shall see how that goes.

Val

Closed Thread