Fibromyaglia

You're on Page 16 of 65
Go to
  • Leslie9220
    Thank you for all the sound advice. Looking back I'm already starting to forget all the stupid things he blamed me for so I will start a journal immediately. Thank you thank you thank you.
  • Hi everyone,
    My Chiropractor says to use MSM daily for joint pain and other types of aches and pains. Does anyone know anything about this? It is Sulfa and something else I believe. Just asking if anyone takes it or knows about it.
    Babs
  • Good luck Ladyinmaille! We're all behind you...
    One way or another eventually you will overcome your 'Dragon- of- a- Boss' and be a stronger person spiritually and emotionally. Hang in there and God Bless.

Leslie9220
  • I can't remember who posted that reflexology helped her foot pain with fibro. Are there any good books out there on the subject? I would like to learn how

Leslie9220
  • Fibromyalgia, etc.
    Ladies, thanks for all the wonderful advice posted here. It's really been a tremendous help and encouragement to me.

Babs, my mother in law took MSM and it really did help her joints. I just can't afford it at this point, otherwise I'd be on it too. But go ahead and try it if you can -- it's good.

Sorry to be so abrupt, but I do not feel good and have a lot to do today. Everyone take care, and don't give in to the pain!!

• Hi ladies. I started reading this thread because a friend's mother has fibromyalgia. I was surprised to find how many of you also suffer from TMJ syndrome.

I've had TMJ syndrome for almost 20 years. It started with a viral infection, then the jaw pain and headaches started. After quite a few years of treatment from a dentist (and many visits to chiropractors), I am now about 90% pain free. Nineteen years ago, when I saw a rheumatologist, he said I would be living with the pain for the rest of my life. I am so glad I didn't listen to him and continued treatment with the dentist.

So if you have TMJ syndrome, please make an appointment with your dentist. At the very least, they can make a special soft splint (similar to a mouthguard worn for sports) to be worn at night which really cuts down on teeth grinding. I went through a series of splints and now have permanent caps on my teeth. Check with your insurance plan; some cover TMJ syndrome. TMJ syndrome is a MEDICAL condition, not a problem with the teeth.

I also saw a physical therapist, and she taught me some coping mechanisms to help with the pain: The first one is to say "Mmmmm". Another is to click my tongue as if I was saying "Tsk tsk". Make sure and have good posture; the ears should line up with the shoulders. Take a few minutes each hour to breathe deeply.

God's blessings to you all! I hope all of you ladies see an improvement in your health.
  • Thanks for the info on TMJ rainequilts....one of the biggest things I did, was I learned to sleep on my back instead of on my side or stomach...it puts too much pressure on your jaw...eventhough I love snuggling into my pillow! lol My dentist said he could make a bite plate device to put in your mouth to keep you from clenching your teeth...mine is not as troublesome as before since I adjusted my sleep position.

janet
  • You're welcome, Janet! I agree; I've made my jaw sore by sleeping in the wrong position on my stomach.
  • Fibromyalgia, etc.....
    Thanks so much for the hints on the TMJ. I too have that, but my insurance company will not pay for anything, so I'm kind of stuck. I'm going to give exercises a try, so if anyone out there knows of any more exercises, please post them.

Many apologies for this being so short, but I'm still feeling pretty lousy. Sorry!!

With much prayer and gratefulness,

Carie
    ;-)
  • Hello fellow sufferers,

Sitting here reading the threads makes me wonder why so many of us have to suffer so . My hands are so sore right one is really giving me a hard time But what are we to do but suffer in silence Sometimes I wonder what to do in these situations. I try to keep my sense of humor, for that is about all that is keeping me going now adays
    I am so happy to have found this thread and so many others that understand what I am going through daily. Bless each and everyone of you dear people. Your Angels each and everyone of you and might I say a concerned group of interesting people too..... Thank you again. bye now Cheryl