FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Health - Chronic Diseases (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/health-chronic-diseases/)
-   -   3 Lumps Found in my underarm area (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/health-chronic-diseases/22787-3-lumps-found-my-underarm-area.html)

leasmom 05-29-2008 04:13 AM

3 Lumps Found in my underarm area

I've had pain in my underarm area since 2003. I told an emergency doctor that I had pain and he said it was sinutitis. Years went by with me dealing with a slight annoyance to the point that it hurt. I went last year to my current-(as soon as I can switch him I will)-doctor who had a tech do an ultrasound and then told me there was nothing there.

I told him I could feel it but that was the end of that. So, I figured that maybe it was just fibrocystic breast though I knew it happened whether I was on my period or not. So, I just dealt with it after all, he scanned me and said there wasn't anything there. It has gotten bigger and worst, to the point I can touch the lump and nearly pass out. There isn't a time that I don't feel it, it just varies in degrees.

So, yesterday I told the tech the same one that did my ultrasound that I am still in pain. So, she said that the woman that does the soft skin ultrasound was here and she would try to get me in to see her then. She told me she doesn't know how to look at those type of ultrasounds but that he had her do it anyway last year. And that the expert on it was finally here and could tell me. I told the other tech where it was, she felt it and said, "Yes, I can feel it". She immediately found one large lump, and then one deep one and one tiny one." I was so grateful that someone listened to me finally...now I have to go back next week for a mammogram.

I'm trying to say positive because it could be something simple. Or it could be serious...I do have a history of breast cancer in my family...my grandmother died of it when I was 6. I just pray for time...if its cancer or not, I just pray for time.

Mish 05-29-2008 04:06 PM

leasmom,I am so glad that someone did listen to you.I hope it will all be ok and I will pray for you.Try not to worry to much.We are all here for you.
Mish :)

Sueanne 05-29-2008 05:20 PM

Leasmom....Glad someone finally listened to you. Have you been using alot more underarm deodorant ? Sometimes the sweat glands get backed up and the lymph nodes start swelling. Try to stay calm we are all praying for you. Could even just have a infection that can be cleared up with antibiotics
_________
Sueanne

leasmom 05-30-2008 05:01 AM

I freaked my sister out last night via the phone by talking about it. She said she didn't want to think about me not being around. I told her we don't know anything yet to worry about. She started crying and saying I was the only family she had. I felt really bad because my sister is NOT the type to cry. My doctor put me on antibotics I guess to see if that resolves the problem...I think the 9th is on a Monday...so until then, I have to wait.

Mish 05-30-2008 05:05 AM

Hopefully being on the drug that will help you out.Try to stay calm and I hope and pray that you will be ok.
Mish :)

leasmom 05-31-2008 07:08 AM

Thanks.

danstigerangel 05-31-2008 08:48 PM

leasmom---Please try to stay calm as hard as it can be. I agree with what Sueanne said. It could be almost anything. I have had a similar problm and the doctors felt it was caffeine related.

leasmom 06-01-2008 05:34 AM

caffeine related? Can you explain? THanks.

DeBora4BobbyL 06-01-2008 06:06 AM

Leasmom, I've been told, in the past, to lay off the coffee becuase it was giving me cysts. Here's a link that might help explain.

I am so glad that you finally got someone to listen to you. I wish doctors would learn that people know their own bodies better than anyone. Unfortunately, there are so many attention-seeking patients and patients that may be a bit of a hypochondriac, that they tune everyone out who has a complaint that isn't immediately obvious. You definately should scream, "I told you so!"

Statistically, it will probably be nothing. Odds are in your favor, at least.

bluebird 06-01-2008 06:57 AM

My sister had a infected hair follicle once. The lump was huge. I am praying that is what you have. Hugs.