Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: We live in Northwest Mississippe, very close to Memphis TN.
I wish there was a perfect pill. I have been taking cymbalta for about a year. Some nights it is so bad I can not keep my feet still. i end up getting up and sitting up half the night. So I now have sellping pills which I have to take early in the evening if I wnt to get into bed by 1 am. I am up and out of bed by 7 am, so I run on 6 hours of sleep a night. I have lost my get-up and go, I drag through my chores and am exhausted every day, but if I go to bed my feet keep me awake.

Having children is like being pecked to death
by a duck!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

A perfect pill would b WONDERFUL!!!! I know what u mean about the sleep. I get a total of 2 good hours of sleep a night and that is if I am lucky. Seems 2 kinda help if my feet r moving and it drives hubby crazy. I have found that standing up makes me feel better. Guess that I will just have 2 live w this dreadful disease...
Old 04-07-2009, 05:40 AM

NavyWife, are you sure you have neuropathy?
I was being treated for it until I kept complaining about needing to move my feet all night. The doctor took me off that med and put ne on requip for restless legs. Now that is a miracle drug, but don't skip a dose or you will be miserable.
I've found that standing barefoot on a cold floor will help until the pill kicks in.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Neuropathy

To Navy wife in Missippi
I agree that you may have Restless Leg Syndrome. I used to have it and I couldn't sleep either and couldn't sit still for my leg movements drove me crazy. I do not honestly know which medication helped me but I am no longer bothered with it. I do Have Neuropathy and it is very painful. For that I take Lyrica and it helps more then anything, it also has been a miracle drug for Fibromyalgia.

shirl
Old 04-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The neuorologist told me that I first started out w RLS and was put on Lyrica 4 about a year then the symptoms got worse and an EMG showed 85% muscle and tissue loss in my legs, feet, and hands. I have now been diagnosed w Idiopathic Peripheral Neuoropathy, RLS, Vit B1 & Vit B12 deficiency, and malnutrition. I am in PT 3x a week 4 INTENSE therapy. Hoping that I will get back 2 normal again but will never b "the same" as b4. Dr. told me 2 sign up 4 disability asap and don't drive.....
Old 04-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Neuropathy

Wendy Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about all the touble you are having. I hope all your treatments help. PT does help. I wish my Dr. would send me back to PT especially water PT. I felt so much better afterwards. I have lost the feeling in 2 toes but sometimes I still have a lot of pain in my feet, ankles and fingers. I will pray for your needs. I wish you all the best, to get through this.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Nurothropy

Hi again. Thanks for advising that what I have could be RLS . My husband has been taking Requip for several years. Our son has been on requip for RLS for two months. I am now taking Cymbalta 30mg ,once a day for my nurotharpy. I see my Doctor in two months, and I will ask him about TLS. Thanks for the advise,

by a duck!

Last edited by Navy wife in Missipp; 04-08-2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: correcting some sppelling
Old 04-09-2009, 05:15 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

shirl43, Thank u. This is such a wierd disease...

navywife, B sure 2 mention that 2 the Dr...
Old 04-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

WendyMichelle Thank you for the advise you have given to me. I have a family Doctor who is in Internal Medicine. He is very good and I can talk to him about any thing. My husband, two grown son's, my daughter and daufhter-in-law all see him, I promise we will discuss this then, Thank you again, I appreciate it

Navywife

by a duck!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

navywife, u r welcome. Keep us updated...