Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average.
Old 08-16-2002, 01:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

fibromyaglia

If it were me I would do your entire back. Why just work on half the problem? Sometimes its the doctor. I have worked with physicians before that want it their way or lose the patient. Also it could be your insurance and the way they do billing. If insurance sees your only suppose to get lower back treatment and you are getting full back, they are going to want a different order written by the physician o.king this. Also some doctors do not think that MFR works. Good luck!!!
Old 08-16-2002, 05:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I had a corporate massage once at work as a gift...it was great! I had my neck, shoulders, arms and hands done...I told him first that I had FMS so be careful...he was and there was no pain but the next day I had pain...but then I was able to turn my head back over my shoulder farther than before. I would have one again!

janet
Old 08-16-2002, 05:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good News!

I got an appointment at a Pain Management Clinic! ( I have to wait a month) but at least I got one!

There is a re-hab hospital right around the corner from my house that has a clinic, and my insurance company didn't even realize they offered the service. It is fully covered by my insurance and they have an out-patient program. It is a multi-disciplinary approach, which I have heard is the best.

I plan to write up a summary of all my pain symptoms, not just the main one, and let them "have a go" at me

I am finally feeling like I have something to be hopeful about. I just hope I'm not anchoring my hopes to one thing. I hope pain management is all that I want it to be! I'm afraid I'll be devistated if there is nothing they can do to relieve this pain and get me walking again.

I'm still amazed at how rapidly my disability came on, and I can't believe it can all be caused by something as benign as a pinched nerve, and disc degeneration.

And I thought fibromyalgia was my worst pain

Anyway..I'm looking up and looking forward and still counting my blessings everyday, and you ladies are among them.

Ladyinmaile, you especially have the gift of knowing what to say, and when to say it. Thank you again for your words of comfort and encouragement when I needed them most. I'm sorry I didn't have the spirit to thank you earlier, but your message did touch me, and soothe me.

Be well all

Val
Old 08-16-2002, 07:12 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Val

What a sweet thing to say. You made my day with your kind words. Thank you.

I will keep my toes crossed for you that this will help. Actually with the foot cramps I have it's easy to cross my toes. And I don't want to cross my fingers, can't type that way.

Seriously, I do hope and pray that the pain management helps.
Old 08-17-2002, 07:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

How is everyone doing? Our weather here is changing and it is getting cold...like Fall already! I hate damp and cold weather it makes me hurt. I have been trying to get more exercise, I do think it helps me, I am amazed!!! I have been able to do more and feel better. Let me know if you find that too!

May everyone have a pain-free week!

janet
Old 08-17-2002, 07:49 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Weather

It has cooled off some here in Indiana, too, and I am very grateful. Right now I've got one of the nasty headaches. But other than that I'm feeling relatively pain free. Very tired tonight, had everyone here for supper, but had a wonderful visit with everyone so well worth the exhaustion.

Glad the exercise is helping you and making you feel better, Janet. I find myself sitting down more and more because of the pain. Can't stand that long anymore. I hope I am up to par next weekend because we are headed to Wisconsin for the Bristol Ren Faire. Will take the wheelchair just in case.

Gotta go take my meds and head for bed. Its been a busy day. Hope everyone is feeling the best they can and will get a good nights rest. Gentle hugs
Old 08-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ladyinmaille, So sorry about your headache...I hate them too! If I just start to get a slight one,I hurry up and take tylenol extra strength its the only thing that works for me, if I take it early! I also take a stress-tab vitamin everyday and I drink orange juice everyday too! I actually crave the orange juice or oranges...if I don't have any I take a vitamin C tablet.

Maybe you have just been overdoing the last couple of days...if your body says I'm tired listen to it and get more rest, even a nap or two! I used to fight that urge but I don't anymore...

Maybe you can try to exercise from a seated position...like stretch an arm, fingers pointed to the ceiling like you want to touch the ceiling...don't go crazy, go gently...then try the other...do it a couple of times if it feels okay. I have even done leg lifts from a seated position. So sorry about not being able to stand for any length of time...good thing you have wheels to keep you busy seeing and enjoying the world!

I hope you have an abundance of energy and that you will be painfree for your trip to WI. I can't wait to hear all about it!

janet
Old 08-18-2002, 07:22 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Exercise

Janet, you are right, I could be doing some stretching exercises and a few isometrics from a seated position. I don't know why I didn't think of it. I used to do isometrics all the time at my chair at work. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2002, 02:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

pain

Here in Ohio I have been in terrible pain. Between my headaches & the rest of my body it is hard to get around.

But we have been bouncing back & forth with just a sprinkle here & there but dark clouds going through for the pst two days.
We have not moxed our grass since the second week in June
Not complaining, but we really need about 4 days of a nice gentle rain to take care of everything.
But back to the pain yes it had been bad.
I have went to a massage therapist & she believes in ONLY doing the entire body, not just specific parts. She says you need to work on the entire system (that is what she calls your body). She says if your electrical system is not working right you will be in alot of pain
She makes me feel wonderful for at least a couple of weeks at a time. She is also in her late 70's!!!!!!!! But I love her dearly.
Hope everyone has a restful night.
Old 08-18-2002, 02:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I think the problem is that I see a Physical Therapist and not a Massage therapist. It is what mt insurance pays for. So the massage is only a small part of what the entire therapy session consists of.

I will be starting therapy at a new place soon, hopefully next week, closet to my home, because I can't travel to the old place anymore.

I hope the new therapist takes a more liberal view of my needs.

Val

Closed Thread