Fibromyaglia

You're on Page 23 of 65
Go to
  • Katylyn, go to the box at the top of the page that says User CP, click on that and select edit profile...fill in the necessary boxes, and hit reset. This should work.

Good Luck, sounds like your day is better today! Sometimes venting is great to get it off your chest....being poor is only a money thing, you can be rich in more important matters, like rich in friends, love for mankind, and the beauty that surrounds us each day...think about it, isn't it glorious to KNOW that everyday the Sun will come up, we have water to drink, fresh air to breathe, etc. If God keeps the little sparrows fed he will provide for us too!

janet
  • New on the Block
    Good Morning Janet and thanks for the info on location.

Please don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for many things including being able to even get out of bed in the mornings, HOT water, air conditioning in the summer, my girls (dogs), my parents still being able to do what they can and are still here (I almost lost my mom to a massive heart attack April 1, but she is doing very well now), fragrant flowers, the blue sky, our freedom that we cherish so much and hope to maintain, and many, many other things. I was just venting and needed to get it all out.

But, I am tired of being this way and hope for a better life in the future, but don't know how I can get there from here. Just searching for answers and help along the way.

Thanks, Katy
  • disability
    I wish I could find someone that worked in the Ohio School Employee Retirement System that has gotten disability from them. This is who I am dealing with not Social Security & it seems very different.
    I was to my ortho Dr Fri & he wants to schedule my total knee replacement surgery, I know that won't be cheap. I worked for 23 years & should be entitled to some benefits, just because I am 50 doesn't mean I can't be disabled!
    Throw in my sleep apnea, fibromyalgia & osteoarthritis, please would you want me driving your childrens School Bus? I think NOT!
    Sorry bad day today. It is very humid here & in the 90's. I think it is going to storm so I need to get off my computor.
    Gentle Hugs to all that need them!
  • bgwelz
    I get the impression you are talking about trying to get your job to give you a disability pension. Anyone who has worked, and contributed to federal taxes is eligible to apply for Social Security Disability Insurance. You are not limited to you employer's disability pension system alone. You really need to talk to an attourney on this one!

As far as getting the disability pension from your job...I say go for it!! And best of luck.

I wasn't able to get one because the injury occured not as an "accident" but in the "normal performance of my job".... what a rip-off...it was the "normal" performance of my job, to crawl into an excavated hole that collapsed at a construction site, and haul out a 350 lb man, because I was the smallest paramedic at the scene... None of the men could fit into the hole. Dragging the scoop stretcher over the beams is what tore out my back. It was a lousy loop-hole that still has me bitter, ( as you can probably tell). Then to top it all off..because the job title was "Advanced Emergency Medical TECHNICIAN"...a Technician was not considered to be a "physically hazardous job title" ..so I wasn't entitled to a light duty assignment afterward....Oh I could go on, and on....

Anyway that was a long time ago, and it's all sour grapes by now.

We bear our pains and aches day by day...some better than others...the days that is...LOL!

Good luck with whatever turns out!

Val
  • disability
    Anyone that works in the Ohio School System is NOT eligible for Social Security, they have their own system that we pay into which I have done for 23 yrs.
    But they will not believe what my Dr are telling them & have disallowed my disability pension. But I cannot pass the physical to drive bus anymore so I cannot work, & know I can't work at driving a school bus.
    I cannot find an attorney to take on the School Employee Retirement System, only my Sleep Dr. He is trying to fight for me, but it doesn't look good.
    So I can get nothing since I am not eligible for SS. I know this is hard to understand unless you live in Ohio & know the system. I thought this was a great job, but I now wish I had worked elsewhere where I could get SS.
  • bgwelz
    I appologize

I had no idea there could be a system anywhere that could circumvent your right to social security like that. I'm so sorry that I misunderstood, and that you have this awful situation to deal with!

I hope you can find a good lawyer that is used to dealing with them. Has any of the local attorneys ever taken them on? I just hope you get some relief from this nightmarish problem.

Good luck with the knee surgery, by the way. I hope it doesn't make the fibro any worse. I know surgeries always have sparked my fibro into a flare. Be good to yourself beforehand. Get plenty of rest and a nice, pampering massage if you can manage one.

Val
  • I HURT!!!!!!!!
    I hurt so bad today I want to crawl in a hole a die. I am tired of hurting and want to go away. No I don't mean I would do anything to hurt myself (been there done that and it wasn't worth it when it didn't work) I just want to have some time when I don't hurt. I haven't had a good sleep for so long that right now I can't remember when I slept the whole night and had a ggod deep sleep. Between being a light sleeper and having so much pain I don't even get a good sleep when I do sleep. Oh darm I'm sorry that I have dumped again. I didn't intend to say anything except that I hurt.

I'm leaving so I don't bother everyone any more.
    Hope you are having a good day.

• Poor Stitcher
    Ohh Stitcher! I'm sooo sorry you are feeling so bad. You need a great big gentle hug, and a lot of TLC. I'd love to be able to make you a cup of tea, get you a nice warm bath running, and sit and chat with you while I get your supper started. After that we could spend the evening just relaxing together and I'd listen for as long as you'd need to talk.

Some days we all need a friend for just those things, and I wish I could be there for you.

If you'd like to, you can send me your phone number and I'll call you. I have Nation wide cell phone service...

Keep your spirits up...there are some of us out here that know exactly how you feel...and it's NOT called dumping....it's called asking for support.

Val
  • Stitcher45
    You can vent all you want to because we will listen and offer a sympathic response. We all know what you feel like when you say you hurt so much and we wish we could do something to help but the most we can do is say we are sorry you are having so much pain and hope and pray it will let up soon so you can rest. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • I hurt too!
    Stitcher45

I hurt too! Giving you a big hug too! We are here for each other...

I have trouble sleeping and being up all night going to the bathroom because I am also incontinent. I had a test ran and should have surgery for that too. How many surgeries do we have to have to make us normal again.

Sometmes I wonder what else could happen that hasn't happen already?

What is it about having surgery that effects the fiberomyaglia? As one of you said in the thread ( can not remember who did? )

Right now, I have something wrong with my fingers and hands; it has been going on for several years; since 1998. I took a trip to Ontario, Canada, to visit friends we meet online. After I got back from there they started splitting, cracking open; with fissures or lesions as they are called, they bleeds also.

I went to a dermatologist he gave me samples to apply to my hands. After several weeks of going to him. He finally said,"Stop using your hands!"

Well, lets see what do I use my hands for??? hummmmm???? How stupid, can you imagine that!!!

Seems, I am rambling again...this happens alot lately...

I then went to another dermatologist for second opinion and he gave me a steroid cream that is for the surface only. With all the antibiotics and steriods that have been given to me since I was 19 years old; next month, the Sept. 17th, I will be 55 years old. I think that my autoimmune system is completely out of whack. I have an over abundance of yeast in my system seems it feels like it is roaming around my whole system.

I have severe obstructive sleep apnea, it started back in 1993, I have gain so much weight it is unbelievable ovr 300+; size 26-28.

My thyroid on the left side was acting up ( hypothyroidism ); my weight then was 135 lbs., size 11-12 this was in 1981. So from 1981 all this must have really started. My God, I didn't know it has been that long.

I had surgery on my thryoid (a cyst was discovered in it.) It kept filling with liquid, they took needles and siphoned it out, they checked it through the lab and it came back fine. So I decided that it would be good idea to have my thyroid removed. Because the doctor who did the surgery said because of my age 34; it would be better while I was younger to have it removed; then to wait until I was to old and complications could happen.

Whew, does this make any sense?

I was off again rambling like crazy; does this mean that I am crazy.

Do not have a doctor that will really listen to me. The insurance companies get involved, (we pay for this insurance premiums too) and do not want the doctors to do their job.

Well, let me go said alot now.

Bye Cheryl